Will7272

Silom bars

2 hours ago, vaughn said:

How are you enjoying your trip? Better or worse than you expected?

What is the silom soi 4 scene like, are there many working boys looking for clients, or is it mostly locals partying amongst themselves?

I'm enjoying the trip thank you.  About as expected.

Silom Soi 4 has a mixture of farang and locals, some of whom are working boys.

Also, as always, there is plenty to see during the daytime:

20211204_105227_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, z909 said:

I will gladly pay 350 baht when the lads are wearing the thin white underwear normally seen in Fresh Boys, however if they are fully clothed, what exactly is the premium drink price paying for ?

In normal circumstances, I'd agree. But considering the bar is struggling get back on its feet again, I might give it a bit or moral--and financial--support. And maybe I'd decide one of the trio is someone I'd might like to get to know better.

7 hours ago, z909 said:

Fresh Boys was open last night.  I didn't stay, as the 3 lads on stage were fully clothed.  I have no idea why Thai bars do this when reopening.  I will gladly pay 350 baht when the lads are wearing the thin white underwear normally seen in Fresh Boys, however if they are fully clothed, what exactly is the premium drink price paying for ?

Probably because night entertainment are not allowed to open, so clothed boys on stage makes it easier for them to say they are still a restaurant and not night club? 

5 hours ago, reader said:

The extent of my "support" would have been to overlook just having only 3 boys on stage and be a customer, just as long as they are properly attired for a gogo bar.

Also, a reliable source tells me this bar is owned by someone in the BIB. If that's correct, they don't need my charity. 

5 minutes ago, reader said:

equally attractive in street clothes...like the lad in your photo on Silom

Agree, but i also agree that u dont need to pay the entrance fee to see boys in street clothes hehe. 

Is there any bars that actually have boys on stage wearing their usual gogoboys outfits?

8 hours ago, spoon said:

Is there any bars that actually have boys on stage wearing their usual gogoboys outfits ?

Not at present.

Fresh Boys had street clothes on Friday and an empty stage on Saturday. 

Dream Boys have clothes.  Perhaps they go further in the show, but these are a long long way from my idea of what a Dream Boy is, so I'm not going to investigate that.

Jupiter appears to be operating an outdoor bar service.  

There are lots of handsome and well groomed lads in Bangkok these days and to see them fully clothed, there's no need to visit a Gogo bar.

To put up with the mamasans and pay 350 Baht for the drinks, the bars need some bait to lure me in.  Cute boys in white undies would do the trick.  Even if there are only 3 of them.

Pushy touts as we see at Dream Boys do not work with me.  The more pushy they are, the less likely I am to visit.

There are some other good causes also deserving of my financial support.  Such as the charming Chulalongkorn University student I met via Grindr yesterday.   He'd asked for a rather modest tip by current day standards, but was so nice I gave him extra.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

I 'd give bars some slack for a good start. 

Fully clothed?  That's a lot of slack. 

And I don't know why they are fully clothed or even wearing jeans.  I know of no rules that say they can't be in their briefs, as before.

I remember the good ol' days when in some bars they weren't fully clothed.  They were fully naked - not even the briefs.  That is going back quite a number of years now, but it was true.

However, for me, the boys in briefs are much more appealing than completely naked.

10 hours ago, z909 said:

There are lots of handsome and well groomed lads in Bangkok these days and to see them fully clothed, there's no need to visit a Gogo bar.

I guess the gogo boys might still be more willing to undress if needed.

I also got an offer of a private big cock show by one of the not yet open gogo bars - didnt ask for the price though.

10 hours ago, z909 said:

There are some other good causes also deserving of my financial support.  Such as the charming Chulalongkorn University student I met via Grindr yesterday.   He'd asked for a rather modest tip by current day standards, but was so nice I gave him extra.

Thank God apps are still alive and kicking!

6 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

And I don't know why they are fully clothed or even wearing jeans.  I know of no rules that say they can't be in their briefs, as before.

I guess because the rules say night clubs, bars, karaoke etc are to remain closed.

If boys were to be seen in underwear it could hardly be classed as a “restaurant”.

4 minutes ago, gerefan said:

I guess because the rules say night clubs, bars, karaoke etc are to remain closed.

If boys were to be seen in underwear it could hardly be classed as a “restaurant”.

We have seen Gogo bars reopen initially with clothed staff before.   You may recall this with Cupidol and very briefly, Nice Boys earlier in the year, at a time when they had actually allowed bars to reopen.