Midguy1

Flights to the Phillipines

Whilst I wait for Thailand to reopen with sensible entry requirements, it has prompted to me to consider a trip to other countries that have been on my bucket list.

The Philippines has been one such place that I have wanted to visit and I'm now seriously considering a trip.

Researching flights from the UK they seem very expensive at the moment.  For example a trip in March is showing them to be more than double than to Thailand or the South American countries.

If I may ask the membership who may have done a UK to Phillipines route before, is this normal?  I'm just curious whether to wait to see if prices drop or whether to book anyway knowing that this is just standard.

Would appreciate any insights.

Very late after-but yes, this is/was normal. As MNL has far, far fewer flites from EUR as BKK as hub. But airfares to BKK have also gone through the roof for early ´23.

So the rather evident answer is-and assuming you have time enough to do that-book the main flite for lowest price you can find (In the past that was often KUL-even more as BKK), then add a cheap0 AirAsia or the like. So you get 2 countries for less as the price for 1 as PH.

In the past (I´ve worked on the side in the travel bisnis till pension-so got a load of internal advice and hints)-some Asia airlines (notably very good SQ=Singy or sometimes als CX=Cathay Pac. from HKG-also excellent on board service) would also offer quite good combined fares for multi-stops. These things you have to know or trust to a knowledgeable tr-agent-they will still not show up on skyscanner or google.flights.

NOTE: as you state UK=GB: this is from EUR-from USA it is quite different, also becse many more Pinoy have connections to USA and look at maps-its closer by for them. It may also be quite different if your tastes are for more as budget eco, as apparent so many here will tell you to do. Or if you have airmiles or whatever to spend.