vinapu

Third time lucky - December 2021 trip to Thailand in covid time

Oh, I am just catching up, great read, so nice of you to keep us so well informed! And the remembrances by those pictures too..........

Just to add a tiny off-the-side remark:

train to Kan-the fare for Thai is 0 bt (yes, you read that), as its a normal all-stops train. The normal SRT fare should be/3d cl, the only class there is=hard wooden seats, 28 bt (a little over 40 to the end at ´waterfall´, as its just over 100 KM. Not raised since this century. BUT due to popularity with farang-and all guidebooks, it was raised to 100 bt-any distance, for whiteys. Malays usually can get the normal Thai fare. The 0 bt is now restricted to poor Thai with their blue card-as are all other allstops trains, but other Thai wont take that train for convenience-buses go ev 10/15 mins. 3 bt was never AFAIK a normal fare.

ChMai was for me also on very first trip-again way before 2000-at that time there was a fledging citybussystem, price 2 bt. Last time I was there there was a new govmt sponsored citybus-2 lines I think, with shiny new chinese AC minibuses, for 20/30 bt, as a great innovation running to airprot. I guess it has been suspended since. Your remarks about still good business there will probably indicate it has enough local clients to survive on.

JEY was for me also a big favorite and its sad to read they moved to lesser premises and have much fewer guys as before. But good for the note, so come prepared whenever I get the chance to back to BKK without a lot of fuss. JEY is (was?) also the guy who ran it-he has worked there a really very long time ago and he discarded the VNese after too many complaints and gives new guys a thorough training in skills. Had 2 guys with same name there a few yrs apart-turned out it was younger brother introduced to there when phee-chai (=older brother) stopped working and got married. Nong chai (=younger brother) was heavily tattooed. Once had a southern Thai muslim guy who was utterly surprised and suddenly liked me 3x times more as we discovered we could communicate in bahasa=near equal to their local dialect. His thai was less as perfect.

11 hours ago, Boy69 said:

You are right we must protect privacy of the boys ,I don't think the boys will be happy to see their pictures all over this thread , Moreover it's not others business to know who we met in private. 

I agree but my reason is bit different. I don't want to do to others what I wouldn't appreciate if done to myself.

Few years ago I recommended  to one of our members masseur from BBB Inn. As reward boy in question showed him pictures of some of his customers including me. None  of those were compromising ( mine was taken on stairs fully dressed ) but still ...

But main reason I don't take a pictures is more prosaic - I'm just to lazy for that and when with a guy , thinking about pictures is least of my priorities.

11 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Nice to hear that Zing is open and that you found it confortable.  I used to like the useful size pool where I often relaxed with my boyfriends du jour.

Interesting that you took the airport bus to Jomtien where the terminus is close to the Complex and the Zing hotel. I remember pulling my bag along the uneven pavement from the bus after the long 24 hour journey from home but happy to have arrived. For me the bus is good and a lot safer than in the high speed taxis weaving about in the traffic.

It was my 4th or 5th time there at Zing and I consider it extremely good value place. Not fancy but comfortable and discreet and amazingly quiet considering it's busy location.

This trip it had distinction of being only hotel out of I guess 12 I was staying which checked my vaccination status and collected ID from my visiting guest  (at day time, but not at night where one by passes reception anyways  ) but those exception are hardly problem.

Airport bus is great as means to get to and from Bangkok, not only airport and I keep repeating it as few times I was told that idea of using it just to get to Bangkok proper never crossed people's mind , so entrenched is allure of ' airport ' bus they we tend not to think outside the box, in this case Swampy. The same in Bangkok where one can use Chiang Mai train to get to DonMuang airport from Hualampong  ( before it closes for good )

What is striking me again and again is how good memory Thai people have they can remember exactly who you are and what you did things that I forgot long time ago, the most shocking  after couple of years returning to one of the restaurants at Pattaya beach the lady there recognised me and remember exactly what I like to order for breakfast.realy amazing.

I think it'd not unique to Thais, it's general skill of   people used to work with many others , mostly in service sector but also doctors , teachers etc. At work I usually see clients once a year and sometimes when they show up I'm surprised myself how much I remember about them including lady who suspects her dog is a gay.

10 hours ago, ggobkk said:

I think it is appropriate after so many daily reports to pause, relish Vinapu's ability to put us in the heart of things, and be grateful for his reminding us that what he was enjoying is exactly what we remember and look forward to soon.

Thanks.

PS Nice to know  you joined the ranks for farangs who are supportive shoppers and phone buyers.

thank you for undeserved praise, I'm just trying to write prescription for fun filled vacation.

As for phone and general spending I came with plan to be bit more generous and supportive than usual understanding how hard times are for guys and working class population and since financially covid time was good to me  only thing I could do was to share spoils with those who deserved it.

4 hours ago, pong2 said:

JEY was for me also a big favorite and its sad to read they moved to lesser premises and have much fewer guys as before.

Jey Spa has many guys listed but not to many on premises , perhaps due to covid restrictions . Even mamasan suggested to book an appointment but I was happy with guy I got  and easily can have repeat with him. It's just 10 minutes walk from nearest BTS Phnom Prong

37 minutes ago, vinapu said:

There were few  boys at Nice Boys , mostly eating and drinking in the corners , few pretending to rotate on the stage were deep in their smartphones and even if few looked quite attractive it was impossible to even make an eye contact. Nobody seemed to pay any attention to us  nor to few other customers who popped in from time to time . Certainly it was my first in any Thai bar ever to feel completely ignored , even  when we wanted a check it required loud  scream “can we get a check please” because earlier signals were completely ignored.

