numazu

Bangkok Boy bars best days to go

Alrightey guys. I just concluded a multi-week Europe trip and now am planning my Thailand trip in earnest. I have multiple goals for the trip (both bar and boy reasons and life reasons), but it looks like I'd like to try Pattaya for ONE night and would like to know how recent trip goers have fared there. 

I was surprised to hear that a boy in my past (and some of you have met this boy) is still working at a bar there, and he has told me that things are more or less back to normal at his bar. That made me decide to at least devote one night there this trip.  Some of you may have known this already. Another boy from my past is still working at Moonlight. Looks like time has stood still.

So how is the bar landscape in Pattaya? I like boys, and bars with shows, so what's it like there now?

I left Pattaya in March and things were returning to normal then.

In brief:

Sunne Plaza very quiet. See other reports about Gogo bars there.

Boyztown, was also quiet although I read that Gogo bars have reopened. I would hope things there have improved.

Jomtien Complex. Thriving. At least 30 bars open in March. Numerous massage parlours operating. At least 3 or 4 bars with shows. JC highly recommended.

Are you really going there for one night?? 

I was in Pattaya 3 weeks ago for 4 days, confirm gerefan's findings about Jomtien Complex, in Sunee Nice boys are still operating and Winners are now to regular go-go format

In Boyztown 4 go-go are operating  BBB, ABomb, X-Boys and Dreamboys , BBB has the show as well as Castro does. There's host bar Pickety (name ? ) opposide BBB where Oscars used to be , Panorama also opened Scandic massage was opened throughout covid , Paradise in the same soi ABomb is  back in business. 

In short , news about Pattaya boy scene death are greatly exaggerated , rebounded nicely 

Numazu if you are really going to Pattaya for just one day, stay in Copa or Classrooms and do Grand tour of 4 Boyztown bars , you will find somebody for sure

16 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

That is a glass half empty perspective of looking at things!

glass half full part is that recently I survived three Tuesdays in row and really did not notice I had any problems of finding somebody to embrace 11 pm  to 7 am  

34 minutes ago, vinapu said:

that improves our odds of getting whom we want 

11 minutes ago, vinapu said:

glass half full part is that recently I survived three Tuesdays in row and really did not notice I had any problems of finding somebody to embrace 11 pm  to 7 am  

Oops. I think i used the term wrongly. I should have written glass half full. Did you get a guy every night? Wow!

26 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

Oops. I think i used the term wrongly. I should have written glass half full. Did you get a guy every night? Wow!

yes, most temples are closed at night so what  I'm supposed to do, sleep alone ? I'd never cure my jet lag if I did that.

Thanks for clarification because I was wondering what you have in mind, I always look at sunny side of things.

50 minutes ago, vinapu said:

that improves our odds of getting whom we want 

45 minutes ago, Slvkguy said:

my thoughts exactly 

It's a double-edged sword right? I was at Thermas in Barcelona last week on a Wednesday and it was deserted. A handful of boys and clients were at the premises, and the general consensus was if the clients don't come, most boys don't as well.  Which makes sense. The boys are not fixed employees, and they won't come if there are no clients. Even worse with the entry fee for the boys, which is also true in the Brazil saunas. I may be wrong but it is different in the Bangkok bars right? The boys get a cut every night for showing up? I may not be recalling this right.

Still, yes, the premise is sound. You will get your pick of the litter if there is fewer competition. I make the most of it when I am in any establishment (exception was Sauna GO.63 in Sao Luis, Maranhao in Brasil - 2021 was not a good year for that sauna), and tend to get some fun out of the emptiest of bars. I remember when Brazil first reopened in July 29, 2020 - I immediately went to Rio a few days later. I found a deserted Ponte 202 in Copacabana on a Saturday with only 3 boys and only me as a client. So drank and partied with all 3 in the premises and they shared with me how tough the pandemic was. I think I had a threesome with 2 of them and tipped the third guy. That was fun.

21 hours ago, gerefan said:

Are you really going there for one night?? 

Yes for only one night. I have a jam-packed schedule for that next trip and it took me some clever maneuvering to even get one night in Pattaya. But I intend to make the most of it. My days of luxuriating in Thailand for weeks at a time have ended. There is so much more of the world to see.

17 hours ago, vinapu said:

In short , news about Pattaya boy scene death are greatly exaggerated , rebounded nicely 

Numazu if you are really going to Pattaya for just one day, stay in Copa or Classrooms and do Grand tour of 4 Boyztown bars , you will find somebody for sure

Yes, my spy has told me the same thing, that things are more or less fine and I should go, that's why I am trying to go.  And thanks for the tips on where to stay.  I may try Classroom since it is recommended by a few of you here. Looks like I won't be sleeping at all in Pattaya with all that activity!