vinapu

Third time lucky - December 2021 trip to Thailand in covid time

I'd not say it it typical but , yes happens from time to time. But for my private use I think you are right, girl / very pretty , I saw picture on  his Line/  got involved and had her say.  Not my loss though as I found suitable local  substitute as we learn  at some point  in the narrative.

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

I left   for an airport to take Pattaya bus from there as it’s more convenient  than Ekkamai one , chiefly because it avoids Bangkok traffic  and in last few trips I always take it  either way regardless if I stay in Boyztown or Jomtien Complex.

It’s easier to get  baht bus from and to Jomtien  than one from and to North Pattaya bus station.

The last time I took the bus to Pattaya Northern Bus station, I was quoted 200 Baht for the Baht bus, whilst the nearby Thais were quoted 30 Baht.  Which they also didn't like.

I obviously didn't take up that offer, on principle !  I haven't used that bus station for years.

The superior airport bus usually departs on time and goes direct to Pattaya with no extra stops before Sukhumvit, Pattaya.

About 10 years ago, there were also reports of the local mafia in brown doing shakedowns of farang at Ekkamai.  Searching their luggage and collecting tea money for any drugs that theoretically need a prescription in Thailand.

11 minutes ago, z909 said:

The last time I took the bus to Pattaya Northern Bus station, I was quoted 200 Baht for the Baht bus, whilst the nearby Thais were quoted 30 Baht.  Which they also didn't like.

I obviously didn't take up that offer, on principle !  I haven't used that bus station for years.

The superior airport bus usually departs on time and goes direct to Pattaya with no extra stops before Sukhumvit, Pattaya.

About 10 years ago, there were also reports of the local mafia in brown doing shakedowns of farang at Ekkamai.  Searching their luggage and collecting tea money for any drugs that theoretically need a prescription in Thailand.

Yesterday I watched a youtube video on a trip (recent) to Kanchanburi and part of the trip consists of a slow train where the locals were charged for 3 baht while 100 baht for foreigners.

5 hours ago, z909 said:

I never had any problems with Ekkamai station or busses but simply use airport one because it's more convenient to get to and from and faster. In normal times advantage of Ekkamai buses is that they are much more frequent so one is guaranteed departure soon while airport buses sometimes are full and wait for next one is much longer.

At Pattaya end  there are baht busses waiting and one can be delivered to Boyztown / Walking Street / Sunee are for 50 baht but sometimes wait is involved for baht bus to file up. Using regular baht bus is cheaper but requires change of buses at Dolphin roundabout , not convenient with a lot of luggage. Not my problem as I travel lightly.

When alighting at Jomtien from airport busses it's every easy to get baht bus to Pattaya for 10 baht. Before getting to Jomtien bus also stops at three stops in Pattaya along Sukhumvit where handy motorsai drivers are waiting to deliver passengers to final destination.

For most of us all this is well known and repetitive but  I typed it for benefit of possible new readers/ members.

5 hours ago, starbum said:

Yesterday I watched a youtube video on a trip (recent) to Kanchanburi and part of the trip consists of a slow train where the locals were charged for 3 baht while 100 baht for foreigners.

Dual pricing is fact of live in Thailand and many other countries which is unfortunate but still makes sense  in my opinion.

For most foreigners able to afford  trip to Thailand 100 baht is cost of local bus ticket where they live (90 baht where I live but as senior I pay  60 only ) while for many Thais 100 baht is princely sum buying not one but two meals on the street. Watch that smile when you tip somebody red note. 

Grind your teeth and pay.

In Grand Palace Thais have it for free while we pay 500, again not fair but fair. Hard to imagine charging locals to enter what is one of most important religious buildings in the country. 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

I never had any problems with Ekkamai station or busses but simply use airport one because it's more convenient to get to and from and faster. In normal times advantage of Ekkamai buses is that they are much more frequent so one is guaranteed departure soon while airport buses sometimes are full and wait for next one is much longer.

