numazu

Bangkok Boy bars best days to go

in my opinion if there's any difference it will be Sunday as some bars appeared to be poorer staffed ( and attended ) on Sunday evenings in the days past.

Now with the covid restrictions on  inflows from neighboring countries  it's hard to gauge what will happen  by July.

Just go and see what happens like most of us in recent months, it looks that very few if any returned home disappointed , certainly not my humble case

The weekends have been doing ok in Patpong.   Soi 4 seems full everynight.  Grinder full 24 hours a day. 
A mutual friend of ours went to Fake Club last night and said packed.    The entertainment is here. You might just have to look a bit harder.   Though I think the difference from today till July will be much better I’m sure.  As soon as they open the border crossings the supply of company will go way up.      
And hotel and Airbnb prices are great.   

I’ve never really understood “best time to go” discussions re; saunas.  I’ve been to Termas/BCN, Pointe202 & 117 Rio on almost every day of week when open and at all times.  I actually prefer when less busy - nothing more irritating than waiting for a cabine or boy of choice.  Typical for me is to arrive shortly after they open, have a few drinks and survey the situation as customers and garotos arrive.  I’ve already chosen my boys in ranked preference and can move quickly while others are still deciding.  And, the old cliche is that it really only takes one boy to make a successful outing has always held true. 

I’ve been visiting rentboy saunas since 2002 with Pointe202 as the first. While there have been changes, the basics are still the same. Socializing with the other customers and the boys is a big part of the experience and for me, that doesn’t require a crowd. In fact, it’s been easier when lightly to moderately crowded. The worst is when it’s packed with the local customers because they are the regulars with the boys and then there’s completion for the best ones.  The tourists may pay more but they all know most of us leave within a few days.

I also think how i experience the saunas has more to do with the energy and attitude I bring to the situation vs the number of boys and/or other clients.  I’ve had some of the best times when I was the one of the few customers and the boys just wanted to joke around and have lighthearted fun. Most of them have a great sense of humor and will engage quickly with an agreeable and not so serious gringo. 

As for competition from internet and it’s impact of the sauna model - I haven’t seen it.  Nothing replaces seeing the boys in person, the hard dicks and chemistry. I think in all the years, I’ve maybe had one or two boys that were a let down in the cabine.  Factor in the safety provided in the sauna and that most respectable Brazilian hotels don’t allow visitors & the saunas are a clear winner.

yes, I know this origin thread was about Thailand - but the “best time to go” discussion is universal.

Haven’t heard about new Fragata ??  Would be most appreciative of any information as I’m going SP next week.

3 hours ago, Slvkguy said:

yes, I know this origin thread was about Thailand - but the “best time to go” discussion is universal.

Still hoping that the subject can be kept in Thailand, I appreciate any info from people who actually are there now or have been there recently.

As for competition from internet and it’s impact of the sauna model - I haven’t seen it.  

This response is more appropriate in the Latin thread.  But, this is a known effect of the internet, even in Thailand.  I've known countless boys who never ever think of setting foot in a sauna because they feel "dezvalorizado" or devalued in the saunas. They don't like how 'some' clients treat them in the sauna (talk to them for hours, ask to show the goods, lay hands on them aggressively, waste their time, and still not go out with them or pay them). In websites, they do get bombarded by countless requests for pics, but at least they are in the comfort of their own homes, they can attend to all hours, and it pays more. The saunas will always be a venue for the ones who need instant cash, and for those who don't want their pics out there in public due to privacy concerns, but generally there are countless more non-sauna boys out there who are available. Even the gogo boys who would normally would ply their wares at the sauna wouldn't do it because of their feeling that the sauna is just a constant series humiliations for them, but would gladly go out with a client if the interest (i,e. money) is there. 

Nothing replaces seeing the boys in person, the hard dicks and chemistry. I think in all the years, I’ve maybe had one or two boys that were a let down in the cabine.  Factor in the safety provided in the sauna and that most respectable Brazilian hotels don’t allow visitors & the saunas are a clear winner.

While yes visually the saunas are really where its at, I find having sex in the saunas to be non-ideal. Cleanliness, quality of facilities, and sometimes the stress levels of the boys (that you expect to perform for you) because of having to ply their wares for hours, doing many programas, before they get to you affect the quality of the experience. While the popular days of the week (especially at the end of the month when the rent and child support is due) in the saunas make it hard to get available rooms to do the deed, I find that more boys go on these days that don't go on slower days like Sundays (because there are fewer clients) appear on the popular days, and if I can't go out with them in the saunas, I get their numbers and set up a rendezvous later, in the comfort of my own apartment, and maybe grabbing a bite to eat and enjoying the city I am visiting. Lately, I've found myself not taking boys to the suites on the day I see them, and just meet them after or the day after and get to know them more.

I also think how i experience the saunas has more to do with the energy and attitude I bring to the situation vs the number of boys and/or other clients.

