Jake

Convenient Gay Friendly Hotels in Sao Paulo

Dear All

Thank you all for your advice.  I have additional questions:

i. which hotels do you recommend in Sao Paulo that are gay friendly and close to the saunas in particular Lagoa?

ii.  other than Uber, how does one get a safe taxi at the airport?

iii.  also is there a thread here that tells you the sentences or phrases in Portuguese when talking with the boys in a sauna?

Thank you again!

Although I can't remember the specific lodgings/hotels where I stayed while in São Paulo some 15+ years ago-- there is a section for São Paulo at this site.  A few hotels are listed, but I cannot state if they are gay friendly or not.

Check out another site: www.gaycities.com.

Click or type in São Paulo.  It is hoped that something comes up for your use.

• Members
On 2/23/2022 at 3:44 AM, buttercawan said:

269 Chilli Pepper Single Hotel.

Can't get more gay friendly than it 😀

Doesn't Chili Pepper also have a sex club? Is it perhaps TOO gay friendly (i.e., if you actually want to sleep without the thump-thump disco music of most sex clubs)?

Any nice/more upscale recommended hotels in Republica? 

Apparently Saturday night is very popular in this area and my preferred Airbnb options are all sold out Saturday - many seems only occupied for that night, so apparently people are flocking to Republica Fridays and Saturday?

• Members
51 minutes ago, speedoo1 said:

Apparently Saturday night is very popular in this area and my preferred Airbnb options are all sold out Saturday - many seems only occupied for that night, so apparently people are flocking to Republica Fridays and Saturday?

Off topic from your specific question but you can map hotels on Booking, etc, to assess quality. However if the airbnbs you like are vacant before and after a single occupied night you have negotiating clout if you book for a longer period. You can message a host with your plans and request and they may cancel and refund the guest blocking you. It will show up in reviews as a cancellation done by the host but it would be up to them to weigh the pros and cons, one of which is single nights may mean more group party revelling, and greater wear and tear on the unit. They are taking advantage of the platform by pre-empting a host’s chance at better bookings when hotels are the accommodations historically set up for one-offs and more vigilant about controlling group occupancy.  However, I have found sampling a range of airbnbs on a single trip a worthwhile endeavour to get a solid subjective impression of preferred places to stay on subsequent visits, but committing to at least 3 nights per place as is likely a reasonable average length for hosts, or even having a double-booking overlap. Plunking a single hotel night within the sequence obviously an additional hassle. 

• Members
5 hours ago, speedoo1 said:

I stayed at Uotel Downtown Republica before. It was alright. It was Uotel before, think the new name is Nomah.

• Members

Intercity Hotel in Rua Haddock Lobo, it is 10 minute walk to Termas Lagoa and close to many restaurants around and close to Avenida Paulista and I think its close to gay area, you will see lots of gays walking around.

thats where me and my friends always stay. the hotel is ok not luxurious not bad either.  I am coming there in 1st week of June.

7 hours ago, endlessdream said:

I know it’s not in republica but I think someone mentioned Intercontinental. Anyone knows about their visitor policies?

They installed a revolving door just for TotallyOz when he used to stay there.....The employees are very friendly , as you can tell from this photo 😆

Oz, remember this guy?

DSCF0633.JPG

the 5 star hotels in jardim paulista allow guests discreetly.  If you ask, they will probably say no.  If you bring someone in during the day & it appears they fit the environment, then you won’t have a problem.  always meet guests in the lobby & have a drink in the bar first if it’s a first meeting to make sure everything is ok before going to the room.  and I always walked my guests out to the main exit.

the main & correct concern of the hotels is safety for all the guests.  they can’t make it known there is an open door for unregistered guests.

I noticed layers of security and they definitely knew who was coming/going.  don’t think security and front desk won’t notice.  as in all things, it’s how you conduct yourself and the guest.  if you make it look like meeting a friend for a drink, then that’s how staff will treat you.

if hotel staff senses trouble or someone out-of-place, then your guest isn’t getting in.  choose your guests accordingly.

tip hotel staff generously ;)

One place that absolutely allows guests is Bela Cintra Stay by Atlantica.  

It was recommended by one of the boys at Lagoa as an off-site option.  I didn’t go there, so no review. 

On 5/11/2022 at 11:47 PM, floridarob said:

They installed a revolving door just for TotallyOz when he used to stay there.....The employees are very friendly , as you can tell from this photo 😆

Oz, remember this guy?

DSCF0633.JPG

OMG. I love the guy on the left. One of my all time favorites. I think his name was Brian? I wanted to marry him! :)