macdaddi

Cartagena Gay Bars - February 2022

On 3/2/2022 at 2:54 AM, macdaddi said:

The crowd is a mix of foreign tourists, rent boys and locals looking for a big night out. Prices are very expensive by Colombian standards – drinks will run 10-20K COP each. Drug use is rampant and open in the club – the washrooms are closely patrolled.  Expect to be approached by the working boys present, many whom will happily show you shots of the goods on their phones.

Many thanks for your update, Ivam planning to travel soon first time to Colombia, Is there Covid travel restrictions to Colombia at the moment?

Are the tourists comming back to Colombia in significant numbers?

• Members
12 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Many thanks for your update, Ivam planning to travel soon first time to Colombia, Is there Covid travel restrictions to Colombia at the moment?

Are the tourists comming back to Colombia in significant numbers?

Greetings from Bogota. There are no Covid travel restrictions currently. All travelers must show proof of a completed vaccination cycle with the vaccine name when entering Colombia. If you are not vaccinated, you must show a negative test from either an Antigen test (48 hours) or a PCR test (72 hours) prior to the arrival time in Colombia.

There is a noticeable increase in the presence of foreigners in Bogota currently. I will be visiting some of the tourist zones (La Candelaria y Monserrate) later today, but the airport was much busier than it has been over the past 2 years when I arrived.

• Members

I have never been to Cartagena, but based on my experience in Bogota and Medellin, guys in Colombia are quite reserved, they don't even take shirts off at dance clubs.  This is the main reason I skip Colombia's (and Mexico's) parties and head down directly to Brazil.  

But, I believe Europe have the wildest parties in the whole world.  Hustlaball is coming up later this month, and I have booked the trip for it.

• Members
On 10/6/2022 at 10:11 PM, scott456 said:

...guys in Colombia are quite reserved, they don't even take shirts off at dance clubs.  This is the main reason I skip Colombia's (and Mexico's) parties and head down directly to Brazil. 

Mileage may vary, but I would suggest from your comment that you have never been to El Mozo (Bogotá), Industry (Medellín), Purple (Medellín), City Club (Cartagena), or Queen (Calí) where the boys most definitely love to strip down and show off the hard work put in at the local Bodytech.  There is also a very active local circuit in Bogotá and Medellín where private parties occur that get much more wild than the local clubs. For what it is worth...

I certainly agree with macdaddi, at least about the industry, purple & city club. I didn't visit the other clubs yet.

Since this topic is about Cartagena, the city club was thriving on my last visit last year. The airconditioning was in arctic mode. You better dance or freeze to death.  Drug use & sales had moved to the balcony that doubles as the smoking area. A lot of working boys and the 'hiso' of gay Cartagena.  I don't remember the drinking prices, but it was expensive, like everything in Cartagena. 

• Members
On 1/22/2023 at 12:52 AM, neyger said:

I certainly agree with macdaddi, at least about the industry, purple & city club. I didn't visit the other clubs yet.

Since this topic is about Cartagena, the city club was thriving on my last visit last year. The airconditioning was in arctic mode. You better dance or freeze to death.  Drug use & sales had moved to the balcony that doubles as the smoking area. A lot of working boys and the 'hiso' of gay Cartagena.  I don't remember the drinking prices, but it was expensive, like everything in Cartagena. 

these clubs are welcoming guys in their 40s too? :D

• Members
On 3/16/2023 at 2:00 PM, Alex_Berl said:

these clubs are welcoming guys in their 40s too? :D

My clubbing days are long past me, but I usually treat my friends to night out while here.  While I am likely the oldest person, there is definitely a wide range of ages in the clubs. Particularly in Bogotá at the larger venues like Theatrón.

• Members
1 hour ago, macdaddi said:

My clubbing days are long past me, but I usually treat my friends to night out while here.  While I am likely the oldest person, there is definitely a wide range of ages in the clubs. Particularly in Bogotá at the larger venues like Theatrón.

actually my clubbing days are history as well and I enjoy going to bed early and enjoy the daytime :D  But on the other side its nice to be around with other gay  men as well. thats why I enjoy the "sauna culture" in Brazil. I have no problems when good loooking young guys are treating me like I am the most handsome man in the world --because I am a rich man in their eyes. I enjoy it and I spend a little bit of money like I do for a good meal a good wine, great seats in the Metropolitan Opera or in the first class at plane. ...

So at holiday I might enjoy the clubs :D