Thai Pass

In an argument above I'm more in reader's camp but on another hand I'm afraid Z909  represents prevailing view.

While I find guys in jeans sexy if they don't start undressing slowly but surely distinction between bar and street may be lost. And so will reason to pay 400 baht for 43 baht bottle of beer.

But our view, one of farangs who renewed their drivers license many times may be one of minority. Majority of customers , after covid debacle ends will be likely younger Asians and they may look at things differently.

Entertainment may mean different thing to different people too. As for myself, too loud a music chases me from bar faster than completely dressed twinks, others may run away at the very sight of boys in jeans. Lack of smiles on Jupiter guy's faces is more painful for me  than their bodies covered etc

My preference is more on the variety of the shows provided by the gogo bars, and the bars having the boys that i like. For that purpose, im ok with jeans, but i need them to be at least shirtless so i can see their muscles lol. Usually, pre-covid, these muscle guys are more than happy to show their body, or a quick word with mamasan will do the trick too. 

Of course for the show parts, pre-covid shows line up are great reason for me to pay up that drink/entrance price. Multiple sexy, well-choreographed pieces, big dick shows, jerk off shows, sex shows etc make my minimum one drink 400 baht price worth it for me. That means i still get to see all the goods during shows too if the guy i like is participating. 

On 5/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, 10tazione said:

You forgot one important advantage of bars over apps:

4   You get the boy immediately (ok maybe you have to go back to the hotel). With apps you don't know,

a   whether you will get an answer at all

b   how much time it takes to get an answer, which can be from immediately to several weeks

c   when the boy has time to come to your hotel if at all

d   if he will find your hotel and how many hours he will be late

Good points.  

Unless you know you're chatting to a pro or known lad who is online, my solution to 4a, b & c is to say hello to several lads & possibly have a conversation with more than one of them.    I might fire up Grindr whilst having an afternoon coffee, just to see who is around and may be worth seeing later the same day, or even in a few days time.  Some of them really can plan that far ahead.    

Regarding 4d,  timing, if, for example, we agree to meet as 22:00, I tell him to be on time and say I will only wait until 22:10.   I may show some flexibility, particularly if there's communication about lateness or I know he's got to travel through Bangkok traffic.

Of course, it works the other way too.    I don't know the bars will have suitable boys.   Five or more years ago, when most of my offs were from gogo bars, I'd often visit small gogo bars in Pattaya and find the nicest boys had already been offed.

Of course, there's no right or wrong answer.   We all do what works for us and swap stories on these forums.

Good article, If I may say so:

After reopening, Thailand’s battered tourism struggles to rebuild

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2022/5/16/after-reopening-thailands-battered-tourism-struggles-to-rebuild

QUOTE:

“Tourists are going to go to other countries that have clearer COVID measures,” he said, condemning Thailand’s months-long debate over ending quarantine on entry.

“Everyone knows that if the Thai authorities announce one thing in the morning they will change it by the evening. I think it’ll be a while before tourists feel more confident to return.”

ANOTHER QUOTE:

Despite the banner headlines about reopening, tourism is still far below pre-pandemic levels, when it attracted nearly 40 million people and generated more than $60bn of revenue, accounting for up to a fifth of the kingdom’s gross domestic product.

Last month, forward bookings for 2022 showed Thailand had reached 25 percent of normal levels, compared with 72 per cent and 65 percent each for Singapore and the Philippines, respectively.

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

“Tourists are going to go to other countries that have clearer COVID measures,”

This should be obvious to everyone.  

However, the Junta don't seem to get it and keep fiddling around with daft measures that don't stop any new covid variants, but do discourage tourists.

Just when you thought it was safe to come in again, The Nation is reporting that one public health official (vice-chairman Chalermchai Boonyaleephan) wants Thailand to begin quarantining visitors from Portugal and South Africa due to an emerging variant.

“Thailand should consider quarantining tourists from Portugal and South Africa or at least having them undergo RT-PCR tests to prevent these subvariants from entering the country,” he said.

“The World Health Organisation, however, has not named BA.4 and BA.5 as variants of concern yet,” he added.

Separately, leading virologist Dr Yong Poovorawan said an mRNA booster for people whose first two jabs are inactivated vaccines helps boost immunity against Covid-19 effectively.

“The immunity provided by a Pfizer booster after receiving two Sinovac or Sinopharm jabs is similar to three Pfizer jabs,” he said, citing a study conducted by Chulalongkorn University's Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology, which he heads. He added that this combination should also provide high immunity to children.

On 5/16/2022 at 1:37 PM, macaroni21 said:

ANOTHER QUOTE:

Despite the banner headlines about reopening, tourism is still far below pre-pandemic levels, when it attracted nearly 40 million people and generated more than $60bn of revenue, accounting for up to a fifth of the kingdom’s gross domestic product.

Last month, forward bookings for 2022 showed Thailand had reached 25 percent of normal levels, compared with 72 per cent and 65 percent each for Singapore and the Philippines, respectively.

GIven that China accounted for around 30% if not more of all arrivals in 2019, it's hardly surprising that arrivals in 2022 are way below pre-pandemic levels. What will be interesting is when China does permit overseas tourism again, will the Chinese still consider Thailand as a first choice?

3 hours ago, spoon said:

Immediate approval of thai pass is very welcomed change indeed!!

I would wait at least 2 weeks into June for reports to filter out as to whether what is intended as 'immediate' is in fact immediate. Or would they need to find a Finnish translator to read the Finnish text of the insurance policy to check that it is XXX euros, equivalent to 10,000 $, and that it covers COVID. If so, that is going to take time 😳

10 hours ago, z909 said:

Yes.  Allow 7 days plus a safety margin for the Thai Pass, until it's proven to be always instant.  Why create pre-trip stress ?

Agreed. When I returned to Bangkok at the end of March, I forgot about the Thai Pass until there were only 5 working days left prior to departure. I panicked a bit but managed to get the form in on a Sunday. I was then very surprised that the QR code was returned on the following Wednesday evening. In future I would certainly not leave it anything like so late.

13 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

Just confirming the experience of @somas that I applied today and got my QR code in about 3 hours.

Me too!  It was more or less instantly.  Not different than in Novembar last year.

Been trying to get my Thai Pass. Assembled all documents, vaccination, insurance. Hit problem with uploading my passport : I’ve tried copying it, scanning it a number of times . It keeps being rejected whereas the other documents were ok. Don’t know what I can do. Any ideas ?