abidismaili

Gate 9 at the airport?

The last time I was in Thailand (more than 2 years ago) the Pattaya bus went from Gate 8 at the airport. The most left gate.

Now in March my driver who will take me to my Test&Go hotel will pick me up from Gate 9. I can't find on the airport map a Gate 9. Anyone has an idea?

I assume it is a typo (the 9 is close to the 8 on the keyboard). Of course I can ask the hotel, but prefer to do it here.

The Pattaya bus still goes from level 1, same as it has done for years.

Arrivals is on level 2.    Gate 8 is approximately above where the bus goes from, as shown on any terminal map of level 2. 

When I arrived in November, all the quarantine hotels had stands where you exit immigration in that area, so it took almost no time at all to find my driver.

20 minutes ago, kokopelli said:

My hotel said gate 9.  I believe there will  be authorized people meeting arrivals and will usher people to the pickup area.

That's more or less how it worked end of December. Before you're allowed to go to passport control there's a check for your Covid documentation. Then passport control and waiting to collect your bags. After you pass customs you get to the international arrivals hall, where you are greeted by a mass of hotel representatives and staff to get all arrivals in contact with the right people.

It seemed a bit chaotic, there's so many hotels now, but there's plenty of people pointing you in the right way. Go with the flow and you should be on your way in no time. Just make sure you have a copy (or 2) of your booking and your Thailand pass at hand.

In may case I was asked me to wait a bit before I was taken to the car, which took me to the hospital for a snot donation, and then on to the hotel for what turned out to be about 8 hours quarantine.

I had time left for dinner at Circus (formerly Telephone Pub) and a short visit to Dream Boys. Everything had to close by 11PM.