Gay Valentine Party on 14th Feb 2009

Where: Yangon's first gay friendly club, 'San Francisco DJ Club'

Time: 11pm till 2am

Place: San Francisco DJ Club next to TARMWAY PLAZA

DRESS CODE: WHITE

TICKET: K 5000 - INCLUSIVE 1 BEER OR SOFT DRINK

MUSIC: RETRO 70s & 80s

TEL: 01-725615 (After 8pm)

I wonder how long the generals will allow this club to remain open.

As long as it make money it will be open for a long time. Almost all new businesses, hotels, bars, etc. have someone in the military as a partner. These SOBs do not have a moral agenda, anymore then they care about the welfare of the people of Myanmar. All they care about is lining their own pockets.

As long as it make money it will be open for a long time. Almost all new businesses, hotels, bars, etc. have someone in the military as a partner. These SOBs do not have a moral agenda, anymore then they care about the welfare of the people of Myanmar. All they care about is lining their own pockets.

Sounds like you are talking about Thailand???

"I wonder how long the generals will allow this club to remain open."

This is a good question. Notice they said "gay friendly", meaning a party for all. There are many night clubs in Yangon, mostly open in upscale hotels, that are "gay friendly", especially on the weekend. They have been opened for 10 to 12 years. There you see straights, lady boys, and gays.

The guys I know going to this Valentine Party are all college students or have finished. All except one are Burmese, not members of any of the other ethnic groups in Myanmar, and many of them have some family connection with members of the government.

Guest fountainhall
The guys I know going to this Valentine Party are all college students or have finished.

Wow, sounds more interesting. Know anyone who's going Nikom? If so, could they take and post some photos????

fountainhall, apparently they have been told, "NO cameras or mobile pic"! I did check on this but this has been the policy at other 'gatherings' in Yangon. There was a big gay party at a small lounge in the Dagon Center on January 30th. The crowd was overflowing and the manager was so happy that he invited them all back! My friends ran into boys they had gone to school with and never knew their 'true feelings". One guy in the group found that his next door neighbor was there!

The party at the San Francisco DJ Club is being sponsored by a resident of Yangon but he is from Singapore. Rich fellow! Some of the guys don't like him. Whey you ask why they say, "Chinese"! The Chinese are not liked because they have so much control in the country. Not from the residents but from the country of China.

Just to let everyone know that the Valentine Party at the San Francisco club was a great success. There was a private party there in the early evening then later open for everyone. It was packed!

Another club that was packed that night was Channel V but I don't yet know where it is. Just somewhere near the University. Most of my friends went to Channel and did not get home until 3:30 am!

Every time some guy writes from Myanmar he expresses surprise that there are so many gay boys in the city. The interent has really opened the gate!