ggobkk

Waiting on reports

One of our most distinguished Forum members messaged me yesterday to learn if I might be visiting Thailand in December when he is planning on returning.  I replied that  I was undecided but would most likely not return until I knew more about the situation on the ground, especially about clubs and other venues for meeting the boys/guys/men.

I live on the west coast of the US and finding flight to Thailand is a bit of an issue.  I used to fly via Japan or Taiwan and those are not available at the moment.  I'm also unsure about the insurance as I'm 77 (there it is for all to know) and most of the insurance options pause at 75.

So, a few thing to iron out...what is important, Forum Members, if you are in Thailand or when you return please put a report on the Forum.  The reports and the the updates on individual boys, like b.babe (remember him), were a vital part of the Forum.

I'm assuming that the paperwork will be simplified, though the Thais seem to love paperwork, and I'll find insurance and will show up in early 2022.

15 minutes ago, ggobkk said:

The reports and the the updates on individual boys, like b.babe (remember him), were a vital part of the Forum.

Moonlight is supposed to open on Dec 1 and only then we will see if and how many of their models, including Babe will return. There's always danger that being forced out of bars some boys could find another gainful employment and we will never see them on the stage again

7 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I live on the west coast of the US and finding flight to Thailand is a bit of an issue.  I used to fly via Japan or Taiwan and those are not available at the moment.  I'm also unsure about the insurance as I'm 77 (there it is for all to know) and most of the insurance options pause at 75.

I have read that there is no age limit on the "free" Emirates travel insurance, which is accepted for entry into Thailand.    However, Emirates will cease offering that insurance for reservations made after the end of this month. 

4 hours ago, z909 said:

I have read that there is no age limit on the "free" Emirates travel insurance, which is accepted for entry into Thailand.    However, Emirates will cease offering that insurance for reservations made after the end of this month. 

another 'early bird catches the worm ' case

I got in on good authority from somebody who arrived in Phuket very recently that all admission process is very smooth, results of tests are delivered very fast and it took all of 4 hrs from landing to be free man on the beach already.

Mor Chana app is apparently not working which is even better news.

So it looks that doom peddlers ,  basking in looking at empty half of glass and salivating at  chance to tell us to stay away because nothing is opened and working are not exactly 100% right.

And with good luck we may even get some travel report, long forgotten staple of our forum.

12 hours ago, vinapu said:

I got in on good authority from somebody who arrived in Phuket very recently that all admission process is very smooth, results of tests are delivered very fast and it took all of 4 hrs from landing to be free man on the beach already.

Testing at the airport makes sense, since the clock only starts ticking when the test is done. Unfortunately, I just read in Phuket News that the Airport is asking to relocate the testing because they expect an increase of arrivals and "There will be congestion in the terminal building and we will be unable to increase the capacity to accommodate future tourists".

5 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Testing at the airport makes sense, since the clock only starts ticking when the test is done. Unfortunately, I just read in Phuket News that the Airport is asking to relocate the testing because they expect an increase of arrivals and "There will be congestion in the terminal building and we will be unable to increase the capacity to accommodate future tourists".

and it makes sense, recently upon return to my hometown I was randomly selected for a test in the airport. It went very smoothly but while waiting at moments I felt uneasy with people congregating in the line too close to each other

On 11/12/2021 at 7:08 AM, vinapu said:

The problem is not with arriving to Thailand but the complicated process to get the Thai pass to enter the country ,at the YouTube video below arriving to Thailand was smooth and easy but it took them nerve-racking weeks to receive the Thai pass .

35 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

The problem is not with arriving to Thailand but the complicated process to get the Thai pass to enter the country ,at the YouTube video below arriving to Thailand was smooth and easy but it took them nerve-racking weeks to receive the Thai pass .

The Thai pass is no reason at all to dismiss traveling to Thailand.   

You need to upload 5 documents, in jpeg format and the authorities say the application will be processed within 7 working days.    Some are instant and some take 5~6 days.

Anyone prepared to apply for the pass 14 or more days in advance of the travel has very little to worry about.   Apply, then if nothing arrives within 7 days, contact them immediately.

