Thai Pass

From Thai PBS World

RT-PCR test requirement on arrival in Thailand to remain in place

The RT-PCR COVID-19 test requirement upon arrival in Thailand will remain in place in light of the emergence of the new “Omicron” COVID-19 variant in many countries, the Thai cabinet announced today (Tuesday). This decision negates the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration’s announcement, issued last week, saying that antigen tests will be used from December 16th.

The switch to antigen test kits (ATKs) was meant to reduce the waiting time for people arriving from specified countries, both Thai returnees and foreign visitors. The quarantine wait for fully vaccinated arrivals to get tested has, in fact, been about a day or half a day in a pre-booked certified hotel.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rt-pcr-test-requirement-on-arrival-in-thailand-will-remain-in-place/

From Richard Barrow Twitter site

During the month of November, 337,988 people applied for the Thailand Pass. So far, 268,799 people had their application approved and 41,456 were rejected for various reasons. 138,375 people received automatic approval #Thailand

Arrivals + (people testing positive)

1. US 14,730 (0.14%)

2. Germany 12,099 (0.11%)

3. Netherlands 8,478 (0.08%)

4. UK 6,701 (0.31%)

5. Russia 5,307 (0.38%)

6. Japan 5,146 (0.06%)

7. South Korea 5,003 (0.04%)

8. France 4,741 (0.15%)

9. UAE 4,338 (0.25%)

10. Israel 4,035 (0.05%)

==============================

The Thailand Pass website has just been updated. People can now apply for arrival dates after 15th December. Please note, the RT-PCR test on arrival is still compulsory

The Thailand Pass website has just been updated. People can now apply for arrival dates after 15th December. Please note, the RT-PCR test on arrival is still compulsory.

Apply: https://tp.consular.go.th

FAQ: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2 #Thailand

From Pattaya Mail

Thailand Pass affects post-arrival immigration procedures

By Barry Kenyon

Since the introduction last month of Thailand Pass, around 150,000 foreigners have entered the country by air. A sizeable number of them, perhaps a third, have made a beeline for Pattaya and Jomtien. Most appear to be returning residents or family members, but there are also many European snowbird vacationers fleeing the cold weather in northern Europe.

Chonburi Immigration (amongst other offices) is reminding newly-arrived foreigners that they need to register their address by providing passport details and proof of address under the TM30 regulations. There is no need to do this in person if the hotel or condominium has actually recorded personal details online to the immigration bureau. It is not possible to obtain immigration services, such as a visa extension or a certificate of residence to open a bank account or sell/buy a car, without a TM30 form dated after the last arrival from abroad. Short trips within Thailand itself no longer require re-registration

Foreigners arriving at local immigration this month say they are confused by the situation at land borders. Although there are active plans to reopen Thailand’s borders with Malaysia, Cambodia and Laos, the purpose is to facilitate the transport of goods and to permit open access for workers and market stall holders in border regions. There has not yet been an announcement that foreign tourists, or Thai-based expats, can pass through border posts as sightseers or visa runners.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/thailand-pass-affects-post-arrival-immigration-procedures-382268

3 hours ago, reader said:

Since the introduction last month of Thailand Pass, around 150,000 foreigners have entered the country by air. A sizeable number of them, perhaps a third, have made a beeline for Pattaya and Jomtien. Most appear to be returning residents or family members, but there are also many European snowbird vacationers fleeing the cold weather in northern Europe.

For a country used to receive millions of tourists every month the current entered numbers are almost nothing in comparison.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Good you are trying to cheer us up. 

I wish I could be more optimistic , Unfortunately my plan to pay a visit for the first time Colombia on next March 2022  shattered to piceces due the new Omicron Covid 19 variant.

I hope you're enjoying your current Thailand trip in this dark era.

From Richard Barrow Twitter site

Percentage of positive cases has risen compared to last month Test & Go: 0.08% ~> 0.12% Sandbox: 0.21% ~> 0.23% Quarantine: 0.81% ~> 2.16% 1-30 November: 171 cases 1-14 December: 189 cases

========================

In November, most people flew to #Thailand from USA, Germany, Netherlands, UK and Russia. This month:

Germany - 8,739

UK - 6,818

Russia - 4,549

UAE - 3,966

USA - 3,705

France - 3,702

Sweden - 3,637

Singapore - 3,260

Israel - 3,000

S. Korea - 2,813

If i have listened to @vinapu, my Shifu, i wouldnt have to spend ~ $50 for AXA insurance, ~ $10 for skype and i could have saved multiple visits to thai pass site for status check. now i am having a collection of 3 approved thai pass’es in my hand  

Lesson learned - always listen to Shifu’s here on this forum. 

😍 

Some posters in this forum must think that everyone who is coming to Thailand now must completely regret it.
But I think so far none of us who came regret it. Au contraire! When I landed back home my first thought was I wanna take the next flight and go back to Thailand! When there was a lot of discussion about opening Thailand 2 months ago, I immediately thought Nov+Dec woudl be the best time frame to go even though many things were still closed. Jan 2022 was already to far in the future and now we have to see how Omicron affects further Thai opening plans.

I have no regrets at all about coming to Thailand.

I had a fair idea of what to expect after visiting last winter.  With just one night's quarantine, this time was really easy !

I will say that the trip reports from you guys and seeing some of the nightlife starting to come back to life has improved my hope that my trip in 3 months will still be possible and worthwhile.

I think the Thais made a very good move with implementing the Thailand Pass, I just need to keep my fingers and toes crossed that things don't move backward too much with Omicron.

Question to those who came to Thailand in the last months via Test&Go about the pre-departure covid test:

Did you just have a laboratory result or did you have a separate medical certificate? That "medical certificate" cost me extra 30$ and I want to avoid that cost next time if not really necessary.