GWMinUS

Sinovac Covid Vaccine

New data released in the last month or so seem to show that for good effect, Sinovac (also known as Coronavac) needs a 3-dose regime, with the 3rd dose about 6 - 8 months after the second dose. From https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210810005405/en/SINOVAC-Announces-Positive-Data-on-Booster-Shots-of-CoronaVac®-Induces-Strong-Immune-Response-in-Adult-and-Elderly-Populations

"A third dose given 6 to 8 months after the second dose quickly induced a strong immune response, and the neutralizing antibody titers at day 28 after the third dose increased by three to five times higher than the levels recorded on day 28 after the second injection. "

Also reported in https://www.dailysabah.com/turkey/turkish-university-reveals-findings-of-3-dose-efficacy-of-sinovac/news

Tell your friend not to despair. Just try to get a third dose 6 - 8 months after the second.

In Malaysia, anyone who received 2 dose of sinovac will be allowed to get a 3rd pfizer booster after 3 month. For now, priority is given to frontliner and high risk individuals. Booster for those who received pfizer vaccine is set at 6 month after.

33 minutes ago, spoon said:

In Malaysia, anyone who received 2 dose of sinovac will be allowed to get a 3rd pfizer booster after 3 month. For now, priority is given to frontliner and high risk individuals. Booster for those who received pfizer vaccine is set at 6 month after.

Now that is a good policy.   Give the people who got the worst vaccine one of the best boosters and with priority timing.   Such a policy should be repeated elsewhere.

Like with us in the USA? I got two shots of the Moderna vaccine. And it has been 6 months since my second shot. Now I am waiting for  availability of the Moderna Booster. Soon I hope...

I will pass on the comments to my friend on Cebu. I know that Cebu City has been giving the Pfizer vaccine to front line workers.