18past19

Moonlight models

Just now, vinapu said:

I went there yesterday at about 10 pm. Several patrons, most of them drinking in 2 circles with modes and floor boys. Floor guys are rotating  on the stage two at the time. Proud to see that from 3 of them I went for prayer sessions in the past with 3, 2 of them were in different bars then. 

5 models including new one who looked a bit shy. Tum, Babe, Smart, Nest  being other 4. Nicky showed in customer capacity. All models received baht garland. Show well choreographed and executed but like Jupiter and Dreamboys volume waaaaaaay to loud.

If you want be deaf, be their guest. I think it,s bordering on idiotic what those 3 bars are doing sound wise and it, s only matter of time when I start actively advocate NOT to visit those bars letting them die slow and painful death. 

I was relieved when after 1.5 hrs inside I left to silence of Bangokok busy streets.

I  did not take anybody  although had somebody sitting with me but my sincere offer 3000 LT was dismissed even if I truly claimed the this is all I had on me only to be advised than I can pay in dollars.

So left empty handed but by time I got to hotel thanks to  power of Line I had somebody waiting in the lobby sparing me advices about paying in currencies other than baht. 

So as  for Moonlight  models  are still good looking and performing, floor boys partially familiar but good looking  and well built but music volume idiotic so make your own call. 

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

Show well choreographed and executed but like Jupiter and Dreamboys volume waaaaaaay to loud.

If you want be deaf, be their guest. I think it,s bordering on idiotic what those 3 bars are doing sound wise and it, s only matter of time when I start actively advocate NOT to visit those bars letting them die slow and painful death

If anyone does leave or decide not to enter a bar due to the music volume, do tell them why.    Eventually they might learn.

Another option is to head off to Mr DIY and get some large ear defenders before the next visit, which would protect your hearing, make it easier to ignore the mamasan and send the right kind of message to the bar management.

Fortunately, the excessive music volume is typically confined to bars with the type of boy that doesn't interest me at all.    The good bars like Screw Boys and Fresh Boys tend not to turn the volume up to 11.      Lucky Boys is perhaps an exception, with loud music and some nice boys, but thankfully I can find boys elsewhere, so they lose my business (or that's how it was when I last saw them open).

dmeu_y4237133_01_std.lang.all.jpg

It, s like they read my comments because I paid repeated visit last night in order to pick up some companion and volume was down so we could even talk. Only 3 models on duty, Babe, Mark and Smart. 8 boys in rotation. All offable so 2 minutes after my arrival, only 7 left

After model parade we left leaving audience of about 10 for he show. 

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

I did not off any of the models. Too heavy on my wallet.

This was the answer when I asked one of floor guys who could easily qualify for model rank why he is not there - he said they are so expensive that are not offed to often .

I add from myself that because of low turnover - names you listed were there 4 years ago already, I offed Tam back in Sept 2017 they may be loosing their luster even if they still mostly look great although I'm not only one who is not fan of Babe's new , improved formula, look.  

I see that Moonlight posted a video from Saturday night

https://www.facebook.com/MoonlightBangkok/videos/976617829654662

You get a very clear view of the models physiques in it.

(It may only be viewable if you are logged in to Facebook)

Two things that struck me.

-the first guy that appears in it- he really looks like a "luk krung" to me in that video. Turned out to be a handsome combination in his case anyway, if that is the case.

-as you watch the video, you can see there is a guy standing at the front of the stage putting garlands of ten 1000 (or is it 500?) baht notes on most of the dancers. Not all, however. I wonder if he is staff or a customer. Seems like too much a an assembly line operation for a customer to do so...

• Members
2 hours ago, forrestreid said:

I see that Moonlight posted a video from Saturday night

https://www.facebook.com/MoonlightBangkok/videos/976617829654662

You get a very clear view of the models physiques in it.

(It may only be viewable if you are logged in to Facebook)

Two things that struck me.

-the first guy that appears in it- he really looks like a "luk krung" to me in that video. Turned out to be a handsome combination in his case anyway, if that is the case.

-as you watch the video, you can see there is a guy standing at the front of the stage putting garlands of ten 1000 (or is it 500?) baht notes on most of the dancers. Not all, however. I wonder if he is staff or a customer. Seems like too much a an assembly line operation for a customer to do so...

Very good quality video indeed, better than what we usually get. 

I would easily off some of them, but if they really just made 10 X 1000, (more than 1/2 of a waiter's monthly salary!) will they be keen to go with any customer at all?

Unless of course, they don't get to keep that garland...

18 hours ago, spoon said:

What do u mean by luk krung?

To quote Wikipedia:

"Luk khrueng (Thai: ลูกครึ่ง, literally "half-child") is a colloquial Thai term referring to a person whose parents are of different nationalities".

In the specific example above, I thought the guy in question looked like he had a European father and a Thai mother, or vice versa.

23 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

I would easily off some of them, but if they really just made 10 X 1000, (more than 1/2 of a waiter's monthly salary!) will they be keen to go with any customer at all?

Unless of course, they don't get to keep that garland...

That garland is just symbolic. It's worth 1000B only and the receiver, I heard, gets to keep 750B out of it.

I noticed, like if Day 1, models A and B got the garland, then Day 2, models C and D got it, and so forth. Sometimes, models A got 2 garlands on Day 1, or he got another garland on Day 2. So my guess is that: the first one on Day 1 was staged by the bar. Any extra one on the same day or those on other days were actually from customers.

• Members
On 6/12/2022 at 7:31 PM, forrestreid said:

there is a guy standing at the front of the stage putting garlands of ten 1000 (or is it 500?) baht notes on most of the dancers.

Now that @Min explained and that I looked more closely at the color of the banknotes it is obvious. They are definitely 100 bahts, so the total of each garland is only 1000.

I have off’ed most of them except one or two. according to what i understood from them and from mamasan is that they do really receive their shares which is 800 baht (and 200 baht goes to the bar) from each garland. many said they prefer 1000 baht note instead of the garland. 

32 minutes ago, 18past19 said:

I have off’ed most of them except one or two. according to what i understood from them and from mamasan is that they do really receive their shares which is 800 baht (and 200 baht goes to the bar) from each garland. many said they prefer 1000 baht note instead of the garland. 

You really are a big Moonlight supporter!