Will7272

Silom bars

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

One bar which was a staple pre-pandemic doesn't seem to be much mentioned lately -- Screw Boys. Has anyone ventured in lately? Is it even open?

Screwboys was closed when I checked several times during the November 21 ~ February 22 period.

Thanks z909 for the update. It's disapponting; we can only hope that in a few months' time, they'll re-open.  There was a period when Screw Boys was well-known for its Vietnamese offerings. If it wants to stick to that formula, it may be having  a harder time than other bars in finding staff while borders remain difficult.

54 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

Thanks z909 for the update. It's disappointing; we can only hope that in a few months' time, they'll re-open. 

One of the original waiters/ mamasans from the very start of Screw Boys in all of it's movements, Lek, was a guest waiter at Connections bar recently for a birthday party.

On 3/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, macaroni21 said:

Thanks z909 for the update. It's disapponting; we can only hope that in a few months' time, they'll re-open.  There was a period when Screw Boys was well-known for its Vietnamese offerings. If it wants to stick to that formula, it may be having  a harder time than other bars in finding staff while borders remain difficult.

My last visit two years ago first time visit at Screw Boys I was very impressed of the young beautiful twinks selection I offed Vietnamese 19 years old he was amazingly smooth , slim , light skin and beautiful .great performer in bed . very sad that this bar is closed .

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

very sad that this bar is closed .

It's no surprise.

1  Gogo bars were not permitted to open during the entire time I was in Thailand (Nov~Feb).  As far as I know, that's still the case.

2  Outside of the "blue" tourist areas, alcohol sales in restaurants and bars were banned during this period.   So that's most of the country.    When I traveled to non blue zone provinces, that was exactly what I saw.   I'm not entirely sure what the current status is, but from the 22 March announcement, there are still 21 Orange zone provinces where alcohol sales were not permitted in any bars & restaurants.

3  Thai government policy is still to discourage inbound travel with daft restrictions that no longer have any rational justification.

So when not legally allowed to open & then facing a shortage of both customers and staff due to travel restrictions, there's no incentive for bars like Screw Boys to open.    

Then if they opened and presented boys in jeans, like other bars in Bangkok, some of the potential customers who actually made it to Thailand would stay away.    As we see with some of the board members here. 

1 hour ago, alwayscamping said:

Most were not really my type. It seems the boys are mostly in their late 20s or 30s...

Dead town.

If you're looking for guys in their early to mid 20's, try Freshboys. If you're looking for guys in their 40's, look in the on-line apps.

Those who've been to BKK during the pandemic generally seem to agree that the town is what you make it. Keep your eyes open and your wits about you and you should have a fine trip.

Don't forget to check out the massage shops and read the trip reports in this forum.

5 hours ago, reader said:

If you're looking for guys in their early to mid 20's, try Freshboys. If you're looking for guys in their 40's, look in the on-line apps.

Those who've been to BKK during the pandemic generally seem to agree that the town is what you make it. Keep your eyes open and your wits about you and you should have a fine trip.

Don't forget to check out the massage shops and read the trip reports in this forum.

Are boys in Freshboys, the skinny twink type?

4 hours ago, paulsf said:

Very noticeable the increase in foot traffic in Patpong every day.    Tourist are coming back.   

I am up in Chiang Mai now and there seems to be loads more tourists here than in Bangkok. Or certainly, more non-asian tourists. My taxi driver from the airport said that things had been noticeably picking up over the last 5-7 days. 

I am back in BKK for a night next week before heading back to the UK. It will be interesting to see if things have improved a bit in the week that I have been away. I have a feeling they night have. 

4 hours ago, paulsf said:

When I was at Freshboys Friday and Saturday there were guys on stage of many different types.  They do tend to be younger, but some skinny on up to Athletic build.  There was someone for everyone. Over 20 on stage on the weekend.    Hot Male surprisingly had a very hot lineup of athletic and light muscle guys.   Over the weekend many boys on stage and customers in the seats.   Then Sunday thru Thursday hits and it quiets down a lot. 
this upcoming weekend should be good . Very noticeable the increase in foot traffic in Patpong every day.    Tourist are coming back.   

Do they still have big cock show and how many boy participated? Looking to visit next week if I managed.

6 hours ago, paulsf said:

When I was at Freshboys Friday and Saturday there were guys on stage of many different types.  They do tend to be younger, but some skinny on up to Athletic build.  There was someone for everyone. Over 20 on stage on the weekend.    Hot Male surprisingly had a very hot lineup of athletic and light muscle guys.   Over the weekend many boys on stage and customers in the seats.   Then Sunday thru Thursday hits and it quiets down a lot. 
this upcoming weekend should be good . Very noticeable the increase in foot traffic in Patpong every day.    Tourist are coming back.   

Thank you. I guess it's better to go down weekends! 

Anyone has any ideas which massage place has Line for me to check their current masseurs to choose from for outcall? 

When a bar (or massage place) has more customers during weekends than weekdays, it usually means that it is drawing mainly local customers, not tourists. Here, by 'local' I mean folks resident in Thailand including expats. In pre pandemic years past, I have not noticed much difference between weekday and weekend traffic. The businesses then were heavily reliant on tourists, not locals.

We will know when tourism has fully revived when weekend/weekday traffic evens out.

Bkk bars and massage places used to have a distinct surge in customers during the major holiday periods of east Asian countries, particularly 1st week May and 1st half Oct, in addition  to Christmas and new year. I wonder if we will see a surge in a month's time (May). If so, it will be a good sign, though personally for me, these are periods I avoid.

• Members
3 hours ago, Milk78 said:

I am up in Chiang Mai now and there seems to be loads more tourists here than in Bangkok. Or certainly, more non-asian tourists. My taxi driver from the airport said that things had been noticeably picking up over the last 5-7 days. 

I am back in BKK for a night next week before heading back to the UK. It will be interesting to see if things have improved a bit in the week that I have been away. I have a feeling they night have. 

Please report back.

57 minutes ago, vinapu said:

yes 

as community service please visit and report what you saw

Oh! Happen to walked past the place earlier. Saw some men working on the lights and at the front entrance. Seems like it is prepping itself to open soon. 

Tawan looks sad. Apparently it's open during the day for massage. But the tout or masseur outside was doing terrible job in calling people in. Lol