Times (UK) Offer for overseas edition.

I just received a link to a Times subscription offer at £1 per month for 12 months.     This is the overseas edition, so UK residents are not eligible & as I'm in the UK at present, it's difficult to sign up.   The offer expires in 26 hours.

Having subscribed before, I can say the overseas edition is nothing special, but for £12 per year, it doesn't have to be. 

To prevent forgetting about it and having auto renewal at the full rate, I suggest putting a reminder in Google Calendars about 48 weeks after subscribing.   Then you can make a decision:  1 Cancel, 2 Ask to cancel and get another discounted offer or 3  Pay the full price.

https://globalstore.thetimes.co.uk/

On 4/19/2022 at 1:26 PM, Lucky said:

Anyone recommend this subscription?

Having tried it before, when on holiday, I would say it's worthwhile only if severely discounted.    It's not exactly packed with content, but £12 per year is good value.    

A couple of years ago, I managed to take out the subscription when in Thailand and they made no attempt to move me onto a UK plan when returning to the UK.   When the special offer expired, I phoned up from the UK to cancel and was offered another discount to continue.   When that expired, I cancelled.

I currently have a far more expensive discounted FT subscription.   That's far better for my needs.