zombie

New Bar Soi 6 : "New Twilight"

49 minutes ago, zombie said:

Further along from Mango Tree restaurant, this new bar opened last night: 2 May.

Whoever the owners are they have put a lot of work into this comfortable place with decent seating etc.There is a show and a selection of boys and staff.

My drink @ Bicardi was 350 baht and only time will tell if  this new establishment will succeed:

Worth a visit!

Thanks for the update.

What are the show? Cabaret, any sexy show like freshboy or other bar. 

Hope more reviews coming soon.

@stijntjeThanks for the update. Let's hope that upcoming relaxed restrictions end up with the guys out of jeans and at least into shorts similar to DreamBoys. It sounds like that might be the intended uniform.

From other reviews, it sounds like a major weakness also is that there are no standout guys that draw people in. While they don't have to all be Moonlight caliber, they need at least one. 

On 5/15/2022 at 10:23 AM, stijntje said:

I visited this new bar yesterday. You can see the owner invested a lot of money.

I see 2 problems with the bar: location and clothing.

The first one is the location: easy to find for regular visitors of the bar scene, but totally impossible to find for newcomers.

The boys were wearing some kind of uniform: jeans, blue shirt and white sneakers. Well, not really a uniform as all had different ones. In other bars, boys are shirtless now.

About 10 boys on stage, average looking. 

Not so many customers, but they had one beside me who ordered bottle of alcohol and was pampered by the staff.

When you've visited Patpong bars, it is worth a visit, but not top priority.

What are the show they offering? Any sexy show like big cock show available there? 

On 5/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, vinapu said:

This is how it looks from outside. Is not that hidden, during day that soi is quite busy with lots of eateries and Silom market.

Today is quiet because of holidays20220516_095021.thumb.jpg.669561479c3de47f1e84eac5c8f051fb.jpg

I was on Soi 6 on Thursday night. But I never could locate this bar...haha I walked from Mango tree restaurant, past prime untill the mstar massage place which is the end of the Soi to the other side. Best part was I couldn't find anything and trudged the way I came back to Soi 2 into dreamboys...lols

5 minutes ago, Slut1215 said:

I was on Soi 6 on Thursday night. But I never could locate this bar...haha I walked from Mango tree restaurant, past prime untill the mstar massage place which is the end of the Soi to the other side. Best part was I couldn't find anything and trudged the way I came back to Soi 2 into dreamboys...lols

I think you have to turn right where the entrance to Mango is located, not following the road to Prime.

Somebody can confirm that for sure ;).

From the photo, I would think it's almost directly across the road from Nature Boys.     However, Vinapu can confirm or correct me.

My link shows a picture of Nature Boys, the same tree that's in the photo and I think the location of this bar is behind us, so just rotate. Occupying the site of one of the Japanese restaurants ?

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.7282258,100.5289136,3a,83.3y,347.24h,94.85t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAxJWdeKz8aHBVIBuFu8Z1A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Board members will have no problem finding this.    Particularly when the owner does the obvious and puts his business on google maps.

The name is a good choice.

2 hours ago, Mateo_37 said:

I think you have to turn right where the entrance to Mango is located, not following the road to Prime.

Somebody can confirm that for sure ;).

correct. It is exactly opposite Nature Boy

On 5/15/2022 at 4:23 AM, stijntje said:

I see 2 problems with the bar: location and clothing.

The first one is the location: easy to find for regular visitors of the bar scene, but totally impossible to find for newcomers.

How much were the drinks ?

If they have clothes on, that's the same as Soi 4, or anywhere else in Bangkok.    So I would gladly pay 100~130 baht for a beer.

If they call it a gogo bar and charge 350~400 baht, they need to get their kit off for me to be a customer.  Others may be more tolerant of this change to the established price/value relationship, but the ongoing GoGo bar poll suggests they may lose customers.    

I hope market forces will result in a change to the dress code for staff.

If it's worth going to, people will find it.   Just as I did with the bar across the road on my first ever trip to Bangkok.

8 hours ago, anddy said:

correct. It is exactly opposite Nature Boy

Thank you for clarifying. Yes after Mango tree is a T junction where I took the left which goes past prime and towards to Mstar side of things.i did consider turning right but examining from the junction, that area was dark and no signboard lights seen at around 9 pm or so. It was probably there. I'd leave that for another trip to explore.

But I was eating straight boys the entire week, I wonder where the gay ones had gone. My friend says they know the queen is coming to BKK hence they are all in hiding....lols

On 5/16/2022 at 11:15 AM, vinapu said:

This is how it looks from outside. Is not that hidden, during day that soi is quite busy with lots of eateries and Silom market.

Today is quiet because of holidays20220516_095021.thumb.jpg.669561479c3de47f1e84eac5c8f051fb.jpg

Looks  nice from the outside. The location is almost exactly where Barbiery moved after leaving Suriwong. I hope that is not an omen. But then the 'new' Barbiery was a totally different less inviting experience inside its second incarnation and died after a relatively short time. It was also on the 3rd floor of a multi-storey rather than at ground level. No doubt that made it difficult to find for first timers.

Thanks for the write up @vinapu I still feel like this bar lacks an identity, but hopefully that will come with time. I love Tawan, Moonlight, Jupiter, and even Fresh Boys as I know almost exactly what I'm going to get.

A guy as you described asking for Moonlight level prices in a place that doesn't even seem to be Dream Boys caliber is a bit concerning. Even DreamBoys hodge podge identity works for me because of the surprise element, but the tips asked for seem much more realistic than what some guys at Twilight may be trying to get.

I'm still hoping that the owner has some surprises for us once restrictions seem to lift more, but I'm starting to feel the pull of this place won't be enough for me to venture out of Tawan and the host bars I plan on visiting while in BKK.

32 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Some staff needs some training, when asked  if I buy 2nd drink for boy sitting with me answer "no, one is enough" was taken as "yes, one more" 

Show without nudity, although some erections were visible through white Aussie Bums and  without lip synching either. 

Drink and boy drink 350, off fee 500, tip quoted by Mamasan 2000 and up, quoted by aspiring model 3000 st 5000 lt.

Boys mostly not a bad looking but to model hood there,s mile or two. No Nut or Babe there yet but bar, boys, staff they all look promising and definitely worth checking. 

3000 st and 5000 lt seems a bit pricey :(, especially for just inspiring models ;)

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Drink and boy drink 350, off fee 500, tip quoted by Mamasan 2000 and up, quoted by aspiring model 3000 st 5000 lt.

Thank you for the visit report.

So they combine a host bar dress code with gogo bar drinks prices ?  

The staff are rather ambitious with their requested tips, particularly in a city where 1500 st is typical on the apps.

Cost to get a boy in my room via an app = 1500 THB st

If I pay what they ask, cost to get a boy in my room from Twilight = 350x2+ 500 + 3000 = 4200 THB (st).    Or more, if they stick extra drinks on your tab, without consent, as reported above.

Going once to have a look makes sense, but for repeat visits, does this semi-gogo/host bar experience offer enough value for the extra 2700 ?

Of course, if they are asking 3000 st, the obvious response is to haggle or leave them there, unless you're talking to the hottest boy in town.  

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

Some staff needs some training, when asked  if I buy 2nd drink for boy sitting with me answer "no, one is enough" was taken as "yes, one more" 

Show without nudity, although some erections were visible through white Aussie Bums and  without lip synching either. 

Boys mostly not a bad looking but to model hood there,s mile or two. No Nut or Babe there yet but bar, boys, staff they all look promising and definitely worth checking. 

Thanks to share this report.

Hope they add in some sexy and nudity show later when I am able to visit end of next month.