Are you going to Thailand within 6 months if the November 1 rules still apply ?

Are you going to Thailand within 6 months if the November 1 rules still apply ?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Select one option

• I intend to visit using the one night "Quarantine Free" quarantine system.
    • I intend to visit using the Sandbox
    • I would like to visit, but will wait until entry requirements are similar to pre-covid. (Current rules too restrictive)
    • I do not intend to visit Thailand, no matter what the entry rules.
    • I am already in Thailand
    • I will do full 10 night quarantine

I have mentioned in other threads that I plan to visit for the full month of April.

I have booked my first week in Bangkok and the second in Pattaya with fully refundable hotels, from the second week (Songkran) I will decide whether i go back to Bangkok, stay in Pattaya, or explore elsewhere.

If alcohol restrictions are in place with all gogos and bars closed in March, or if restrictions get any worse than they are as planned at Nov 1 'quarantine free', I will cancel.

Here's hoping i will be writing my live trip report in 5 months time.:drinks:

I'm prepared to wait, been patiently waiting this long so a bit longer won't bother me too much. Plan A is mid year June / July depending on airlines, the situation in Bangkok and any quarantine requirements back here upon return (if any). Plan B is October / November and once again just depends on how things are or have been going there and here and again the airlines. Really hoping we get direct flights again and things have settled down a lot so that I can enjoy some hot times with some Thai hunks. 

42 minutes ago, stijntje said:

I have no problem doing a PCR-test in my own country just before departure, but I don't want to risk to have a positive test at arrival in any other country in the world. 

For me, the probabilities are low enough.

I take a test just before traveling & travel on a plane full of other people who have also been tested.  I'll wear FFP3/N99 masks all the way from home to the quarantine hotel.  FFP3 masks are proven to dramatically reduce the infection rate of hospital staff working in covid wards. 

47 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

How are you able to ensure that?

If traveling on a flight directly to Thailand, the airlines check the covid test and other documents needed for entry.    If taking a connecting flight, of course policies may differ & we cannot guarantee everyone is tested.    

Also, I suspect occupancy levels on flights will still be low.    Perhaps not as low as March, when I think there were 7 people on the Bangkok to Zurich flight, all tested.   However, I'm not expecting to see a full flight for my next trip.  

4 hours ago, Londoner said:

I'm too old to wait....time has become more precious over the past couple of years.  Accordingly, I wish to go when I'm still  active....which includes "that"! Naturally.

I 'm prepared to wait a couple of months to see how the new scheme pans out, particularly regarding the flight and arrival in BKK. To this end, I want to read posts from the intrepid explorers who'll  be this forum's guinea -pigs. 

So for me, it's  late January / early February.

Waiting a little makes sense, but I don't think you have to wait that long. 

I'll be watching the "enterThailand" Facebook group, to see what snags people traveling just before me get.

Also, it might be too soon to say this, but so far, prep for my trip in 2021 looks way easier than 2020.

(i) e-visa easier than posting passport, approved in 2 days

(ii)  Airline provides insurance which met the visa rules and has been proven to meet the covid rules by other travelers, so no research needed.

(iii)   I was able to book a quarantine hotel in Bangkok on Agoda and got the confirmation docs through immediately.   I e-mailed about 50 hotels last year.   Incidentally, the "ASQ" hotels seem to have got their act together more than the SHA+ hotels.    Effectively, 1 night quarantine is just like a pared back version of the 15 night and 10 night quarantine they have already been offering for some time. 

(iv) When I come to arranging the PCR provider in the UK, there are now loads of providers and at lower cost than last year, so I anticipate it will be easy.  I just need a RT-PCR test certificate, with no additional "fit to fly" accompanying it.

The big unknown is the Thai Pass, but there are a few weeks for others to find the hurdles.

Flight and Hotels booked mid January through mid February 27 days.  Staying in Bangkok.  W Hotel Suite for 2 20 of those nights with breakfast, laundry and discounts $110 US per night including tax & tip.  Must stay 10 nights or more for the deal.  Not sure if you need to be a BonVoy member or not.  Going to use the Meridian SHP+ Marriott Surawongse for some free nights prior to the W.  Unless something extraordinary happens, I plan to make the trip.

Regarding the risk of catching covid, Richard barrow took a CO2 meter on his recent flight from BKK to London and consulted it before deciding if it was safe to take off his mask to eat.   (CO2 is an indicator of ventilation efficiency)

Well up the nerd scale.   I approve.

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/richardbarrow/issues/reopening-of-thailand-dispatch-4-833856?fbclid=IwAR305LIFaa4rsf4iixF7l75J9B3cogU6Kahnde3UcuAbw4SSP3l2lcrLcH0

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

Why do you mention 1st of November rules?

They will almost certainly be superseded by the 1st of December rules.

My poll is about methods of entering Thailand and it's based on known announced rules for entering Thailand.

I don't know of any planned rule changes for entering Thailand on 1 Dec.  

Of course, there are likely to be continual reviews on what's open within Thailand, but that is a separate poll question, which you are welcome to ask at any time. 

On 10/29/2021 at 2:06 PM, z909 said:

If traveling on a flight directly to Thailand, the airlines check the covid test and other documents needed for entry.    If taking a connecting flight, of course policies may differ & we cannot guarantee everyone is tested.    

Also, I suspect occupancy levels on flights will still be low.    Perhaps not as low as March, when I think there were 7 people on the Bangkok to Zurich flight, all tested.   However, I'm not expecting to see a full flight for my next trip.  

Returning Thais do not need a negative test before flying, or be fully vaccinated. While some airlines may have their own policy, I'm sure Thai Airways in particular will not implement something different than the government requires for Thai people. There was a thread on this on Richard Barrow's twitter feed on 26 October. So depending on your airline, you may well sit next to an untested and unvaccinated person!

FCmfp33VUAE-7lR?format=jpg&name=small

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

One thing we'll never be told is why some (if any) potential visitors have the applications refused, or (even more distressing!), make it as far as BKK Immigration...and no further.

I have very strong feeling that we you make up to Immigration we will be admitted easily

1 hour ago, fedssocr said:

Are more flights available yet? Or are most airlines still waiting to see what happens?

I don't expect to see Asia again until next Autumn at the soonest.

There are sufficient flights out of Europe.  

When I booked, the direct options out of London were very infrequent compared with pre-pandemic, but there were plenty of indirect flights.    If I'm going to spend 89 days in Thailand, an extra 3~4 hours on the journey isn't a big problem. 

I actually travelled to Thailand for a short holiday in september, using the Phuket Sandbox system. I wouldn't repeat it tomorrow, but after 18 months with no travel it was quite a relief to have a real holiday, however short.

The administrative overhead was more manageable than many of the comments everywhere suggested. I used my normal year-round travel insurance without issues.