endlessdream

Santo Domingo - Manny - Fees

4 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

I think there is another way to look at this - in most cases, the difference in overpayment is insignificant to the American/Western customer.  But, that same overpayment is significant to the foreign sex-worker.  It’s not an issue about being gullible, naive or unable to negotiate - but, rather helping these guys out in a direct way when they provide a service.  

It’s just being kind & generous to those less fortunate.  That said, I don’t wildly overpay - but I’m well past the point of haggling over 50/100 reais ($10-$20 dollars). And I tip the boys  in addition when the service is really good, which is typically the case.

Most of us lead an incredibly privileged life with disposable income and the ability to travel the world.  It’s a good thing to help others less fortunate whenever & however we can.  I’m not judging those who think differently - it’s just how I operate both in the US & abroad.  This goes for hotel housekeeping, wait staff & anyone I come in contact that provides extraordinary service.  The 2020 per capita income in Brazil is less than US $8000 - think about that.  Same with Dominican Republic.

If the American identity is a problem - just say you’re from some other English speaking country.

Manny, specially as the middleman in DR is an entirely separate conversation re: payment for services.  That gets down to your own comfort/tolerance re: personal safety with unknown people in a questionable environment.  It’s just not the same as going into a Brazilian sauna where there are layers of protection for customers.

My feeling is that generally, people are entitled to charge what customers are willing to pay. Obviously there are distortions when there's only one seller, but that doesn't seem to be the case in Santo Domingo. I'm certainly not well off, but for me $100 for time with a beautiful man is not unreasonable.

• Members

@SlvkguyI think I DO agree with you. In principal at least. Haggling about 10 or 20 dollars is nasty... And what happens when one is happy with his 5 dollar lower rate? He'll end up with a shitty date, haha! I was more aiming at these 60-100 dollar rates, where a normal rate would be 20-40. On top of that fixer fees. Wast of money imo.

@Riobardor should I say...Professor Riobard! Wow, what a mathematical break down of price elasticity :-)!!!. You are right: it's an open, moving market, there is'nt a 'standard' rate. Maybe a 'common rate' is a better phrase. Simply a shout out to my respected forum members: don't get screwed (outside the bed room that is)

love!

Manny is scamming Americans. He speaks English and Americans fall for his trap.  He's a taxi driver that fancys himself a tour guide.

Dominican sex is 1500 - 2500 pesos PERIODT. The later the evening, the cheaper the pay.

Most of the buggerones he gets; he got from US.  WE took him to Narcizio's Brothel.  Then he gets Narcizo's boys photos and phone number and UP charge outrageous prices.

At Narcizo's Brothel they are only 1500 pesos.

He brings them to the Colonial Zone and asks for $3000+. PLUS Pesos for him????

You've been HAD!  Besides, I never seen Manny bring clients in Marlowe's.  

Hell, you can get Gangbanged in Marlowes by 5 men for $100.  481f7e2e1cd5fa8e8462781447a8aa34.gif.4ed4815d245e07d15694489ffd8045e9.gif

• Members

It’s been mentioned before that Marlowe’s has a back room where activities fo on. It’s even listed / alluded to at its description on Google Maps (“with back room”).

Manny is not a “scammer”. His service isn’t for everyone. On the scale  of Dominican service providers, he’s very honest and fair. Is he also a capitalist? Sure. But never a scammer.

I’ve known him for 12 years. The guys he procures are not the same as the ones you meet on El Conde, where as a non-regular, you are taking safety and other risks.

A few of Manny’s guys might work at Narciso’s house near Haina, but those at Narciso’s house are also local boys from Haina, a town outside of Santo Domingo. (1) Narciso’s guys tend to skew very twinky, due to Narciso’s own personal tastes, and (2) You’re not going to get too many Haina locals to travel to you in Santo Domingo unless they have paid transportation, which Manny does offer. Also, it’s very rare that Narciso will book a solo visit to his house, because it’s his house where he lives, and it requires work and effort to gather a round of local guys to come by just for one curious onlooker to inspect them and not pay. Also, you’re paying Narciso for his place, plus a fee for each session (on top of the fee you pay the guy). And then there’s drinks and transportation — and in most cases, you as a green newbie will have zero control over what guys — or how many or how few — actually show up.

If you don’t want to use Manny’s service, that’s your prerogative. But there’s no need to falsely defame him by calling him a scammer. 

• Members
11 minutes ago, SolaceSoul said:

It’s been mentioned before that Marlowe’s has a back room where activities fo on. It’s even listed / alluded to at its description on Google Maps (“with back room”).

Manny is not a “scammer”. His service isn’t for everyone. On the scale  of Dominican service providers, he’s very honest and fair. Is he also a capitalist? Sure. But never a scammer.

