zombie

New Bar Soi 6 : "New Twilight"

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

Yesterday,s visit there was fun because of my company as well as of interaction with the stuff in the bar. Sitting in the room and combing through the screen would not provide for that.

I'm glad you enjoyed it & shared the report with us.

I would probably visit myself, under such circumstances.  ie Occasionally, or if the group consensus was to go there rather than Soi 4.   I just wouldn't be a regular until the jeans come off.

15 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Or until we see that underwear  if any

That is probably the best indicator, since I don't recall them announcing the current state of affairs.  

Which is gogo bars are open, but in the male gogo bars, the staff have to wear jeans, whereas the girls can show some leg & dress almost as normal*.    Customers of gogo bars may wear shorts.

I'd love to know what logical pandemic related evidence justifies that.

Meanwhile, there have been "shows" in bars, so the jeans can't be down to an entertainment ban either.   

(* Assuming no change since my winter visit to Thailand.  Girlie bar observation only from walking past Patpong bars, where one sees more leg from the street than inside the boy bars)

23 hours ago, z909 said:

Thank you for the visit report.

So they combine a host bar dress code with gogo bar drinks prices ?  

The staff are rather ambitious with their requested tips, particularly in a city where 1500 st is typical on the apps.

Cost to get a boy in my room via an app = 1500 THB st

If I pay what they ask, cost to get a boy in my room from Twilight = 350x2+ 500 + 3000 = 4200 THB (st).    Or more, if they stick extra drinks on your tab, without consent, as reported above.

Going once to have a look makes sense, but for repeat visits, does this semi-gogo/host bar experience offer enough value for the extra 2700 ?

Of course, if they are asking 3000 st, the obvious response is to haggle or leave them there, unless you're talking to the hottest boy in town.  

Yes I agree. The Grinder app works fine for me for finding the boys I want but I do like to visit the bars for fun usually order one drink or two and leave unless I see very hot boy I rarely off one from the bar. my suspicion is that the boy obligated to give a fee to the bar or mamasan for every off they have so obviously you are paying more for ST or LT then the apps . 

10 hours ago, vinapu said:

From my very limited survey taken recently somewhere between 1000-1500.

In Bangkok, 1500 ST is about right.  I did have one lad quote 1000, but he was so delightful, I gave him the 1500, as he deserved the same as the others.

In Pattaya, about 1200-1300 ST seems to be well received and they will be chasing for repeat appointments.

As with everything, you could probably push it lower or choose to be more generous. 

20 minutes ago, somas said:

Sorry, dumb question: ST refers to short term and LT refers to long term?

Almost.   

ST=Short Time  (Which typically may be between 30 minutes and  2 hours)

LT = Long Time, which is an overnight stay.   The departure time might vary from about 6:00 am to 13:00 am.   Some wake up and want to go to breakfast at 7:00 am, others need dragging out of bed mid to late morning & some even get the balance about right. 

36 minutes ago, z909 said:

The departure time might vary from about 6:00 am to 13:00 am.   Some wake up and want to go to breakfast at 7:00 am... 

I can see case of my guys from Hot Male this morning being discussed already here, news travel

fast

15 hours ago, Londoner said:

I relish my role as Trades Union Rep for bar boys....and so, "long term" doesn't mean (or shouldn't mean) a night and early morning in bed with appropriate remuneration, then hours visiting temples or beaches without pay. Post-coital extra time should be rewarded.... as I'm sure all of our experienced contributors recognise. 

And yes, I have it on good authority from more than one of my union members that some "LTs" are very long indeed!  

I never did over night long term only short time or 24/7 long term for long period a week or more. I don't see any advantage on LT when in morning the boy wakes up and leaving as you said LT is for me a companion for meals , beaches , traveling and so on . Fortunately in all my trips manage to find a boy of my taste willing to do it some were excellent partners and some less , mostly because I am lazy I am not the adventurer guy who is seeking different partners every night and jumping from one massage parlor to another I simply don't have the energy for this.

Long terms are problematical for the guys. P and his friend were taken to Koh Chang by a falang a year or so before I met him. It must have been about 2002.  They had a great time and loved the chalet/hotel right on the beach. Being with  a friend was very important. 

It's important that the guys have time-off...that is, time to socialize with friends, go the laundry, clean the room, talk to Mama or just relax without being with the falang all day. One of P's friends related a tale of woe which involved his spending a week as an appendage to an elderly falang, given no time off while remaining in Pattaya. For much of this time, he said, he just sat around, the falang not being very active.

Yes, he was well-paid....but very miserable. If only, he said, he'd been allowed a couple of hours a day to do his own thing. 

And by the way, I know another guy who was taken to the Banyan Tree in Bkk (very nice too) but walked-out after two days, despite the financial loss, for much the same reason.

I'm very undemanding with Long Time.  

I like to go to the coffee shop for about 9:30 am and any lad is tipped beforehand and can join me for coffee or leave.  

I don't do multi-day offs, but if I did, I would want a few hours on my own too.  

I,m in z909 camp.

Long time for me is till breakfast, whenever I decide to go for that which varies. For current trip for example between 6 and 10 am.

While occasionally for one reason or other boy declines long time I don,t subscribe to theory that guys don,t want to do it anymore. If that was a case  who the he'll I,m  sleeping with night after night here?

7 hours ago, Londoner said:

Long terms are problematical for the guys. P and his friend were taken to Koh Chang by a falang a year or so before I met him. It must have been about 2002.  They had a great time and loved the chalet/hotel right on the beach. Being with  a friend was very important. 

It's important that the guys have time-off...that is, time to socialize with friends, go the laundry, clean the room, talk to Mama or just relax without being with the falang all day. One of P's friends related a tale of woe which involved his spending a week as an appendage to an elderly falang, given no time off while remaining in Pattaya. For much of this time, he said, he just sat around, the falang not being very active.

Yes, he was well-paid....but very miserable. If only, he said, he'd been allowed a couple of hours a day to do his own thing. 

And by the way, I know another guy who was taken to the Banyan Tree in Bkk (very nice too) but walked-out after two days, despite the financial loss, for much the same reason.

Well I am not forcing any boy to do long term if they don't want to , Maybe because I am into 18-22 y.o. guys whom have less commitments  and I myself not elderly and like traveling around , swimming and shopping they find it interesting and none of them felt miserable as far as I know exept the Vietnamese boy I had more than two years ago he decided to go after 4 nights but it was because he had very jealous boyfriend in Bangkok who made a scene and asked him to come back immediately but after a week he came back and we stayed together another week at Ayutthaya and Kanchanaburi and had great time . In general I had very positive experience with LT . 

If the boy sleep overnight and go I don't see it really as LT but an extended ST . I personally never did it because if the boy doesn't want to stay more than a night or if I don't find him attractive enough to spend my vacation with  I prefer to cut it up as soon as possible and send the boy to his way after one or two hours.

Occasionally it’s difficult to get the boy to leave. I don’t like getting up much later than 9am, because I normally have a nap in the late afternoon. 9am is far too early for most boys and an hour or two of sleep or tv in a comfortable hotel room, possibly with room service, is welcome for them rather than returning to a hot noisy one shared with others. On the other hand I’ve had them wake me up very early pre-dawn asking for their full long time tip, which results in friction when I take a discount.