De7548

Nude

I am told that some saunas are open. Heaven sauna near the river end of Silom is open. Sauna Mania off Soi Convent is the closest to the gay area but call to double check prices before you go. I am told that pre-covid it had a huge age discrimination policy. Under 50 and the entrance fee was around 280 baht. Over 50 and you'd be stung for 1,500 baht. Mostly Thais and Asians. Chakran sauna off Soi Aree is also open. When it first opened around 2000 it was a classy place attracting quite a few foreigners in addition to young locals. For some years, though, it has been almost exclusively sticky Asian. It was one of the first saunas to have a nude night in part of its facilities. These now seem quite common in those saunas catering mostly to Thais and Asians.

26 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

I am told that pre-covid it had a huge age discrimination policy. Under 50 and the entrance fee was around 280 baht. Over 50 and you'd be stung for 1,500 baht.

A little bit of age discrimination on sauna entry fees is a good thing.    However, 1500 is a little bit steep.   About £34, so more expensive than European saunas.

When I visit saunas in London, about 95% of the people are usually elderly, obese, or usually both.    So there's not much to look at.   The young people use Grindr, rather than pay the £20 entry fee.     It used to be similar going to The Sansuk -no young locals. 

When I visited a gay sauna in Singapore a few years ago, there were 3 tiers of entry fee.   I was in the most expensive price bracket, but it was worth it, as the place was packed full of fit young lads and it was the naked night as well !

9 hours ago, z909 said:

When I visited a gay sauna in Singapore a few years ago, there were 3 tiers of entry fee.   I was in the most expensive price bracket, but it was worth it, as the place was packed full of fit young lads and it was the naked night as well !

I also have very fond memories of a Singapore sauna, but probably going a bit further back.  Around 2000 a small sauna opened off the beaten track in the business district. Named Rairua, the owner seemed to have roughly a similar idea as the owner of Babylon of providing a more upmarket facility - although that has to be seen in relation to what other Singapore saunas offered at the time and it had few of Babylon's facilities. All patrons paid the same entrance fee but you first had to become a member for some very small amount like S$10 (then roughly US$7).

After a couple of years, it opened up the top floor with the showers and cabins as a strictly enforced nude area. No doubt due to its location I never saw many guys there but virtually all were young and fit. The staff, too, were young and very good looking. Just sitting and having coffee was a joy watching all the quite lovely eye candy. Happy memories which sadly ended around 2006 when rising rents in the area forced the owner to close.

In reminds me of the early years of Bangkok's Chakran where sitting in a lounger by the bar enabled you to see a procession of handsome towel clad guys coming own the open stairs opposite or swimming in the small pool. Just to the right was the very large jacuzzi and equally large dark room which became the first nude area. That became very busy!

all Saunas of the R3 group (Sauna Mania, R3 Sauna, BKP, Baan JV) are open and do NOT have any age or nationality discrimination any more. Maybe Covid brought them to their senses. It's cheap too, Mania is 100 or 120 only

As for going naked in Bangkok, Onsens (Yunomori Sukhumvit/Rama 4 and Sathorn Soi 10, Let's Relax Thonglor, Panpuri) are obvious places as nudity is mandatory there. While not gay, there is always eye candy and some gays will often be there. Panpuri seems more gay than others.