Keithambrose

Gay Button/Sawatdee

4 minutes ago, Gaybutton said:

For all I know, the problem may have nothing to do with the sanctions and it just as easily could be that something blew out on his server.

In the meantime, if I wish to post, as long as Michael permits me to post here, this is where I'll do my posting for the time being.  

hope you are right that problem is technical , not political

as for posting, why Michael would object ?, you are as good member here as everybody else and I don't believe all three boards are competitors , all filling the same universe

I'm not sure the sanctions have anything to do with the situation; there have been numerous times in the past where Sawatdeenetwork.com has been down, only to magically reappear.

Although having 2 boards down simultaneously is unusual.

But it's too early to worry, imho.

44 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

If you are unable to get the server back up and you need a new host, I'll happily provide that for you for free.

Thank you very much.  I very much appreciate your entire post.  I hope it doesn't come to that, but if it does I will likely take you up on your offer if I decide to continue doing this.  One thing is for sure - I will never use a commercial web host server again.

I've been around for a very long time, even before this board or the Sawatdee board ever existed.  Some may remember the days of the Gay Pattaya and Dreaded Ned boards.  That's when I came into the picture.  I've been doing this ever since 300 baud was considered high speed, when a 20 meg hard drive was the top of high end hardware, and when the precursors of modern boards were run by what we used to refer to as sysops.  So, if it turns out I really have come to the end of the road, I hope it won't be because of something as useless as a war.  Here we are in 2022 and we still have wars?  Anyone care to guess where that appears on my "I Don't Get It" list?

If the problem is something that can be fixed, Moses will get it fixed.

Just have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Gaybutton said:

That is why both boards are currently down.  Both boards on the same server.  If the sanctions have blocked access to his server and if he can't find a way around it, I don't know what will happen, but it doesn't look very good at the moment.

SGT and GB are on different servers, when you got troubles in 2018 (or 2017?) with your board I bought server for it at the same hosting where SGT is located.  Both are located in Canada. They have shared billing, that why they got down both.