I’ve known him for 12 years. The guys he procures are not the same as the ones you meet on El Conde, where as a non-regular, you are taking safety and other risks.

A few of Manny’s guys might work at Narciso’s house near Haina, but those at Narciso’s house are also local boys from Haina, a town outside of Santo Domingo. (1) Narciso’s guys tend to skew very twinky, due to Narciso’s own personal tastes, and (2) You’re not going to get too many Haina locals to travel to you in Santo Domingo unless they have paid transportation, which Manny does offer. Also, it’s very rare that Narciso will book a solo visit to his house, because it’s his house where he lives, and it requires work and effort to gather a round of local guys to come by just for one curious onlooker to inspect them and not pay. Also, you’re paying Narciso for his place, plus a fee for each session (on top of the fee you pay the guy). And then there’s drinks and transportation — and in most cases, you as a green newbie will have zero control over what guys — or how many or how few — actually show up.

If you don’t want to use Manny’s service, that’s your prerogative. But there’s no need to falsely defame him by calling him a scammer. 

Just for the record, I started this topic merely to update Manny’s fees. I don’t think he’s a scammer nor he’s overcharging. If he’s charging much more than before, maybe it’s just business being good or/and inflation. So instead of dissing or defending him, anyone please just confirm his new fee structures so our fellow travelers can have reliable and up-to-date information? 

• Members

There is no new fee structure. It has always been variable. I just found my ‘zap history with him. It alone was very entertaining and reminded me of my overall satisfaction. For example, he showed be DOP1,500-2,000 guys I wouldn’t be willing to pay anything for and I showed him images of locals, some of whom he knew, for whom I would agreeably pay 10,000; his cut would be at his discretion. We always found middle ground and even that amounted to a range that would be perplexing to many that don’t live inside my brain’s erotic template. By temporal investment he earned a small fraction of my income/time and I could never have endured the same degree of essentially ‘on-call’ task-hopping. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Riobard said:

There is no new fee structure. It has always been variable. I just found my ‘zap history with him. It alone was very entertaining and reminded me of my overall satisfaction. For example, he showed be DOP1,500-2,000 guys I wouldn’t be willing to pay anything for and I showed him images of locals, some of whom he knew, for whom I would agreeably pay 10,000; his cut would be at his discretion. We always found middle ground and even that amounted to a range that would be perplexing to many that don’t live inside my brain’s erotic template. By time invested he earned a small fraction of my income. 

Thx for the clarification. Seems he’s not much an ‘honest businessman’ after all. Lol. Just kidding. Possible to share the range you paid and the reasons behind? Many thx. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

Thx for the clarification. Seems he’s not much an ‘honest businessman’ after all. Lol. Just kidding. Possible to share the range you paid and the reasons behind? Many thx. 

I give up. I cannot make you grasp the point. Where the guy and I see eye to eye is that as dealer:consumer a Love-Bug and Eldorado have unequal worth objectively, while conceding that subjectivity rules. Doing what you ask would be a poor use of my time, would not illuminate what others should expect going forward, and would amount to my contradicting my own philosophy and agreeing to reside in a world of absurdity. It doesn’t mean my view is superior, just different strokes. LOL

• Members

Am I mistaken? I always thought the meaning of this forum is to share information and experiences. I respect people who want to keep certain things to themselves but I appreciate much more those who share hardcore info. No offense but I tend to skip philosophical discussion and psychological analysis here. They get me bored to death. It’s just me. Any contribution should be welcomed. 

• Members
12 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

Am I mistaken? I always thought the meaning of this forum is to share information and experiences. I respect people who want to keep certain things to themselves but I appreciate much more those who share hardcore info. No offense but I tend to skip philosophical discussion and psychological analysis here. They get me bored to death. It’s just me. Any contribution should be welcomed. 

Yes. This suggests that you are driven to BOTH determine an invariant predictable fee structure that has proven to be elusive … otherwise, why does this thread and others like it exist … AND dictate the terms of reference of contribution style such that the agenda is similarly constricted … on an anonymous social media platform! It’s not indicative of a character flaw but you may be sleeping, not dead, and endlessly dreaming. 

Endlessdream,

U r neither the first nor the last to be exasperated by Riobard's endless incomprehensible verbosity.

He doesn't believe in making himself understood by his interlocutors. It's the hallmark of people in love with their own voice (in this case - his own writings).

I'm an intellectual with a PhD in social science. I've long since tired of trying to decipher him.

To the point at hand:

U can see the price range with and without Manny, earlier in this thread or in the other SD one.

