Riofan

Has anyone asked the GP’s at 117 or 202 their vaccination status?

I am going to Rio next week and will be there Tuesday through Monday Dec 14-20, 2021.  I was curious if any safety protocols are being practiced at 117 or 202.  If I ask a GP if they have been vaccinated do you think they would tell me?  Show proof?  I’m just curious.  It is not a deal breaker by any means but since I love to kiss I was wondering if there was a chance of find vaccinated guys.  I am triple vaccinated so that eases my concerns (just a little) but I know I am rolling the dice.  Any thoughts?  I’ve been to Rio and the saunas 9 times previously but it has been a couple of years.  In fact I was headed to the airport to go to Brazil when everything shut down at the start of the pandemic.  Thanks for reading.

• Members

IDK, but … 

Enjoy. A very opportune time. Case incidence is practically at an all-pandemic low there, perhaps a calm before the storm. 

I think better to ask in a more open-ended way how they protect themselves and their families from novel coronavirus infection rather than how protected you are from them based on a binary answer regarding inoculation. It’s easy to work into conversation because the theme is front-and-centre, perhaps a bit less intrusive than requesting their ‘vaccine passport’ status. 

The fact is that their realities can range from hybrid superimmunity from having had SARS-CoV-2 plus a prime vaccination series and a recent booster demonstrating assiduous attention to disease prophylaxis, to a wacko belief system about the risks of infection and it’s potential consequences, Bozo- grade misinformed notions about prevention, seriousness, etc.

What they reveal can be very telling and steer you into a suite with them versus moving on to the next possibly saner guy for grill and spill.  

• Members

When I was in Rio a few weeks ago I asked several GP’s if they were vaccinated and they all said yes. It wasn’t a deal breaker as I felt I had already assumed some risk that I was comfortable with by going to the sauna in the first place. Most had had two shots, some only one but all seemed proud that they had been vaccinated. Have fun!

• Members
1 hour ago, asdsrfr said:

Most had had two shots, some only one but all seemed proud that they had been vaccinated. Have fun!

I take it, then, that some of the single-dosers fit into the overall minority that took the Janssen vaccine, while others are partially vaccinated. I believe that the younger age groups may be queuing up to obtain full vaccination status that is chugging along well, at the same time that booster doses are being rolled out for older folks (and then descending age-group order) whose prime series uptake is more dated and more represented by the less effective CoronaVac. Good to know there is receptivity to a direct inquiry and generally the kind of monolithic viewpoint about it that we appreciate. They must be accustomed to it by now.

In municipal São Paulo the probability of at least one active infection within any random group of 50 not age-adjusted and not sorted according to vaccination status is 1.7%

This photo is from tonight, at 117.

EA905085-15E1-4EF7-8EF9-A592DBC8057D.thumb.jpeg.54e363867c072cea584a2283e13a4f9c.jpeg

Looks promising in theory, and at first glance I felt at ease with my visit here. But as I checked in at reception to get my key, I was not asked for my vaccination record. I was also with two boys, who looked like GPs, but was with me like a client and therefore not working, and they weren’t asked for their vaccine records either.

I’m not saying that they are not asking for the records, it just wasn’t asked of me. I did ask from boys and they said they only had to show it to reception once and then never asked again. Maybe clients are not asked? Unsure.

Another anecdote: earlier today we went to Vidigal to take photos and have lunch at Mirante, and we took mototáxis up the favela. My cute motoqueiro assured me that he had two doses of the vaccine, and also slyly told me that i could hold on to his waist on the way up. I obliged of course. He got a tip. I’m that gullible.

• Members

It’s a decree established a week ago and I expect a lot of establishments are not thrilled about being enforcers. There is a lack of uniformity across states, regions, and municipalities as Bolsonaro and the courts continue to battle out decisions.

Like many places, Quebec province has a scannable app that contains a QR matrix code proving vaccination. Scanners are issued to bars, gyms, restaurants etc. It’s much faster for venues than dealing with a mix of paper certifications and matrix codes. But you won’t get into an establishment here without it and fines can be levied against lackadaisical venues.

0411FBAB-2855-4E7A-AD96-627B4A36FAD2.jpeg

On 12/10/2021 at 4:32 AM, Riofan said:

I am going to Rio next week and will be there Tuesday through Monday Dec 14-20, 2021. I am triple vaccinated so that eases my concerns (just a little) but I know I am rolling the dice.

I'll be in Medellin Tuesday and I can't see myself worrying about Covid all that much. There is nothing wrong with taking precautions and finding the path with the least risk, of course. I'm more of a bar and club person, so that one dude that I am kissing will be the least of my worries. I had COVID, my 2 vaccinations and recently a boostershot. Now, I like to expereince things as normal as possible.

