RockHardNYC

Sarah Palin: Get the Fuck Out of Here!

• Members

In NYC, many of us are celebrating Palin's double loss. Not only did the jury in her trial against The New York Times abandon her, but before the jury verdict came in, the judge ruled against her.

I have no idea who bankrolled this effort, but I'm sure it wasn't Palin. Cameras rolling is all she cares about.

Since she flagrantly ignored city mask/vaccine rules regarding restaurants, many of us are very happy to see this selfish bitch leave.

Sarah Palin’s Libel Claim Against The Times Is Rejected by a Jury

• Members

I'm told the judge did what he did due to the potential of Sarah Palin filing an appeal. I think (I'm not a lawyer) the judge's action strengthened the likelihood that an appeal would be rejected, even if the jury found in Palin's favor. The fact that the jury did not find favor with Palin suggests an ever stronger case against appeal. Palin's lawyer claims they will appeal, but all court case losers say that publicly.

As a part-time observer of US politics, I was always staggered that such a seemingly reasonable man as John McCain would select such a disaster as Palin to be his running mate. Was he so desperate that no-one else would have been a better choice? Had his vetters really done their job? How he must have regretted that selection for the rest of his life. As soon as she got tangled up in the 60 Minutes interview about which magazines she read and then the baloney about seeing Russia from her front door, I don't understand why he just did not drop her - from a height on to hard concrete.

• Members
16 hours ago, caeron said:

The irony of it all is that if they had won, they'd pretty much put all the right wing media out of business, since those assholes do this all the fucking time and never bother to correct the errors because the errors are the point.

Irony, hypocrisy and contradiction are long lost on the Trump Republicans. It's very unfortunate. Now it's say anything contrary and see if it sticks. It does not matter that the day before the asshole Republican said the exact opposite. Just give Fox and friends their sound bite. Google the recent Tom Cotton/Dick Durban kerfuffle to see a perfect example of this.

9 hours ago, PeterRS said:

John McCain... Was he so desperate that no-one else would have been a better choice? Had his vetters really done their job? How he must have regretted that selection for the rest of his life. As soon as she got tangled up in the 60 Minutes interview

The Couric/Palin interviews aired on CBS Evening News where Katie was anchor. Not 60 Minutes. There are some wonderful sources, possibly available on YouTube, where Couric, Steve Schmidt, and Nicolle Wallace explain the rationale. Couric's questions were fair. Palin was not vetted properly. The Palin selection turned out to be a disaster. McCain believed she would be a good choice for the Republican base. At the time, he was not wrong. They loved her. Not sure anyone truly knows how he felt about all this closer to his death.

In testimony during the NYTimes trial, Palin blamed The NY Times for destroying her reputation. She complained that her popularity had suffered at the hands of then editor James Bennet. Based on her testimony, she clearly misses being a cause celebre, and may still maintain some denial about where her disfavor originated.

The truth is, the Couric interviews acted as the nails in her coffin. She exposed her incredible ignorance and her unpreparedness for the job, any job. Smart American voters were furious. Her mental instability became much clearer years later when HBO released Game Change, the must-see film about the Palin disaster. Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace consulted. The fabulous Julianne Moore won an Emmy for her amazing performance, which Palin gave a thumbs down. 

Palin is an idiot of her own making. Hers is a sad story that didn't have to go the way that it did. She was not ready for prime time, and IMO, still isn't.

• Members
12 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I was always staggered that such a seemingly reasonable man as John McCain would select such a disaster as Palin to be his running mate. Was he so desperate that no-one else would have been a better choice?

By that time he had lost all principal and it was horrible to see.  He went from railing against the "religious right" to standing on a stage at the sham university with his arm around Jerry Falwell.  That was the day he lost any of my respect, it was just a decent into desperation and pandering to the worst of his party after that.  

Fighting Turd Blossom (Karl Rove and his sock puppet W)--having cars papered with stuff about his "black illegitimate baby" and having that win out over reason and principal may be what broke him.  

At least Cheeto Mussolini was a step too far (down the path W and Palin blazed) and he stood up again at the end.  

• Members

So the pig with lipstick isn't going away. Of course not. She wants the limelight. She needs the limelight. And she's the perfect "celebrity" to be used, willingly, by the deep pockets (probably anti-semetic) who would LOVE to bring some financial pain (not to mention public humiliation) to The NY Times.

Sarah Palin will seek a new trial after her unsuccessful suit against The Times.

I'll bet she's raising all kinds of conservative WASP money from her Fox and friends fanbase. She's back in the arena, ready for her close-up. Sickening.