Arriving in Thailand

London Thiefrow
All documents checked at check in, including those which were required for the Thai pass, so this is a duplication of work.  40 minutes check in queue.

Dubai
Thai pass and a couple of extra docs checked.

Bangkok
Very efficient arrivals process, as last year.
Chairs are provided, so sit down on one near the front and one of the staff advises which docs are needed. These are: Passport, Thai pass, RT-PCR test, BOARDING PASS (so don't lose it !) and the TM6.  So no duplicate checks of items required to get the Thai pass. Then proceed to the checking area.  After that, proceed to immigration.  I handed over the e-visa with the passport and was stamped in for 90 days.
Wait for luggage.
Proceed through customs then all the hotel stands are outside.  One of the fixers calls the SHA taxi. They photographed me in the taxi and I was on my way just 45 minutes after landing.   
The taxi drove me direct to a check in and COVID test area in the hotel multi-storey car park.   90 minutes after the plane landed, I had been tested and was in the room (Bangkok, obviously). They informed me the test result would be at around 8:00 am, so much better than the 14:00 previously explained. Actually got it at  8:15.  Passed ☺️
Out of my 17.5 hours of confinement, I must have slept for 12 hours, possibly aided by this being the first day of the year with zero caffeine consumption.

Other observations
The Emirates Airbus A380 economy seat was far superior to the Boeing 777 seat.   The former was comfortable and had enough legroom.  The 777 seat lacked back support and the knees were in contact with a steel bar on the pocket of the seat in front.   Prior to 2020 and 2021, I had been using EVA premium economy and I hope they resume this service before the next trip.

Tips
1 This is easy, so don't fret
2 Print 2 copies of every document and file separately, so you don't have to worry about losing one.
3 KEEP THE BOARDING PASS.

I see that insurance details were not asked? Im trying to determine whether i should get a separate insurance or ask my current insurance for the policy details if i ever made the leap to travel lol

1 hour ago, z909 said:

These are: Passport, Thai pass, RT-PCR test, BOARDING PASS (so don't lose it !) and the TM6. 

1 hour ago, spoon said:

I see that insurance details were not asked? Im trying to determine whether i should get a separate insurance or ask my current insurance for the policy details if i ever made the leap to travel lol

Insurance is checked when you apply for the Thai Pass, so no need to check again. 

So if you apply for the pass well in advance, nothing is risked by trying any insurance you think would meet the requirements. If they won't take it, apply again with something certain to be approved.

Thanks, Z, krap khun duay and have a very, very nice stay after having to wait for this so long.+sanuk a lot too. So I reckon you arrived at around 5/6.00 morning?

1 minor Q still: did your own health policy give the amounts that are stated, like MIN 50k or just like ´unlimited´?

Looking forward to your assessment of current situation.

Actually how you describe it looks most similar to what is promised for after 16/12-only quick test after arrival and bound in a hotel for 24 hrs.

Hmm we leave tomorrow and I wasn’t aware of the TM6.  We certainly have everything else, including my 3 month visa, approved, and the Thai pass. I will look up the TM6.

Confusing as always, as it seems from this site that the TM6 is included in the Thai pass.  

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/posts/according-to-the-ease-of-travelling-policy-a-thailand-pass-system-will-be-adopte/4726655164024527/

Thanks for posting!

Oh THAT TM6 form!  All OK now. Maybe this will be useful to others, or maybe I’m just my usual nervous dizzy self the day before traveling. 

See you there! 

“TM 6 immigration form is a form required to be filled by foreign nationals entering Thailand to be submitted to the Thai immigration checkpoint at the airport you arrived at in Thailand.

The TM 6 form can only be obtained once you are inside the plane during all international flights to Thailand. It will be handed over by the airline crew or staff for you to fill it.

If you have not received the TM 6 form while on the plane, you can obtain this at the table located before the Thai immigration checkpoint at the airport.”

Took my lateral flow test today and e-mailed a picture of the result to my ASQ hotel, as required.   It was always going to be a pass, but it was pleasing to have an genuine pass!

I was slightly surprised to see no QR code on the case, so no obvious method of proving it was my kit.

Yesterday I enjoyed a very high quality massage at the place just along Surawong from The Tarntawan. The one where the staff wear orange shirts.  This might have been my first visit here, but with a lot of massage shops closed, it looked like a good option. 

There are still quite a few massage shops just down the road from The Quarter towards The Nantra.

9 minutes ago, z909 said:

Yesterday I enjoyed a very high quality massage at the place just along Surawong from The Tarntawan. The one where the staff wear orange shirts. 

That's "Green Massage" - indeed massage is not only great but in addition the Burmese "Boys" are cute. They have girls too, but you can say you prefer a boy.

2 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Where does that requirement come from?

All "test and go" people have to do a lateral flow test after one week.  This is mentioned in most of the explanation documents

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

I don't even know what lateral test is.

Mine had an extensive instruction leaflet in Thai only, so good luck !  

I just did the same as with the tests I used at home. The pattern was very messy, but eventually it cleared to one line.

40 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

It would be helpful if people who post advice on requirements for entry were those who have actually done it (enter Thailand very recently)

Those who are paying attention will note the advice is mainly from two people who have entered Thailand recently.

After 4 nights in the Baan Silom, I moved to the Siri Sathorn.

Advantages included a much larger room, with better facilities in almost all respects, plus a gym and sauna.  The main drawback was terrible sound proofing from the adjacent room.  You can hear almost everything !   Like both sides of phone conversations, shagging etc. .

Of course there are no problems with joiners.  

On the subject of joiners, I guess the compulsory mask rule is ideal for those who discretely do prostitution as a sideline.  They are much less likely to be spotted if wearing a mask until in the bedroom.  The best was a handsome young University student.

On 12/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, z909 said:

All "test and go" people have to do a lateral flow test after one week.  This is mentioned in most of the explanation documents

I meant the part "and emailed a picture of the result to the sha hotel". I thought we were supposed to upload it on Mor Chana app which I couldnt since I couldn't even register without an error message.

58 minutes ago, 10tazione said:

I meant the part "and emailed a picture of the result to the sha hotel". I thought we were supposed to upload it on Mor Chana app which I couldnt since I couldn't even register without an error message.

Sorry.   I misunderstood your comment.  I had the same understanding about using the app as you before the trip. However, I was given clear instructions to e-mail the result to the hotel and gladly did so.