unicorn

Meat Loaf, latest anti-vaxxer becomes victim of his false beliefs

• Members

A vocal opponent of Covid-19 vaccine mandates, singer Meat Loaf appears to have succumbed to the disease himself (death certificate hasn't been filed yet). As an obese 74 year-old, you'd think he would have chosen a wiser course, since he fit the profile as a prime risk for the illness. I have zero understanding of why entertainers think they're so much more knowledgeable about vaccine safety and efficacy than public health and medical experts. It's difficult to muster any empathy here. Hopefully his words and actions didn't lead to others losing their lives.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-dead-dies-singer/

"...Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates..."

Meat Loaf, Singer of 'Bat Out of Hell,' Dies at 74 - WSJ

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4509131/meat-loaf-died-catching-covid/
"...just months before his death he declared "if I die, I die - I'm not going to be controlled" when discussing Covid.

In an interview with the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette published last August, he also labelled face masks a "nuisance".. ."

Well, it looks like the only thing to control him was the virus... 🙄

On 1/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, RockHardNYC said:

The sad reality: if more anti-vaxxers die from Covid, the safer the world will be for the rest of us. 

I really just don't get it. I don't understand an adult believing the government is trying to fool them. Yes, we know the government is a bunch of liers. But, every government, everywhere?

• Members
On 1/29/2022 at 7:19 PM, TotallyOz said:

I don't understand an adult believing the government is trying to fool them. Yes, we know the government is a bunch of liers. But, every government, everywhere?

I sincerely doubt there are more liars in the U.S. government than there are in your own personal life. Human beings tend to lie when it's convenient, easy, or it will save their ass.

I know plenty of people who work for the U.S. government who care deeply about the work, this country, and the public service. Of course it's always the bad apples who ruin things for everyone.

But when you seriously think about large bureaucracies, especially the ones where employees come and go with each new administration, it's hard to imagine any mission that can be perfectly executed with so many hands coming and going. Run a business, any business, and find out how difficult it is to create a perfect execution. Or better yet, see how easy it is for just three people to keep your secret.

America's problem is education, and it has been a serious problem for decades. Republicans in particular prefer to keep their voters stupid and scared. As long as there are too many stupid, scared people running around, there is no way they will ever be able to wrap their brain around science. If the cross you want to bear is science-denial, then you just might die on that cross. It's proving true for many anti-vaxxers. 

8 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

America's problem is education, and it has been a serious problem for decades.

I think this is a key issue that few seem to discuss. Literacy rates in the USA are presently estimated at 79%. Compare that with the literacy rate in the country the USA and its allies did its best to bomb into virtual oblivion. Vietnam's literacy rate for over 15s in 2018 was 95%. In that same year the rate in China was 96.8% with youth literacy rate (15-24 yo) at 99.7%.

https://knoema.com/atlas/China/topics/Education/Literacy/Adult-literacy-rate