zombie

New Bar Soi 6 : "New Twilight"

15 hours ago, emiel1981 said:

Anybody been recently? Some interesting new photos on their Facebook page... Are they doing kinky shows now also...? 

Screenshot_20220813-173417_Chrome.thumb.jpg.425e3f6f5532fe2d39210393e2133081.jpg

I saw it last night, the first performance of the night. I think the dancers got other gigs somewhere else as they didn't appear again. Their outfit looks nice but nothing kinky about their performance.

So-whilst I now sit a bit bored in the UK- I figure it is not the old Golden Cock, but a little further-that would mean the building that was many moons ago erected as a new gay-centre-to-be from the owners of what today is Moonlight (behind the Suriwong HTL) if my old memory still has it. It failed miserably as such in a few monthes-so I hope this predestiny will not fall again. The former fairly rich offerings in this and side sois have also dwindled to just Nature Boy (merged with the remains of the G Cock) and perhaps still SuperA?-in the narrow side soi off.

New Twilight is almost opposite of Nature Boys. I don't think location is an obstacle, after all Moonlight is in even more obscure and looking forgotten corner but still thrives, owing to well executed business model .

Super A looked abandoned and gone in May when I was passing by on few occasions.

Unless they did it for financial or legal reasons, I can't figure out why they changed the name to something that seems unlikely to to attract a greater audience.

Visited this place twice and found that it had everything you'd want in show bar (good seating, great lighting, big stage, superior sound system) except a predictable stable of performers.

The owners must have designed and located the venue with the specific hopes of attracting a huge following of Chinese tourists. Two very successful restaurants that have long catered to the China trade (Mango Tree and the restaurant opposite) are located just up the road on Soi Tarntawan. Those same tourists also provided the main source of customers for the row of mixed massage shops on Surawong from the corner of Soi Tarntawan to Patpong 1.

6 hours ago, jason1975 said:

New Twilight has changed its name to Queen Club. This was on its Facebook page.

with new generation of gay tourists name 'Twilight' does not resonate as much as with us oldies with good memory.

But " Queen Club " as bar name ? For me it's like  name of bar with fem bottoms only

4 hours ago, reader said:

Judging by its new Facebook site, I think you may be right. The most recent photos seem to be mimicking (or at least trying to mimic) the Jupiter look.

https://www.facebook.com/newtwilightmanclub/

looks like it and not only that, one of competitor for 'Men of Twilight: tittle was Boom, # 15  , famous hoola-hop performer from Jupiter.

Good new is , at least they are trying to find their niche in the market. If that involves presence of girls, it's ok as long as they don't scream or bite. 

Just bumping up this topic which has lain dormant for months. Out of idle curiosity, does anyone have any new information about Queen Club, (formerly known as New Twilight)? When I saw that the facebook profile (https://www.facebook.com/newtwilightmanclub/) hadn't had any updates since November last year, I thought maybe it's gone defunct, but then I found a new profile (https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090737895395) - but not much better. Hardly any content and nothing since March 9.

On 8/15/2022 at 1:36 AM, pong2 said:

I figure it is not the old Golden Cock, but a little further-that would mean the building that was many moons ago erected as a new gay-centre-to-be from the owners of what today is Moonlight (behind the Suriwong HTL) if my old memory still has it. It failed miserably as such in a few monthes-so I hope this predestiny will not fall again.

Being across from Nature Boys this was probably the building to which Barbiery re-located when it moved away from Suriwong opposite Soi Twillight around 2000. Unfortunatey it also changed its business model and one of the finest of all Bangkok's gogo bars died within a year.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:06 AM, a-447 said:

My friend from Nature Boy told me the Queen Club would be opening this month.

Strange... I thought it had opened in December. @jason1975 said on December 9 that he'd make a visit soon. Maybe he found it tightly shut. If it really hasn't yet opened despite an interval of five months, it hardly augurs well. Rebranding a bar (not that I think it's such a positive name either) and then not opening speaks of management or financial troubles.