RockHardNYC

It's official: the GOP is dead!

• Members

Breaking news:

G.O.P. Declares Jan. 6 Attack ‘Legitimate Political Discourse’

The people who run this party have completely lost their minds. Fuck the U.S. Constitution. Fuck the rule of law. Fuck Democracy. We are so far from Benghazi, it's very difficult to see how we correct course without a major war.

I doubt a Trump death is enough to fix this. We can only hope Covid takes out a few more red states. The crazies aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

• Members
3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Oh, for the votes for the brainless.

Their radical base, who now controls the party. Elected GOPs are so afraid of their base, they created a monster they can no longer control. It's anarchy now, and unless Trump drops dead from a Big Mac heart attack, I really don't see how much change is possible. There simply is no one in the GOP who has anywhere near the "star" power of the Don. 

At least in NYC we got some good news today. Michael Avenatti Is Found Guilty of Stealing From Stormy Daniels. I guess the jury struggled a bit with one lone holdout, until the judge said, "no emotion." The lone juror must have fallen under Avenatti's spell as he represented himself in his trial. Silly. He didn't offer one witness on his behalf. Very strange.

What an amazing rise and fall in such a short time. Avenatti had the media by the balls for a quick minute, and I'm sure Trump didn't appreciate the grip that Avenatti had on his balls, either. 

Poor Stormy. She can see dead people but she couldn't smell a crook in her employ. Since I'm assuming Avenatti has no money, I wonder what Stormy gets out of this?

• Members

I was a registered Republican from 1974 until 2020 when I changed my registration to Democrat.  I don't understand what happened to the party I identified with for so long.  It went from being fiscally conservative and moderate socially to a bunch of super right wing crazies who only want power for powers sake and to undo all the social advancements of the last 50 years.  It seems that everything I read that makes me cringe is initiated by a Republican. They just don't seem to have any shame for the hateful things they spew.  Their most recent act of absolute lunacy was to officially pass that resolution labeling the Jan 6 attack on the US Capitol and Legislators and threatening to hang the Vice-President as an act of "legitimate political discourse".  In what world can it possibly be a legitimate anything.   I blame a lot of it on the rise of the despicable, disgusting human being named Trump. 

• Members
16 hours ago, bobtpa1614502761 said:

I blame a lot of it on the rise of the despicable, disgusting human being named Trump. 

Sadly, the story runs a bit deeper than that. Trump was a catalyst for sure, but the party lost its way long before that, and many of their leadership were in denial about the party's base and way too many of its members.

Stuart Stevens, a well-known, veteran Republican operative, spells it all out very well in his recent book:

It Was All a Lie  HOW THE REPUBLICAN PARTY BECAME DONALD TRUMP