Enojoy your trip!

• Members

FYI, all indoor spaces in Rio now require showing a COVID vaccination card to enter. This includes the saunas. Both 202 and 117 started enforcing this requirement on Monday and Tuesday, respectively.

This applies to clients, sauna workers and garotos.

A digital copy of your proof of vaccination card on your phone is acceptable. Don’t leave home without it — unless you plan to spend all of your time in Rio in outdoor spaces. 

• Members

And by the way, while we’re on the topic of nasalpharyngeal viral shedding, what’s with this dumb viral faddism, and are their innocent designer pooches destined for parallel fashion statements?

All my ratings 1-10 are dripping a point, ex cept umm … if it’s removable, or one of them is otherwise extraordinary enough to separate himself from the herd and I can muster up the forbearance to roll with it. Eeesh … what a flaccidizer. 

74757C07-98F3-4165-8FB8-F30EA8C36462.jpeg

14 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

FYI, all indoor spaces in Rio now require showing a COVID vaccination card to enter. This includes the saunas. Both 202 and 117 started enforcing this requirement on Monday and Tuesday, respectively.

A digital copy of your proof of vaccination card on your phone is acceptable. Don’t leave home without it — unless you plan to spend all of your time in Rio in outdoor spaces. 

Thank you for the reply.  Will my American cardboard vaccination card be accepted?  I hope so as it is all I have.  I have a picture of it saved in my phone but I will also carry it with me.  Looking forward to leaving on Monday!

Was in 202 today for Junior’s birthday. No apparent signage requiring vaccination status that I could see. Also I wasn’t asked for my vaccine card and neither were my two companions, just like 117.

202 was super packed today! If you’re at all paranoid about COVID and social distancing, tonight was not a night for you to come. The show was good and there was free food, and Junior was giving away these cups as giveaways:

07B84066-E716-4262-B316-1E6CB376646B.thumb.jpeg.e5154e391569a1015a789a92104783ac.jpeg

• Members
6 hours ago, Riofan said:

Thank you for the reply.  Will my American cardboard vaccination card be accepted?  I hope so as it is all I have.  I have a picture of it saved in my phone but I will also carry it with me.  Looking forward to leaving on Monday!

Your card from the USA is fine. You can use the copy of it on your phone. No need to carry the original around everywhere in Rio and risk losing it. 

• Members
On 12/11/2021 at 8:08 PM, SolaceSoul said:

That's easy, a photoshopped vaccination card will do.

• Members

That’s odd, compared to Monik’s apparently greater attempts at mitigation intentionality, as Junior has always projected Alpha in terms of determination to stay above water and the club reputedly has both B.1.1.7 and Q lineages. The majority of occupants’ thirst overrides balking at entrance requirements. Applying public health guidance diligently is directly correlated with venue sustainability. 

• Members

i was wondering also about other places....(not only saunas).  i am traveling at beginning of january.

i would like to know, if they will accept EU or US certificates.

in europe we have a digital certificate that is valid all over EU and in countries neighbours to EU. (this info is for non-eu citizents that are not informed about system).

• Members
3 hours ago, trzinko said:

i was wondering also about other places....(not only saunas).  i am traveling at beginning of january.

i would like to know, if they will accept EU or US certificates.

in europe we have a digital certificate that is valid all over EU and in countries neighbours to EU. (this info is for non-eu citizents that are not informed about system).

Brazil Supreme Court just ruled today that vaccination is (will be) required for entry to country, as opposed to the recent proposal unvacc’d would only be subject to 5 days quarantine.

But to your question, always make sure that any digital version you possess clearly delineates the vaccine product and dates, and that it corresponds to one or more of the approved products where you visit. And somehow find a way to print some kind of version on paper, as that seems to be the ubiquitous format there and you cannot transfer your certification to the national SUS platform. Brazilians I know there have a card format. In Canada the site prints your record for you and we also register to get a matrix code for various purposes.

May be inconvenient to print a PDF or screenshot onto paper ahead of time, but likely convenient to have that format on hand once there. And if I have this right, it is essential to have it in either English or Portuguese. Bathhouses may not be enforcement inclined, but why go to the trouble of pursuing inoculation and associated certification but not print it? 

At 117 and 202 only for the first time at the entrance they demanded provide proof qr-code vaccination (photos were enough), then no longer. Probably because I went there every day and the administrator remembered me. And I asked the masseurs only if they had a condom and lubricant, and they asked me if I liked their dick.