When I visit again, I promise to report in a useful manner. (-:

• Members
56 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

[Snip] Good to know that not only are you on to my MO, but that all will be resolved, with one solid price range delineated, and not a range in range. According to you, you will corroborate or not what is apparently already clear as you assert, but may be now altered based on one single communication between a procurer and inquirer. Therefore, all that will be required to progress somewhat, going forward, is that somebody with an interest possibly ranging from a rural-type brothel to a curated brokered urban model will outline the cost of specific transactions that will surely be very representative of the reality any punter can come to expect, all this while seeking types according to phallic preferences, etc, already alluded to, as if stratification has no bearing on cost. If I would only just cooperate and add to the broadly expanding data set rather than dancing around it. Good thing you have that D’d level field research going for you. ;>]

Really guys, if you operate exclusively on a binary of fairness vs gullible exploitation there should be enough monetary info already presented here to define that threshold. If you seek justification for a deviation in a theoretical standard rate, it seems to me the only party capable of legitimizing the change is the provider. Good luck driving yourself bonkers. I can appreciate that a desire to stand firm on a red line is uncomfortable unless it’s clear everybody shares the acceptable limit; they don’t. 

• Members
17 hours ago, Half-vaccinated said:

Manny is scamming Americans. He speaks English and Americans fall for his trap.  He's a taxi driver that fancys himself a tour guide.

——————-

Response: So, not half-baked only in inoculation … 

• Members
1 hour ago, 12is12 said:

Endlessdream,

U r neither the first nor the last to be exasperated by Riobard's endless incomprehensible verbosity.

He doesn't believe in making himself understood by his interlocutors. It's the hallmark of people in love with their own voice (in this case - his own writings).

I'm an intellectual with a PhD in social science. I've long since tired of trying to decipher him.

To the point at hand:

U can see the price range with and without Manny, earlier in this thread or in the other SD one.

When I visit again, I promise to report in a useful manner. (-:

Thank you. I’m sure his writing has its merits. I just never had the patience to read it through. I’m looking for other kind of information here. 

4 hours ago, SolaceSoul said:

He's a Scammer TO ME!  I've known him since 2012 and your word is Not Gospel.  Everything in the Colonial Zone is on the Take.

I Do Not Recommend Him! And from what I've heard; his boys barely get hard and they put out Rushed Services.   NOBODY use mannys services but unsuspecting visitors.  Save yourself the frustration.  

Narciszo's Brothel have Boys of all shapes and sizes. One Chocolate guy was clearly 250 with a Fat Strong Bone.  Another heavy lightskinned stud was 230 with a upward turned pole.  Go to the DR and have a ball.  But, always be careful.  

• Members
3 minutes ago, Half-vaccinated said:

He's a Scammer TO ME!  I've known him since 2012 and your word is Not Gospel.  Everything in the Colonial Zone is on the Take.

I Do Not Recommend Him! And from what I've heard; his boys barely get hard and they put out Rushed Services.   NOBODY use mannys services but unsuspecting visitors.  Save yourself the frustration.  

Narciszo's Brothel have Boys of all shapes and sizes. One Chocolate guy was clearly 250 with a Fat Strong Bone.  Another heavy lightskinned stud was 230 with a upward turned pole.  Go to the DR and have a ball.  But, always be careful.  

Millimetres? Kilos? Pounds? DOP? Ambiguity is the lynchpin of scamming. 

• Members
10 minutes ago, Half-vaccinated said:

Any contacts of Narciszo’s? Can one just show up like that?

• Members
1 hour ago, endlessdream said:

Any contacts of Narciszo’s? Can one just show up like that?

No, you can’t just show up. It’s Narciso’s home — so try to have some respect. He doesn't use WhatsApp or any online services. He has to make preparations (usually at least the day before), and invite local guys over. He lives outside of the town of Haina, and a lot of the guys require transportation to get to his place. Some even require someone like Manny to pick them up and take them there. Narciso is an elderly retired man who’s living his best life. 

You have a better shot booking a trip through someone who knows him and knows how to get there, and only if you’re going in a group (2 or more clients). 

• Members
1 hour ago, Half-vaccinated said:

Do Not Recommend Him! And from what I've heard; his boys barely get hard and they put out Rushed Services.   

This has not been a problem for me or any of my friends who regularly travel there. 

1 hour ago, Half-vaccinated said:

NOBODY use mannys services but unsuspecting visitors. 

Most of Manny’s business are regular, repeat customers — heterosexual and gay. If you have been going there for 10 years, surely you would know this, 

3 hours ago, 12is12 said:

In Riobards own words....."range that would be perplexing to many that don’t live inside my brain’s erotic template"

I met him in Sao Paulo just at the onset of Covid when flights were being cancelled and we were discussing getting out while we could or wait and while we buried the hatchet, his writings make my eyes glaze over. He is a nice friendly guy though.....

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but more street than book smarts I guess 😆