zombie

New Bar Soi 6 : "New Twilight"

This club has finally posted a video to give us a peek inside, which perfectly matches up with what @jason1975has said...energetic dancers, impressive LED TV backdrop, but a giant pillar that obstructs the view. Still, this was exactly what I needed to see to get my interest..aroused..to visit this place.

Video link

• Members
On 5/19/2022 at 6:38 AM, z909 said:

Thank you for the visit report.

So they combine a host bar dress code with gogo bar drinks prices ?  

The staff are rather ambitious with their requested tips, particularly in a city where 1500 st is typical on the apps.

Cost to get a boy in my room via an app = 1500 THB st

If I pay what they ask, cost to get a boy in my room from Twilight = 350x2+ 500 + 3000 = 4200 THB (st).    Or more, if they stick extra drinks on your tab, without consent, as reported above.

Going once to have a look makes sense, but for repeat visits, does this semi-gogo/host bar experience offer enough value for the extra 2700 ?

Of course, if they are asking 3000 st, the obvious response is to haggle or leave them there, unless you're talking to the hottest boy in town.  

What are the best apps in Thailand for st boys to come to your hotel? I am considering my very first trip this year. 

For those of you who keep up with the history of Moonlight models, you'll be glad to know that Lucky of Moonlight model past is part of the show crew at this bar. Though he's not in circulation on stage after the show, Paul from Moonlight past has made it clear that Lucky is available to meet with clients. 

Tonight was my first night here and I thoroughly enjoyed the company of Paul and catching up with him. However, for a hunk lover like me, there wasn't a single guy I would consider taking home. I would describe the guys as being very new to the scene, but not having the oomph factor needed to make it at Moonlight and Jupiter. It's just me, though, and I'm sure many on this forum could find a suitable bed companion for the evening. 

Many mixed groups showed up tonight so it's becoming a friendly place for groups who don't like the pretention of Moonlight and Jupiter. Still, I think that if this bar wants to succeed, they need to look at Boyz Boyz Boyz in Pattaya for inspiration, including having some b boy shows and overall being more sleazy/fun like BBB does well. It's just missing... something...at this point. 

11 hours ago, flashbarryallen said:

Tonight was my first night here and I thoroughly enjoyed the company of Paul and catching up with him. However, for a hunk lover like me, there wasn't a single guy I would consider taking home. I would describe the guys as being very new to the scene, but not having the oomph factor needed to make it at Moonlight and Jupiter. It's just me, though, and I'm sure many on this forum could find a suitable bed companion for the evening. 

My suitable bed companion is the twink waiter! Haha!

New Twilight is full on Saturdays because of the mixed groups who come just to have a good time of watching the show. On weekdays, it's dreadfully quiet.

Location is stumbling block and quality of guys is average. If only the guys are willing to reveal more during their rotation on stage (currently is topless in jeans) then there will be more customers, more drinks ordered and more offs.

23 minutes ago, sydneyboy1 said:

Where exactly is Adam’s Apple?

Check on google maps - it's a bit difficult to explain its exact location.

Suffice to say it's a long way from downtown. I used to stay in the Lotus Hotel right opposite the bar. During the day is was hard to find a tuk-tuk to go into town. And coming back after a night in a bar in town was very expensive. The Lotus has now closed.

13 hours ago, a-447 said:

Suffice to say it's a long way from downtown. 

No more than 20 minutes walk from Old City.

On absence of Lotus I can recommend Viangbua Mansion hotel in the same soi , about 2 minutes walk from bar

13 hours ago, a-447 said:

21 hours ago, a-447 said:

I'll never get on the back of a motorcycle. Even a tuk-tuk scares me.

I travel almost daily on short journeys on a motor bike taxi (yes, self confessed' lazy git).

The  only problem with the drivers for me is that they don't seem to realise that farang are wider than them when squeezing between traffic.
As to tuk tuks, I don't think I could fold myself up small enough to squeeze into one these days.