reader

Thailand and Malaysia to expedite quarantine-free cross-border travels

From Channel News Asia

BANGKOK: Thailand and Malaysia agreed to expedite quarantine-free travels across the borders for travellers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Friday (Feb 25) after meeting his Malaysian counterpart Ismail Sabri Yaakob in Bangkok.

“We share the hope that fully vaccinated people will soon be able to travel between Thailand and Malaysia without quarantine, while following public health measures of both sides,” stated Gen Prayut during a joint press conference at the Government House in Bangkok.

According to Mr Ismail Sabri, quarantine-free air travels (VTL-Air) between Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok will first become available for fully vaccinated travellers before other destinations are added later.

I wonder what's the definition of "quarantine free" this time ?

As we know, they already introduced "quarantine free" travel to Thailand for people last year, including from Malaysia.  

Except they had a few hours quarantine whilst waiting for a covid test.     So it was eventually re-branded as "Test & Go".

I believe it will be similar kind of arrangement with singapore. And its a two way agreement, meaning people from thailand can come to malaysia too. What it mean for me personally compared to test n go currently is the returning to malaysia part where currently i need to quarantine upon returning, and with vtl, i dont have to. Im sure it will definitely encourange more travel between the two countries.

26 minutes ago, spoon said:

I believe it will be similar kind of arrangement with singapore. And its a two way agreement, meaning people from thailand can come to malaysia too. What it mean for me personally compared to test n go currently is the returning to malaysia part where currently i need to quarantine upon returning, and with vtl, i dont have to. Im sure it will definitely encourange more travel between the two countries.

so I understand you are packing and going , if only to report how Tawan is doing after re-opening 

7 minutes ago, vinapu said:

so I understand you are packing and going , if only to report how Tawan is doing after re-opening 

Im stucked with work as of now. Might have to wait until things settle down a bit. But yes, if there is less planning ahead required to nake a short trip, i might be more likely able to make a trip, but not so soon sadly