Slut1215

Chiang Mai Boy Bars

On 5/3/2022 at 8:05 PM, Slut1215 said:

Hi guys, wanted to ask if any of you have any recent trip reports on Chiang Mai boy bars? First time visiting Chiang Mai and was wondering if I could seek some guidance from our fellows here at Gay Guides.

Thank you

Unfortunately, I only read your post today, I'm very sorry. I would be happy to give you some tips for your visit to Chiang Mai on the subject of the gay scene. I can particularly recommend Adam's Apple Club in the north of the city, in Santitham. But I'm happy to recommend other gay places in Chiang Mai, but unfortunately not many of them are left after the pandemic. However, we hope that this will change in the future and that more gay places in Chiang Mai will establish themselves again.

6 hours ago, Jens said:

Adam's Apple Club reopened on June 1st this year. We had been closed for 4 days (3 Buddhist holidays in July and August and 1 day for our annual anniversary celebration in November).

Yes, New My Way is closed, the owner unfortunately passed away 2 years ago and there is no successor.

The Circle Pub has been open again for a few weeks under new management

Very happy to hear that Adam's Apple is doing well and that Circle Pub has reopened. Sad to hear about the owner of New My Way. I thought that he might have moved back to the South.

Do you have any idea where most of the boys from New My Way are working now or which bar has similar types of guys?

As @macaroni21's earier post indicates, we should remember that the Chiang Mai gay scene was dying long before covid delivered a near coup de grace. Well over 50 venues, some very popular, had closed in the years leading up to the advent of covid. With the exception of Adam's Apple and a few others, Chiang Mai's gay venues are primarily for the local population.

3 hours ago, musgrave said:

With the onset of covid and the closure of the venues many of the young men (who are from the Shan Stae in Myanmar) went to work in local construction jobs. Others returned to Myanmar. When the venues reopened quite a lot stayed with the regular jobs they had and consequently drifted out of the scene.  Several that I know from pre covid Adam's Apple, New My Way went to work in the host bars here - of which there are several. Adams Apple at present has around 16 young men - a handful do the shows whilst the remainder keep customers company. Some staff returned from pre covid times .  Circle Pub which is nicely revamped has fewer staff who appear less twinkish than Adam. The lighting inside Circle is more subdued so the atmosphere is more like New My Way offered. Both venues close at midnight. 

Thank you for this update, is they still offering sexy or big cock show? 

Looking forward to plan a Chiang Mai trip soon.

10 hours ago, musgrave said:

Several that I know from pre covid Adam's Apple, New My Way went to work in the host bars here - of which there are several.

Thanks for the update on how Circle Pub is doing.

Could you give an idea of which host bars the guys from New My Way are now working in? That was, essentially, what I was asking. My question is specifically about the guys from New My Way, rather than about AA or Shan bar boys in general. Where are the guys working now? Which bars and where are those bars located?

My question was initially directed at Jens as I assumed he might have an idea. An answer from anyone with direct knowledge would be welcome though.

yp11 - AA does have what you asked about - there are about 5 show boys who do individual performances on stage and then circulate amongst customers to gather tips.

I am aware of 4 ex New My Way boys - 1 works at AA and does the show - another works at Route 181 Host Bar which is within walking distance of AA in Chang Phuak   - another works at Monkey ToysClub Host Bar which is also in Chang Phuak - the 4th boy I have seen working at Circle Pub and AA but he has not been at either in recent times

All the venues mentioned have sites on  Facebook.

12 hours ago, musgrave said:

yp11 - AA does have what you asked about - there are about 5 show boys who do individual performances on stage and then circulate amongst customers to gather tips.

I am aware of 4 ex New My Way boys - 1 works at AA and does the show - another works at Route 181 Host Bar which is within walking distance of AA in Chang Phuak   - another works at Monkey ToysClub Host Bar which is also in Chang Phuak - the 4th boy I have seen working at Circle Pub and AA but he has not been at either in recent times

All the venues mentioned have sites on  Facebook.

Many thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Fred Joos said:

Route 181 Host Bar and Monkey ToysClub Host Bar are also closed or Route 181 Host Bar is for sale and Monkey ToysClub Host Bar has changed its name.

Oh? What has Monkey ToysClub changed its name to and is it still the same format and ownership?

Is 181 for sale as a going business or is it just the venue that is for sale?

And I miss the old scene around Adams' Apple. Not just the bar with its fire-hazard setting up  some dangerous stairs, but its cute audience. Many from CMU. Sometimes fifty plus dancers and invariably a full-house of punters. And if you wanted some fresh air (or safety), the circular little bar opposite with an attractive bar-keeper.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

, the circular little bar opposite with an attractive bar-keeper.

And the huge dog called 'big boy'?

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

And I miss the old scene around Adams' Apple. Not just the bar with its fire-hazard setting up  some dangerous stairs, but its cute audience. Many from CMU. Sometimes fifty plus dancers and invariably a full-house of punters. And if you wanted some fresh air (or safety), the circular little bar opposite with an attractive bar-keeper.

• Members
1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I visited this place years ago.  They had this fun job show: guys lined up on stage and jacking off , competing who shoots the farthest. 

We were in CM nine months ago and return shortly. As I say elsewhere, the lack of Chinese tour -groups has had a big effect. I can't comment on the gay scene but our two favourite restaurants, one of them the celebrated Whole Earth, were closed and haven't re-opened. in fact, we ate much less well than usual.

I smile when the airport taxi takes us along the moat to our hotel- so different in atmosphere to Pattaya and Bangkok- while a look of serenity appears on P's face when the stupas of his favourite temples come into view. One of our favourite places in Thailand.

Yes, it's true, the gay scene in Chiang Mai was no longer what it used to be before the pandemic, and after the pandemic even more have given up. which is very sad. But more and more “Host Bars” are springing up like mushrooms. These "Host Bars" are open until late in the morning and are actually only frequented by Thais; I have never seen a Falang there myself. Maybe the reason is that I don't really understand the purpose of these venues. You book a boy to sit at your table for an hour (from 250 THB) he then drinks your Wisky and plays with his phone the whole time and doesn't exchange a single word with you, then after an hour it starts all over again.