alwaysrio

New Gay-Owned Coffee Company Rio

• Members

A gay-owned coffee company in Rio has launched in just the last two weeks called Jacu (after the bird, it is not Jacu Bird Poop Coffee). I met the owner, and he is impressive. He is pushing diversity and has hired a great team. One of his executives I met is a guy who grew up in a favela and is now finishing his third year of law school. The company pays his tuition and high salaries. 

I asked how I could help. If you are in Rio, you can order the coffee at @jacucoffee. It is shipped the same day and takes about two days to your location in Rio or SP. Just great tasting coffee and the picture on the box is the owner's farm.

He also said they started to use social influencers to add followers to  @jacucoffee. They are opening a coffee and doughnut cafe in Rio Sul. 

Can we help to drive up the Instagram numbers? Can work to get placement from more retail stores in Rio and SP. And when you are in Rio, ordering some coffee makes a great gift. I just brought back 12 boxes to the USA. Selling at R$39 for 250 g box in Brazil, this same quality coffee in the USA would be priced over US$15.

Say they are expanding to the USA market, have meetings set with large retailers.

• Members

Thanks @alwaysrio! I just bought 12 packs of coffee beans (Graos means beans!). Not speaking Portuguese is proven to be difficult navigating their website. I whatsapped them. Rodrigo called me back speaking English and guided me through every step. He was very nice and helpful. Thanks for the info - I used to get the supermarket ones to take home but this time I can only find grounded  coffee (moido) but not the beans.