joshhb

Silom hotel offering fast Day 1 test

I am staying at Banyan Tree and they are saying that if you get a test with them before 6pm then the result will be through that night. After 6pm it will be the next morning. Whether this turns out to be true or not is another question.....

I too am arriving late March but my flight lands at 5.15am so very much hope I will be done and released before the evening! 

I am going ahead and booking the tests in the next couple of days so I can get Thai pass sorted. I don't want to leave it last minute. It might mean I end up paying for something that I don't need but better safe than sorry. 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:31 PM, joshhb said:

Any recommendations please? Day 1 and 5 tests may be gone by the end of March, but if not.....

Is that true?

I fly end of April and that would be great if it is 🙏

On 2/21/2022 at 4:31 PM, joshhb said:

Any recommendations please? Day 1 and 5 tests may be gone by the end of March, but if not.....

Stayed in the Pullman Bangkok hotel G in silom in late December on T&G. 

Test was done on a dedicated suite in the hotel on my arrival at ~08.30 at 15.00 they called to tell me I was released and shoved the release papers under my fort minutes later

The Quarter in Silom told me 12 hour turnaround. They don't use the same hospital as other Silom hotels, so there may be an express option. I wrote the hospital and got no response. The best express I found was a 4hour turnaround at the notable markup you might expect. Sorry, I don't remember which, but I found it was almost impossible to get a response from any of the hotels to clarify how this would work, and what I needed to do to get an express test. So, while they advertised it, I couldn't confirm it.

With new variants possibly coming at any time, I'd rather get approval now rather than risk something popping up and the program shutting back down. My .02.

I arrive around midnight, so the 12 hour turnaround isn't a problem for me.

I noticed on some of the other websites that some hotels were bad about getting you the paperwork you needed to confirm for Thai Pass. The Quarter wasn't helpful on some of my emails, but they did that relatively promptly at least.

Good Luck.

21 hours ago, caeron said:

I arrive around midnight, so the 12 hour turnaround isn't a problem for me.

I noticed on some of the other websites that some hotels were bad about getting you the paperwork you needed to confirm for Thai Pass. The Quarter wasn't helpful on some of my emails, but they did that relatively promptly at least.

you can only hope you will be tested right after arrival, not in the morning, when they may start counting their 12 hrs promise.

I booked mine quarantine  / test hotel  through Agoda and had confirmation right away .

Indeed, though a number of places do have 24 hour testing. I have to hope, or if it is morning, that I can pay the hospital for express testing. The Quarter did at least confirm that they use a different hospital than the one other Silom hotels use which doesn't offer express testing. 

I gave up trying to get answers out of the hotels because of the half dozen I wrote, none responded with anything helpful. (Some responded, but didn't answer the question I asked about quick testing and follow up emails were ignored.)

If test turnaround timing really matters to you, try e-mailing a large sample of hotels.   

In 2021-22,  I just booked one on Agoda with good reviews.   I slept for most of the quarantine period and had about 88 days of holiday remaining afterwards.

On the other hand, in 2020-21, with 15 nights quarantine, I must have e-mailed about 50 hotels, to find one with both reasonable cancellation terms AND vegetarian food.

Some hotels use hospital drive through, you arrive at the airport, driver drives you to hospital, winds down the window, the nurse sticks the stick through the window into your nose, you don't even need to get out of the car. Saves a lot of time.

56 Surawong Hotel uses this method with Piyavate Hospital, result came within 6 hours. No food choice, no windows that can be opened, but ok for 6 hours. (I heard).

16 hours ago, 10tazione said:

i mean windows yes, but cant be opened. I also prefer to breath some fresh air from the outside, with those air cons you never know where the air is coming from.

And sometimes is cool enough  that  A/C is even required, it happened to me to sleep with A/C off and with open window not only in Dec but also in Sept and Oct