SCOOT out of Gatwick ?

Thank you for the report Jimbillp👍.

As for my checks

BKK ==> London punctuality looks good.    

London ==> BKK is mostly on time, but I've seen delays of 1.24 and 2:04 hours.   This is still far faster than some of the indirect options, so not a deal breaker.

The Scoot Premium on a direct flight is the main attraction.   

Thai doesn't offer it.  

EVA isn't running to BKK, although they do now run to Taiwan several times a week

I don't think BA offer Premium either, but in any case, they are on my non-preferred carriers list.

How did you own in flight entertainment work ?      

I'm assuming the way to do it is to place a tablet or laptop on the table, so that if you fall asleep when watching it, it doesn't end up on the floor ?

Return leg just completed.  Fast check in. Took off only about 15 mins late.  Scoot plus as described before, a premium economy seat with basic frills.  
30 mb free Wi-Fi worked.  The meal included is basically one of those 99 baht 7 eleven microwave deals! Take snacks and all good  

in flight entertainment. Well, you do get one of those lift up from the are rests trays you could use, or you could wrap your tablet in bubble wrap, or even let it potentially slide all of 50 cm to a carpeted floor!

only downer was the hour wait for baggage, but that’s Gatwick’s screw up not Scoot.

All in all delighted with what I got for £830 direct flight return.  However I see in next few months they are charging around double that no doubt capitalising on their lack of competition for direct flights. 

19 hours ago, Jimbillp said:

However I see in next few months they are charging around double that no doubt capitalising on their lack of competition for direct flights. 

A combination of reasons:

1. In the next few months (July and August) flights always go up. UK family holiday season.

2. Many people haven’t been abroad for a couple of years and may have some money to spare. Airlines are taking advantage of this.

Overall, if you can avoid the high season, prices in Economy aren’t too bad. 

The premium class was full. It’s only 18 seats.  The rest looked about 75%.  Interesting the best economy seats they charge more for including front row with leg room were empty both directions.  Seems opting for the £200 ticket at the back very popular.