Latbear4blk

Medellin, Colombia, April 9/17 2022

• Members
5 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

This place has totally displaced Brazil from my top interests.

Do you think a big part of that has to do with the fact that you are fluent in Spanish?

The reason Brazil grew so quickly on me is that the language is something that I can learn whereas Thai was just something that was never going to happen.  With each trip to Brazil my Portuguese has improved and with it new opportunities have become available.

• Members
7 minutes ago, Novarunner said:

Do you think a big part of that has to do with the fact that you are fluent in Spanish?

The reason Brazil grew so quickly on me is that the language is something that I can learn whereas Thai was just something that was never going to happen.  With each trip to Brazil my Portuguese has improved and with it new opportunities have become available.

As I said in a previous response, I am confident it has to be with language. It is too soon to know whether there is something else. 

• Members
11 hours ago, Latbear4blk said:

The Costeño was again a sensation. He started to “perrear” and everyone wanted to have some of him. Here you can see a little bit of him in action.

Cinco estrellas por el uso de "perrear". Meurto de risas :)

This is the funniest of spanish expressions and I am laughing my ass off while reading this.

My apologies for the multiple posts..the system hung on my while loading.

• Members

The Costeño was again a sensation. He started to “perrear” and everyone wanted to have some of him. Here you can see a little bit of him in action.

This is the funniest of spanish expressions and I am laughing my ass off while reading this.

• Members

• Members

• Members

Hmmm..Should I learn Spanish or Portuguese? I am in my late 50's and want to learn a brand new language solely for the purpose of meeting(pay to play) hot guys, flirting and getting laid.  Which one is a better choice?  Spanish or Portuguese?

• Members
6 hours ago, scott456 said:

Hmmm..Should I learn Spanish or Portuguese? I am in my late 50's and want to learn a brand new language solely for the purpose of meeting(pay to play) hot guys, flirting and getting laid.  Which one is a better choice?  Spanish or Portuguese?

The choice depends in your interests. If you are a Brazil fan, go for Portuguese. However, be aware that your new second language will be useless out of Brazil, Portugal, and a few places in Africa. Spanish gives you more options. However, who cares about all the options if your bond to Brazilian saunas is unbreakable? 

It should not be a tough decision if you know what you want.

On 4/16/2022 at 2:26 PM, Latbear4blk said:

Leave your question for the connoisseurs, this was my first time here and Instill have much to learn. 
But I am puzzled by your comment about my lack of explicitness. Let me be clear. I am absolutely in love with Medellin, its culture, and its inhabitants. I plan to continue visiting as often as possible, and will be making plans to settle down here for part of the year after retirement. This place has totally displaced Brazil from my top interests.
I hope that is explicit enough.

Sounds like you had good ole time.

🙋

I wanna go next time.  Brazil and D.R. is fun, but Columbian guys are Thick Thick.

• Members
On 4/15/2022 at 3:30 PM, Lonnie said:

Thanks floridarob for the tip...I have the yellow fever vaccine for a trip a few years ago in Africa...I believe you don't need a booster but I'll have to check.

As an experienced hand in travel to Brazil isn't there an airline from NY that has a stop in Colombia? I mostly use Delta either getting or using my miles.

If you have an International Certificate version for Yellow Fever vaccination it likely states 10-year expiry or ‘lifetime’. Not too long ago the World Health Council adopted a resolution such that no booster for folks in this category is obligated to enter any country; 10-year status is equivalent to lifetime.

That said, many countries vaccinate to control spread domestically, not to facilitate travel of their citizens to nations with entry requirements. They may get fractionated doses that suffice as long as uptake is widespread, and receive a domestic certificate, and may need or get boosters, etc. It’s complicated and variable though this aspect is not relevant to Board members here unless they get Yellow Fever vaccination in a country with less than the international certification standard.