Will7272

Silom bars

On 5/6/2022 at 6:32 AM, vaughn said:

SuperA sign was still up as of 2 weeks ago, I saw it had the shutters open one afternoon but didn't see any activity up the stairs so probably just building maintenance.

I thought the now deceased Super A had moved downstairs to pretty dreadful premises more than a few years ago.

• Members
Just now, Tartegogo said:

Yes guys, sorry if this is being asked every 3 months or so, but I couldn’t find the answer quickly. What is a fair price to take a Silom boy to your hotel for the whole night?

And second question: is it cheaper in Pattaya?

49 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Yes guys, sorry if this is being asked every 3 months or so, but I couldn’t find the answer quickly. What is a fair price to take a Silom boy to your hotel for the whole night?

Pattaya is much cheaper then BKK.

Many boys do not doing long term at all (girlfriend/boyfriend not aloud, work or study next day, family commitments and so on ) the rates might be varied between 2000 to 3000 Baht and sometimes more .

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I thought the now deceased Super A had moved downstairs to pretty dreadful premises more than a few years ago.

Yes, it's many years since we had to climb the rickety wrought iron stairs.
It moved downstairs years ago.
I've messaged the former doorman to see if it's still open downstairs.
I was a little shocked upstairs when I went for a pee and discovered that the downpipe on the urinal was connected to nothing.  My pee was soaking my shoes.

5 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

And second question: is it cheaper in Pattaya?

The going rate for long time in Pattaya is 2000 baht.   Although, many lads prefer to do short time.

1 hour ago, Patanawet said:

I was a little shocked upstairs when I went for a pee and discovered that the downpipe on the urinal was connected to nothing.  My pee was soaking my shoes.

Perhaps a new thread should be started...."the worst toilets in Thailand". For me, the old K-Boys (predecessor of Nice). And in the world?  a public toilet in rural West Africa. I don't thank you for reminding me of that experience.

7 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

What is a fair price to take a Silom boy to your hotel for the whole night?

3000 did it for me in most cases, some may go for 2500 and more popular may expect/ ask you for more then 3000.

As Z909 and Boy69 remarked above it's becoming more difficult to get whole nighters but obviously in such a case level of  tip is irrelevant.

Take your heart ! While more difficult , not that difficult- if guy A declines you will find willing guy B or C easily and some  short timers who will ask you if you want them whole night. 

According to the Bangkok Post, the Public Health Ministry moved the Covid-19 alert down one level (from 4 to 3) on Monday as the country remains on course to declare the coronavirus an endemic disease. The main difference between the two stages is that people can enter entertainment venues and crowded places with caution.

Level 4 encourages people to stay away from those places.

Despite members' advice not to enter the eardrum breaking dreamboys bar, there was  no contest between fresh boy's touts which seems to mistake me for thai, and the half naked boys of db on the soi.

There seemed to be a surge of revenge tips that night. Each performer had at least 3 tips before they ended their number. It made me feel like a cheap charlie in the room. The waiters and mamasam are quite attentive to guests. Very professional.  Kudos to the owners for the good training. A good thing  that night, I was hit upon by an Arab guest.  555

They have half naked (tops off) boys on stage and they have the shows interspersed to avoid the mass Exodus you often see in clubs in the past.

1 hour ago, orson said:

There seemed to be a surge of revenge tips that night. Each performer had at least 3 tips before they ended their number. It made me feel like a cheap charlie in the room.

I get the impression that some venues almost certainly plant staff in the audience to hand out very large fake "tips" purely for the purpose of persuading others to do the same.    

Why else would someone be dishing out 1000 baht notes when the act has only been running for a couple of minutes ?

Don't feel any obligation to join in, unless, of course certain performers deserve a tip.

4 hours ago, z909 said:

Why else would someone be dishing out 1000 baht notes when the act has only been running for a couple of minutes

mix of drunkenness and horniness does that trick, happened to me (500 only) in XBoys Pattaya while ago.

About planting fake tippers I have the same suspicion but  don't blame the bar, their job is to create proper atmosphere 

9 hours ago, z909 said:

Why else would someone be dishing out 1000 baht notes when the act has only been running for a couple of minutes ?

OH these were the normal 100 baht tip. Though my Arab admirer asked to change his for 20 baht bills. I guess to make it seem more. 555

Looking at Google it says Patpong night market is permanently closed, I'm hoping not and that it reopens when more people return

On 5/14/2022 at 2:19 PM, paulsf said:

Our favorite 5 Star dining establishment has added capacity today.   Few more tables and much less social distancing between tables.    Anticipating the arrival of a certain daily diner and his friends.    

I went today around 8.30 for my first breakfast and place was packed so I was forced to do rounds around the area and  only then I managed to feed myself and discover they breakfast special went up from 65 to shameless 70! 

On 5/15/2022 at 3:31 AM, TMax said:

Looking at Google it says Patpong night market is permanently closed, I'm hoping not and that it reopens when more people return

The night market is a tourist trap with expensive prices local are not shopping there so there is no reason for them to open it till the mass tourism is coming back.

1 hour ago, Boy69 said:

The night market is a tourist trap with expensive prices local are not shopping there so there is no reason for them to open it till the mass tourism is coming back.

Agreed.  

An authentic tourist trap requires tourists.    I don't miss it at all.