vinapu

Third time lucky - December 2021 trip to Thailand in covid time

3 hours ago, Boy69 said:

It's hard to believe that it will reopen this bar was bleeding to death even before the Covid.

I was in Adams Apple back in January 2020 and at the time, it had quite a few customers.   Perhaps I happened to go in on a busy day.  

At the time, it was the only Chiang Mai bar with a proper boys in underwear gogo offering.    However, with no twinks, it's not really my scene. 

I've been to Adams Apple many times over the years and from memory, it has always been well patronised.

If it opens I'd be tempted to take a trip. I don't  know where I'd stay though, as I believe the Lotus hotel the road has closed.

Dating back to my first visit, back in the late nineties, AA was always the only true go go bar in CM.

Very good it was too....at least fifty dancers, the majority being twinks. And a cute audience  , many of them students from CMU, added to the enjoyment. 

I remember trying the other local bars and remained unimpressed.

11 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Dating back to my first visit, back in the late nineties, AA was always the only true go go bar in CM.

Very good it was too....at least fifty dancers, the majority being twinks. And a cute audience  , many of them students from CMU, added to the enjoyment. 

I remember trying the other local bars and remained unimpressed.

Before 2020, my previous visit to Chiang Mai would have been 2009.  New My Way was OK then and I had at least one off from there.   Now they just seem to have shows.

I don't expect to visit Chiang Mai again for quite some time.    I might pass through on the way to somewhere else for general tourism purposes, but the gay scene certainly isn't enough to draw me back.

After Covid, there is a backlog of other countries I also want to visit.

1 hour ago, a-447 said:

If it opens I'd be tempted to take a trip. I don't  know where I'd stay though, as I believe the Lotus hotel the road has closed.

In December Lotus looked closed for good, I stay in Viangbua Mansion on the same road, perhaps 150 m from Adam,s Apple, excellent hotel. 

I loved Lotus. Its location in a residential part of CM was (for me) unique. Not to mention being a few metres away from AA.  Pity about the availability of transport but back in those far-off days, I used to hire a car. P won't allow me to now!

By the way, does anyone recall the owner  Mohammed's gay dog?  it had a close (sic) relationship with the pooch from a shop across the soi.  Really! one evening I watched them enjoying  themselves while I drank my Singha at the Garden Bar. 

I wonder what David Attenborough would say?