billyhouston

Soi Than Tawan

• Members
21 minutes ago, a-447 said:

Golden Cock and Nature Boy have amalgamated. No surprise there, as they were always close and the guys visited each other's bar from time to time.

The owner of Nature Boy often had parties in the old Golden Cock. Lots of fun times and great memories.

Are they now operating from the one premises if so which one?

42 minutes ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Are they now operating from the one premises if so which one?

The Golden Cock sign has moved across the road to the Nature Boys premises, whilst the old Golden Cock premises is closed. 

That's been the case for some time, as can be seen from photos posted in January.

3 hours ago, a-447 said:

Golden Cock and Nature Boy have amalgamated. No surprise there, as they were always close and the guys visited each other's bar from time to time.

The owner of Nature Boy often had parties in the old Golden Cock. Lots of fun times and great memories.

Golden Cock the first gay bar I visited in Thailand decades ago.
Nature Boy when I was feeling naughty.

I haven't been back since the amalgamation but it is stretching my imagination to see two bars occupying the N.B. premises (seemed like half a shophouse😁).

Good luck to them both.

It is, perhaps, worth commenting that a few minutes prior to these photographs Thaniya was very quiet indeed and Surawong utterly deserted. Subsequently, Silom was very quiet also. My usual hotel was at about 20% capacity and their restaurant closed because they couldn't get staff. A sad state of affairs.

While pictures don't like and soi looks exactly like that it, s not a dead zone. Silom Market operates as before and is quite crowded  so you would not notice any difference. Tawan soi is not that quiet either as new Quarter Silom hotel seems to be very popular.

I showed at 11.00 on Monday   and they made me waiting till 2 to check in. Parking was full and so was restaurant at breakfast ( buffet, 129 baht). 

As for Tawan itself as I reported in other thread they will be moving across the soi as confirmed by Mamasan from other bar as, well as well known Tawan boy I met in other place. So hope it turns true. 

• Members
1 hour ago, vinapu said:

While pictures don't like and soi looks exactly like that it, s not a dead zone. Silom Market operates as before and is quite crowded  so you would not notice any difference. Tawan soi is not that quiet either as new Quarter Silom hotel seems to be very popular.

I showed at 11.00 on Monday   and they made me waiting till 2 to check in. Parking was full and so was restaurant at breakfast ( buffet, 129 baht). 

As for Tawan itself as I reported in other thread they will be moving across the soi as confirmed by Mamasan from other bar as, well as well known Tawan boy I met in other place. So hope it turns true. 

I sincerely hope it can return to its glory days.

It would be interesting to see how the rest of that soi has faired? I know the bar / restaurant After Hours (Silom rd end) closed down but would be nice to know how all the others (The Prime massage, Mango Tree etc) there are going (or gone). 

There are several massage shops open on the end of that Soi nearest the Skytrain.   The Tawan end is much quieter, with closure of the bar, massage shops and the pharmacy.

The Prime and Thai Prime were probably open.  Certainly not boarded up, but since having boys sat outside is less common these days, it's difficult to tell without going inside.

13 minutes ago, z909 said:

There are several massage shops open on the end of that Soi nearest the Skytrain.   The Tawan end is much quieter, with closure of the bar, massage shops and the pharmacy.

The Prime and Thai Prime were probably open.  Certainly not boarded up, but since having boys sat outside is less common these days, it's difficult to tell without going inside.

Thank you for that, appreciate it very much 

3 hours ago, TMax said:

It would be interesting to see how the rest of that soi has faired? I know the bar / restaurant After Hours (Silom rd end) closed down but would be nice to know how all the others (The Prime massage, Mango Tree etc) there are going (or gone). 

Mango Tree was open but appeared to have few customers. The massage places had few guys outside and did not appear to be doing great business.

2 hours ago, billyhouston said:

Mango Tree was open but appeared to have few customers. The massage places had few guys outside and did not appear to be doing great business.

Thanks Billy 👍

Many thanks for this info-sad to see but inevitable. So that will be location nr 3 for the SUN=Tawan!

There also used to be 3 such bars along that short connecting soi-for me also first places long, long ago to visit BKK. SuperA and its sister/brother LuckyS-much later they merged and that Japanese run very neat place at the end (Lucky S was right beside and upstairs).

Before MangoTree opened there was also such a place opposite-same side as Golden Cock- it changed names quite often, once it was I think King Diamond. Met one of the loveliest guys there-a Cambodian, long before the Khmer started to flock the Thai places