At Pattaya end  there are baht busses waiting and one can be delivered to Boyztown / Walking Street / Sunee are for 50 baht but sometimes wait is involved for baht bus to file up. Using regular baht bus is cheaper but requires change of buses at Dolphin roundabout , not convenient with a lot of luggage. Not my problem as I travel lightly.

When alighting at Jomtien from airport busses it's every easy to get baht bus to Pattaya for 10 baht. Before getting to Jomtien bus also stops at three stops in Pattaya along Sukhumvit where handy motorsai drivers are waiting to deliver passengers to final destination.

For most of us all this is well known and repetitive but  I typed it for benefit of possible new readers/ members.

to which I'd add my recommendation of the Bell Travel Service buses. Online booking only; Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya North nonstop, and the 300B fare includes minibus transfer to/from your hotel anywhere in Pattaya or Jomtien. Or for 400B you can get a bus BangNa-Pattaya with hotel transfers at both ends. For first-time visitors it avoids baht bus mafia, being dropped in the dark on unknown Sukhumvit urban jungle, and the hazards of motosai.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

liked his face , conversational English acquired from YouTube university by his own admission, quite muscular, certainly notch above twink. So we settled on length of meeting and compensation and after breakfast we  marched in the room . My first ever apps experience turned out very enjoyable at least when ‘in the room’ part was concerned. Now I started to understand why some member swear by apps. Boys available at any time, no drinks and bar fees, easy deal.

I like the word "compensation" give  your session with him more charity impression then commercial one 🤗

Yes the app are very convenient and easy but there's always a risk that the boy who turned up is not what he claimed to be but it never happened to me my experience is very good with app's boys.

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Turned out yes and no. Soon after  he left I start being bombarded with inquiry about when our next meeting will be , long time   offer / request.

I suspect that you gave him generous "compensation" so he become greedy and wanted repit sessions or because there is almost no tourists at the moment lack of money made him to become pushy. It happened to me before and if I didn't want a repit with the boy I just ignored his messages eventually they got the hint and stopped.

If its clear that there will be no repeat, its easy to block. But if its not so clear, or if your really like the guy but the pestering turn u off, then its a tough call indeed. If i really want a repeat but dont like the constant messaging, id probably ignore until i want to try again, or told him when is the next meet, but also make it clear i do not like him constantly messaging me. Sometimes, the second meet might proof to be better as the guy appreciate the repeat. Then, if the pestering still happen, time to block.

4 hours ago, spoon said:

If its clear that there will be no repeat, its easy to block. But if its not so clear, or if your really like the guy but the pestering turn u off, then its a tough call indeed. If i really want a repeat but dont like the constant messaging, id probably ignore until i want to try again, or told him when is the next meet, but also make it clear i do not like him constantly messaging me. Sometimes, the second meet might proof to be better as the guy appreciate the repeat. Then, if the pestering still happen, time to block.

I never blocked a boy I met because I am afraid he will be offended if I don't want a repeat with him I just ignore his messages eventually he will stop . I do block pushy boys that are not my taste and there is no chance I will agree to meet them.

I don't have a problem with taxation funded palaces charging only foreigners.

However, I dislike the principle of baht buses at the Northern Bus station trying to charge me 6x the price, when their costs are the same.  However, this is also not a problem, since I can choose to avoid that bus station and use the far superior Airport bus service.  Then pay the same as the Thais on one of the regulated Baht bus routes.

I'm also unimpressed by malpractice that affects both locals and Farang.  Such as the 30 Baht fares in Chiang Mai, when it is between 8 and 12 Baht in most cities.   The 30 Baht doesn't bother me, as I can afford it and actually walk almost everywhere anyway.  60 Baht to and from work would be painful for someone on a low wage.

Or in places like Laos, towns like Paakse have closed their central bus station.  Everyone now has to get off about 5 miles out of town and takes a songthaew that costs almost as much as the long distance bus.  Everyone was paying the same, but it's still a scam.