I think this is obvious, and attitude is everything. I am merely asking about best days to go with the larger number of boys in the week, in the Bangkok boy bars.

There, I derailed my own thread lol.

On to Thailand:

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

in my opinion if there's any difference it will be Sunday as some bars appeared to be poorer staffed ( and attended ) on Sunday evenings in the days past.

12 hours ago, paulsf said:

The weekends have been doing ok in Patpong.   Soi 4 seems full everynight.  Grinder full 24 hours a day. 

Thanks you two for this. and i miss both of you! i do intend to go to Soi 4 since I've had great memories in the past.

5 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

The boys will be excited to see you!

4 hours ago, Lucky said:

Hell, I'd be excited to see @numazu!!!

Looks like there will be a lot of excitement to go around!

Any more tips? I am looking forward to this trip.  Any Phuket tips as well?

35 minutes ago, numazu said:

I think this is obvious, and attitude is everything.

Lol - I understand the points except the quote above.  While it may to obvious to you, it’s a mystery to most - as evidenced by all the various complaints here about one thing or another.

Pre-covid, I would have said any night of the week was good to go to Bangkok boy bars, on the grounds that once you find the right bar, there will be a good selection.

On the most recent trip, I didn't find any day of the week when it was worth going to the Bangkok boy bars.    None had a selection of twinks and the dress code was also a problem.   

I found my dates on the phone apps and when I wanted a drink, I'd go to Soi4.  

5 hours ago, z909 said:

On the most recent trip, I didn't find any day of the week when it was worth going to the Bangkok boy bars.    None had a selection of twinks and the dress code was also a problem.   

I must be less picky because in Decemeber only days when I left bar empty handed were those when I had other arrangements done already. And even  I took cute twink  from Dreamboys and to eternal shame on me I liked the experience.

I agree about dress code (boys in jeans ) but luckily I find them sexy probably because I never wear jeans myself.

As for best time to go I always generally say 'now', busy season means more boys  but also more customers thus less choice

Like @vinapu I rarely go  out and find nothing. But, I have not been bar hopping in Bangkok in quite some time. However, if I remember correctly @numazu is not shy when it comes to apps and they have been VERY busy as of late. Their is a big build up in offerings which I think will crescendo to everyone's delight when Numazu arrives. :)

14 hours ago, numazu said:

On to Thailand:

Thanks you two for this. and i miss both of you! i do intend to go to Soi 4 since I've had great memories in the past.

Looks like there will be a lot of excitement to go around!

Any more tips? I am looking forward to this trip.  Any Phuket tips as well?

A boy I was with in Phuket 2 weeks ago mentioned the Paradise Complex bars are busiest on Friday and Saturday, YMMV depending on the types of guys you like but I wasn't finding much action there. I would focus on Bangkok or Pattaya for boy fun, and Phuket for beaches and touristy things.

I've got a live-ish trip report going right now, second post is a summary of the Phuket scene. Might be of interest if you haven't seen it already.

• Members
19 hours ago, numazu said:

While yes visually the saunas are really where its at, I find having sex in the saunas to be non-ideal. Cleanliness, quality of facilities, and sometimes the stress levels of the boys (that you expect to perform for you) because of having to ply their wares for hours, doing many programas, before they get to you affect the quality of the experience. While the popular days of the week (especially at the end of the month when the rent and child support is due) in the saunas make it hard to get available rooms to do the deed, I find that more boys go on these days that don't go on slower days like Sundays (because there are fewer clients) appear on the popular days, and if I can't go out with them in the saunas, I get their numbers and set up a rendezvous later, in the comfort of my own apartment, and maybe grabbing a bite to eat and enjoying the city I am visiting. Lately, I've found myself not taking boys to the suites on the day I see them, and just meet them after or the day after and get to know them more.

To each his own. 

To me, sauna boys (or  GP in Brazil) are there to serve my sexual purpose only.  I am not interested in developing lingering affairs with them.  I don't speak Thais, don't speak Portuguese, am not interested in boy's stories including their grandmas are in hospitals and need money for surgeries.  I don't want to pretend to be interested in their immature lives, most of them can be my sons or even grandsons.  I am not interested in sharing my bed with strangers overnight when I sleep.  I don't want to constantly watch out for thefts. 

3 hours ago, scott456 said:

I am not interested in sharing my bed with strangers overnight when I sleep.  I don't want to constantly watch out for thefts. 

then perhaps best course is to stay home.

In Thailand theft is not a problem, speaking from personal experience and yes 19 out 20 night I share my bed with stranger overnight when I sleep

On 4/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, numazu said:

So, I'm finally planning my long-awaited return to Thailand. I'm looking to go around July time,

Damn!  

I'm planning a visit the first week in August.  I can only hope there are some boys left over after Whirlwind Numazu clears town.  I've been in his slipstream on previous visits - he is one of this forum's pre-Covid stars (well deserved).  Numazu, I hope your visit exceeds your expectations.  I'll do my best to console those you will leave behind.