You are not the first one with bad experience at Nice(?) Boys . I really don't understand the business model of this bar most of the boys are freelance there doing whatever they want except trying to attract client for their service so why they bother to come is beyond me, bad service from the staff is not appealing either , many comments of whom off boys from this bar got very bad service boys who want to take as much tip from you and giving the minimum in return and what they really want is to  get away as fast  as they can from your room .

it's a miracle that the bar is still existing.

I think the guys turn up each night to be with each other, not with farang. They are there to hang out with their friends and enjoy each other's company. They obviously don't need the money. Then again, they can survive on a lot less money than we can.

I'm just surprised the management allows such behaviour. Presumably they are still paying rent and need to at least cover costs. Maybe it's one of those places which the owner runs as a hobby and is not worried about making money. Like Natureboys and Golden Cock in Bangkok.

As the boys are all straight it comes as no surprise that they want to get the deed over asap.

Has anyone complained to the manager or owner?

16 minutes ago, a-447 said:

Has anyone complained to the manager or owner?

Rather than complain, I'm simply not going in Nice Boys again for the duration of this trip.  It's never been my favourite gogo bar anyway.

Quite a few people arrived and left quickly whilst we were in there,  so I doubt they were impressed either.

You are not the first one with bad experience at Nice(?) Boys

Perhaps but for me it was and probably still is the best bar in Sunee. I had good time there quite a few times before so I'm not chalking them off believing in power of redemption. Yes experience this trip was very bad but reason could be that shortly after re-opening guys were rather happy with their own company and clearly not interested in ours.

Since aussie_ had good time there night before and I trust his opinion and judgement for years , what happened to us could be just  an aberration , bad luck but not main stream event. I hope I'm right.

3 hours ago, z909 said:

Rather than complain, I'm simply not going in Nice Boys again for the duration of this trip. 

give them a try toward the end and see if there's any improvement as one statistic sample is not basis for hypothesis even if our experience there was bad indeed.

3 hours ago, a-447 said:

I think the guys turn up each night to be with each other, not with farang. 

I'm just surprised the management allows such behaviour. 

As the boys are all straight it comes as no surprise that they want to get the deed over asap.

you may be right on first account although it's not my previous experience.

management was present and did not give a f...k about our presence either so nobody was to complain , in fact  loud scream was necessary  to signalize we want to pay our dues.

not so sure about straight guys rushing things. If you read my recent travel report  S , telephone guy from ChiangMai, T, my favorite masseur this trip, Myanmarese from HotMale, one more  guy, Art , masseur from BBB, Moonlight model not mentioned yet, all straights with wifes /girlfriends and some with children , mostly l engaged more than once by me this trip ,  none of them made any hint he is done and wants to go  other than cases when time was agreed upon in advance for valid reason (returning to girl  or going to work ). 

Give me straight guy and day or rather night.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

not so sure about straight guys rushing things. If you read my recent travel report  S , telephone guy from ChiangMai, T, my favorite masseur this trip, Myanmarese from HotMale, one more  guy, Art , masseur from BBB, Moonlight model not mentioned yet, all straights with wifes /girlfriends and some with children , mostly l engaged more than once by me this trip ,  none of them made any hint he is done and wants to go  other than cases when time was agreed upon in advance for valid reason (returning to girl  or going to work ). 

Give me straight guy and day or rather night.

We meant straight guys rushing things at Nice Boy bar and not as general statement too many bad reviews from members of this forum and other forums about this bar.

I personally have rejection to be with straight guys I can't be with a boy that is not gay seems very odd experience for me to be with a boy that clearly prefer to be with women but if it works for you good for you .

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

This time breakfast in Zing, last embrace and good bye N, you were great guy. Nothing sentimental , all professional , I had money,  he had time , body and skills   and all that was good enough to have great time together. The same like with  S in Chiang Mai. Job well done , guys move to next client and I did the same to next guys. I like that way and

it’s  what for I’m coming to Thailand. 

In brief they fell in love with your wallet and you fell in love with their body 😄

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

Taking advantage of depressed hotel prices and Christams season  I decided for  next 4 nights to treat myself with digs in Crowne Plaza. Normally I don’t crave multi stars hotels  as  difference in price is much higher than difference in comfort but why not to boost ones ego for Christams by staying in 4500 room / I saw tariff on reception / for 60% of that price breakfast included if only to know where  rich sleep when they travel. Location is very convenient , around the corner from Silom and Suriwong and view is guaranteed as rooms are starting on 25th floor.

Wow 2000 Baht a night Including breakfast at Crown Plaza is a great deal , Amazing hotel indeed. 

Great report !

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

.... seems very odd experience for me to be with a boy that clearly prefer to be with women but if it works for you good for you .

it does, I have nothing against women, I just don't sleep with them. After all  my mother was women  and  sister still is, praise the Lord , you know

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

In brief they fell in love with your wallet and you fell in love with their body 😄

Wow 2000 Baht a night Including breakfast at Crown Plaza is a great deal , Amazing hotel indeed. 

I don't think it was love, certainly they liked my tips and I liked them , not only their bodies.

I was impressed with Crowne Plaza but from all Bangkok hotels I stay this trip I think I liked Furama Sathorn the most, biggest room , actually two , kitchenette and balcony so I could open window