vinapu

Third time lucky - December 2021 trip to Thailand in covid time

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

In Swampy I bought SIM card

Hello Vinapu - great trip report.  Reminds me of old times.

May I ask, was it easy to buy SIM card at the airport with the Test & GO.  If you are to be quarantined - do they mind if you are shopping for a SIM card?   If I am going to be quarantined a SIM card purchase is essential for the quarantine period.

Thanks,

M.

1 hour ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

If I am going to be quarantined a SIM card purchase is essential for the quarantine period.

The hotel WiFi is usually good for phone dating apps, Line etc.   So even though I had my SIM alive from the previous trip, I didn't really need it until I left the hotel.

2 hours ago, bkkmfj2648 said:

May I ask, was it easy to buy SIM card at the airport with the Test & GO. 

yes it was, there was Dtac booth just past luggage collection area before you entered area where hotels were collecting you. I did not notice any other booths nor I was looking for them. Possibly they were

Ladies staffing booth were very efficient and my new SIm was installed before I could even say  "Hail Mary , full of grace" with old card neatly scotch taped to SIM card carrier.

My last 2 stays at Raya was the same room on the 5th floor, not really a problem but I did prefer the room I had on my first stay on the upper floor.  Nice report on Sanctuary Spa, it's on my must visit list when I get back there. Thanks for mentioning XOne as it seems my usual money exchange (The Richy at Sala Daeng BTS, always got a very good rate there) has closed down like other businesses.

2 hours ago, TMax said:

Thanks for mentioning XOne as it seems my usual money exchange (The Richy at Sala Daeng BTS, always got a very good rate there) has closed down like other businesses.

The Super Rich near the KFC had gone even before COVID.  The newer one inside Silom Complex has also gone now.  However the branch on Silom Rs near Chong Nonsi is still operational. 

I've not changed cash for about 3 years as I now use TransferWise.

3 hours ago, ichigo said:

I loved the Raya when I last stayed there, however I absolutely hated crossing Surawong road! When I eventually get to Bangkok again, I will stay on the other side of the road! 😅

you are kidding ! Whenever I need an adrenaline boost I cross Suriwong diagonally at any place. And after 2am on Sunday until 8am is pretty quiet so you can do your warm-up training then

32 minutes ago, a-447 said:

Vinapu, buying drinks for the guys and partying with them is exactly what I used to do at Golden Cock. 

Vinapu, have you dropped into Natureboys to see what's happening? For those of us who like hunky masculine guys, both GC and NB were the places to be.

Beauty  of party we threw at Sabaidee was that it was of social, not sexual nature, there were few  naked torsos but that's about it. And probably more about food than drinks, it's why I was able to walk (singing,  singing ) all that distance to Raya.

I doubt I'd be interested in kind of party you described, nothing wrong with hand or mouth on appendage but I kind of like it behind the closed door with boy or two and me,  not whole congregation. But it's just me.

Yes I learned a lot about their lives and that's why I liked it so much.

Golden Cock site looks like abandoned , I passed by several times  by Nature Boys but it was day time   and never visited it this trip so can't help with information whether they were opened and what was going on there . Super A looks closed for good too.

Somehow from few visits there  in the past I rather see boys from those three bars as next door types rather than hunky masculine but I admit my statistic sample in their respect is limited, probably 6 visits between those 3 bars over 21 trips.

Nature Boys used to have some slim twinky guys, but this is quite a few years ago.  The last time I actually offed one, I was staying at the Om Yim.  A major attraction was those little aprons that they wore, but those went several years ago.

I would visit Super A about once every couple of years.

I've briefly stepped inside Golden Cock about 3 times and would think that adds up to less than 60 seconds total time spent in there.  Not my type of guys.

7 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Did you check if the Ambiance opposite Copa is opened ?

3 nights at the Agate for 3800 is a great deal less than half price from their usual rates on high season , Does it include breakfast ?

Ambiance was closed both times I was in Pattaya although in my 2nd stint there closer to Christmas Copa seemed opened already. With idiots in charge of Pattaya - see restaurant thread , situation may change from day to day. We saw that rollercoaster with Jomtien Complex and Boyztown bars, one day opened , next closed and so on.

No breakfast at Agate as there were too few customers to bother but there are good option nearby for breakfast - Dicks, French restaurant in the corner or Zing where breakfast is available, actually pretty sumptuous one for 160-200 baht depending on selection.

6 hours ago, faceStuttgart said:

@vinapu

Nice to read your reports regulary. 
Do you pay for T anything else besides hotel, food, drinks, transport? If so, how much per day?

As you will learn  in next installment ( be patient , I post next day only after following day is written i.e. day 6 will be posted after I have day 7 ready, this allows for possible day of being too busy to write ) that T bailed on me and did not go with me to Pattaya. 

In previous cases when i took boy with me I paid them LT rate2000-3000. Usually i give them 200-300 daily stipend for incidental drinks or snacks so they don't need to  ask me for money every time they want to have a can of coke . It's my secret that had T decided to go , his tip would be much higher due to my hots for him. His loss I guess

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

As you will learn  in next installment ( be patient , I post next day only after following day is written i.e. day 6 will be posted after I have day 7 ready, this allows for possible day of being too busy to write ) that T bailed on me and did not go with me to Pattaya. 

Typically to Thai boys not to keep their promises or maybe his girlfriend became jealous and didn't allow him to go ?