There are a few who carelessly booked flights within the first 7 days of the new regime and a very small proportion of those missed flights.   However, anyone who reads this kind of thread will know much better than to be first to try something new from the Thai authorities.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

You need to upload 5 documents, in jpeg format and the authorities say the application will be processed within 7 working days.    Some are instant and some take 5~6 days.

This "easy process" and a night quarantine on arrival is a turn off for most potential tourists.

53 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

This "easy process" and a night quarantine on arrival is a turn off for most potential tourists.

The advantage of that is those of us who do decide to go to Thailand can get some great hotel rates, probably find plenty of space on the planes AND enjoy many attractions without crowding. 

It's not my problem if the process turns off most tourists.   That's a problem for the Thai economy and the people who rely on tourism.   I have some sympathy for the Thai people, but solving the governance issue is their responsibility, not mine.   Board rules prevent me from saying more.   

21 minutes ago, z909 said:

The advantage of that is those of us who do decide to go to Thailand can get some great hotel rates, probably find plenty of space on the planes AND enjoy many attractions without crowding. 

It's not my problem if the process turns off most tourists.   That's a problem for the Thai economy and the people who rely on tourism.   I have some sympathy for the Thai people, but solving the governance issue is their responsibility, not mine.   Board rules prevent me from saying more.  

I agree but another turn off is the closure of entertainment venues till mid of January ( and in my opinion it will be longer than that because the current Thai government is determined to change the Thai int'l image to family friendly destination) I love Thailand and pay many visits over the past twenty years but the current situation and restrictions is making me wonder if it is still the land of smiles I used to love and cherish ?

2 hours ago, Boy69 said:

the current situation and restrictions is making me wonder if it is still the land of smiles I used to love and cherish ?

Probably not.

However, in 2021, the decision is all about choosing the best holiday options in 2021.   

What was available in 2019, 2006, or whatever year you choose to think of doesn't matter.    I make decisions looking forward. 

7 hours ago, Boy69 said:

....the current situation and restrictions is making me wonder if it is still the land of smiles I used to love and cherish ?

ChaoPraya rives still flows her course to the sea and War Arun stands where it was before. I even venture that chicken with cashew nuts tastes still great and so does Singha beer. 

What is missing are bars and guys IN them but that doesn't mean all willing and handsome guy evaporated all of the sudden. They may be now on other side of bar door

2 hours ago, 10tazione said:

100 % correct for me!!!

Even though holiday preparation was a pain and did'nt exactly go like planned (applied for COE, but embassy after long wait decided to decline and told me to reapply for Thailand Pass, so I have basically been forced to apply on the first day possible), I always had in my mind using the chance of seeing Thailand as long as there is only a low number of turists and famous sights are not totally overcrowded which under normal circumstances isnt possible anymore.

Hotels are embarrassingly cheap, I am having the huge pool for me alone, and very soon I will be heading off to one of the beautiful southern islands with an adorable cute boy I met in an open massage shop (could be right out of a BL series).

As Vinapu already announced, more details to come - but holiday comes first.

Great !

Send us travel report and your experience with the your companion adorable boy .

Dear Husband and I, here in a gloomy Vancouver November, got our Thailand Passes approved without much trouble; we just followed the directions.  I also got my 3 month visa approved, again not much trouble.  Four days start to finish for all of this.  Yes, we will have to stay one night in a quarantine hotel, so we will see how that goes.  But it is not a huge turnoff to me, just a bit of extra expense.  

So we arrive late on November 29th, and will let you all know how it goes. We are hoping to travel freely in LOS by the end of the day on the 30th.  Very much looking forward to seeing his family and various acquaintances and friends we haven’t seen for two years.

55 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

As for taking a boy to the islands, that didnt turn out as planned; I am not sure what the problem was, but in the end he didnt want to leave his shop/friends and came up with different excuses why he couldnt go. The best one of was "I think I have Covid" ... is this the new "buffalo died"?

So typical to Thai  boys they are moody and unreliable ,Too bad it didn't turn the way you wanted traveling with him.

Keep us updated .