babybear2

how is the scene in Mexico?

I have made my Brazil trip encouraged by all the great posts.

Wondering can anyone share the latest info on Mexico? Is it possible to meet men like actors in BiLatinMen in Mexico city? 

As far as I know, there is no sauna like 117, Lagoa etc in Mexico, so maybe it is hard to meet offline? 

On 2/21/2022 at 2:03 PM, Canadianbtmguy said:

I too have been casting about for closer and safer alternatives to Brazil (and by Brazil, really, I mean Rio) but CDMX despite other appeals seems not the best for that.

If you like the beach, Puerto Vallarta is always a good option. I've been to Guadalajara once and it has a pretty big gay scene. I was much younger when I was there, but met quite a few guys. I am trying to get administration to create a Mexico forum so we can share more information. Those are the only two places I've really had any luck in Mexico though.

9 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I am surprised the site does not even mention Mexico.  Why is this?

No idea. No response to my request to create a Mexico forum. I really don't know how this site works, but it seems to be unmoderated.

• Members
12 hours ago, kjun12 said:

I am surprised the site does not even mention Mexico.  Why is this?

My observation on Mexico is that, it's a conservative country.  You go to gay clubs in Mexico and no guys take shirts off, whereas in Brazil, at least half of the guys would be shirtless.  In fact Mexican guys prefer wearing buttoned shirts over tshirt or tank tops at the clubs.  In general, guys in Mexico don't go to gyms, whereas Brazilians are very body conscious. Brazilians love to party, in SP there is always some clubs you can go, even during the week.

I've traveled in Mexico for 40+ years, and lived in Mexico City for 6 years.  So, I have a perspective/opinion.  Mexico City is a high-altitude city, 7,400 ft. above sea level. Shirts-off would be appropriate in Acapulco or Puerto Vallarta or Cancun, but not Mexico City (due to climate).  Yes, Mexico is a conservative country.  Gay may be accepted, but not welcomed.  Guys in Mexico City dress similarly to guys in the USA:  whatever fits the moment.  T-shirts, dress shirts, button-down, etc.  Gym-going and outdoor physical activity is commonplace in the Mexico City gay and straight community.  Comparing cultures amongst countries is problematic.  Lifestyle in Rio is not easily comparable with other countries.  But, Mexican guys love to party.  Overall, I prefer the stereotypical Brazilian garotos to Mexican hustlers.  Hands-down.

g

On 7/13/2022 at 2:33 PM, scott456 said:

My observation on Mexico is that, it's a conservative country.  You go to gay clubs in Mexico and no guys take shirts off, whereas in Brazil, at least half of the guys would be shirtless.  

In Medellin and Bogota, sweating in hot dance clubs and no-one took their shirt off.  In Bogota I gave my "date" 50 peso to take his off for an hour of dancing,.... lots of people stared and  just a few other men shed their shirts...

• Members
On 7/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, maump said:

In Medellin and Bogota, sweating in hot dance clubs and no-one took their shirt off.  In Bogota I gave my "date" 50 peso to take his off for an hour of dancing,.... lots of people stared and  just a few other men shed their shirts...

Agreed.  I find the club scene quite boring in Bogota and Medellin. However, there are dance clubs in Colombia with naked gogo boys (yeah completely naked, with on and off erection), which you don't get in Brazilian dance clubs (not sauna).

On 7/25/2022 at 3:44 AM, kjun12 said:

Perhaps if there was a sub-forum then it would be used more than you think.

Literally, few guys ask about Mexico, on these particular forums.  A site administrator will look at the number of inquiries about a destination before considering a separate forum.  There's just not enough interest in Mexico and Mexican hustlers to warrant that. 

• Members
7 hours ago, Mavica said:

Literally, few guys ask about Mexico, on these particular forums.  A site administrator will look at the number of inquiries about a destination before considering a separate forum.  There's just not enough interest in Mexico and Mexican hustlers to warrant that. 

I doubt it. Cuba has a separate forum, and there is much more info and interest in Mexico than in the heroic island. 

The organization on subforums by country is nonsense, and a left over of pre internet categorization systems. What would you do with a post addressing multiple countries?

Bottom line, we do not need classifications. Use the search engine instead, you will have better results.

On 7/27/2022 at 3:44 AM, scott456 said:

Agreed.  I find the club scene quite boring in Bogota and Medellin. However, there are dance clubs in Colombia with naked gogo boys (yeah completely naked, with on and off erection), which you don't get in Brazilian dance clubs (not sauna).

I did not find that and asking the locals did not lead me to one.,  closest was theatron in bogota (https://www.portaltheatron.co/) (which was loud very crowded and most of it roped off for a private party when I was there) which had gogo dancers in speedos.