abidismaili

First impressions after absence of almost 2.5 years

After almost 2.5 year absence I am back in Thailand. I arrived today. Test&Go scheme. I am not into writing trip reports so I won’t do that. But I would love to write down some things that I would have loved to have read before departure. 

The PCR test results wait time can be speed up to only a 1 to 2 hour wait time. I had my test and I asked the lady when will the results be ready? The answer: “tomorrow morning”. Then I asked what it would cost to speed it up. They said you can arrange with hotel. Back at hotel the hotel staff called the clinic and I think 1 hour later I had the result. Negative. Price for speeding it up: 3900 baht. This gave me one extra day of holiday because I really had written the Thursday off. Considered it a day of quarantine. 

Around 21.00 I went on a tour to Sunee and Boyztown to see what bars are open, what massage places and if it is busy or not. Here the results of this scientific research. 

1. Of the 3 parallel roads that make up Boyztown only one is alive. It is moderately busy. Not very busy. The boys are not my number 1 or 2 type to be honest. There is at 21.30 a live show on the street in Boyztown. 
  2. Of Sunee’s two parallel streets only one has some activity but very very modest. Maybe after 21.00 it gets more busy. I doubt that however. But the single street that is alive in Sunee is it only barely. 

Then I also went to see what massages shops I normally visited in the Tukcom and Boyztown areas are still active. The massages places near Boyztown, along that big road where the baht bus goes, are about 50% closed. Maybe even more. Didn’t see any boys outside in the ones that were open. 

Tukcom has still massage places with boys. SomJit for example still exists. 

Jomtien is the most active. Massage is open. Bars is open. Good activity. Happy my hotel is there.