HelloKoro

Best Sauna in Bangkok ?

Hello everyone, 

I am going to travel to Bangkok this july. I learned that Babylon sauna is now closed. I would like to know which is the best sauna now in Bangkok ? I am looking for a sauna with many poeple (young local guys...)  

Two important questions, but they may be too personal so ignore  if you want.

How old are you? and are you a falang? It makes a big difference. The thing about Babylon which set it apart from many other saunas was that it didn't. Well, not much.

By the way, I agree with vinapu. When I first arrived in Bangkok- in the Good Old Days- I maintained that the best-looking guys worked in the menswear department of Robinson's  on Silom. Always my first port of call on Day One! of course, many a 7 11 has  a cute guy or two even today.

U can also try sauna mania, which is close to silom. Previously known to charge high price for older aged guys, i believed they have removed this since covid. Ive been there once before and during O party. I can only say one word, crazy lol. Too many people for my comfort but i do t regret the experience. But it was almost all asian during my visit, but babylon is still opened that time and not that far away. No idea how is the crowd now.

15 hours ago, spoon said:

U can also try sauna mania, which is close to silom. Previously known to charge high price for older aged guys, i believed they have removed this since covid. Ive been there once before and during O party. I can only say one word, crazy lol. Too many people for my comfort but i do t regret the experience. But it was almost all asian during my visit, but babylon is still opened that time and not that far away. No idea how is the crowd now.

Thank you, I will try and make a feedback 😁

Babylon was welcoming to older guys and there were usually younger (that is under forties rather than twenty-year olds) who were interested in meeting them . Those Thais who weren't  went elsewhere, though the fact that it was open early in the afternoon and had a pool  was an attraction.

It was also expensive for Thais. I recall a few years ago its pool was being renovated and it offered half-price admission. This resulted in many more younger guys going there.

It became more than a venue for casual sex. Many older falangs would use the pool for the afternoon and eat in its two restaurants. I suspect that some never ventured into the cruising areas. It also had its own hotel.

Its demise has led me to stop spending a couple of days in Bangkok on arrival in Thailand. It was that good. 

For the rounder shaped guys my fave is heaven. However on my last visit last week, it seems they've lessened their services. No liquid soap in the showers. No cups in the water dispenser either. When I asked the staff about it, they offered to get me a drink if I buy one. And also I do not understand why the towels are dispensed on the 4th floor when the showers are located on the 5th. 

This was also my first time that I find the maze extra dark. And an encounter which was less than satisfactory. Thb200 entrance, thb150 after 2130. 

Is there an alternative place in Bangkok? 

Seems there are still some 20 saunaś open+working (maybe not all daily) in greater BKK-at the top of this fenomenon it was 30+. But at least half of the 20 are way too far out in suburbia for you all. @orson; suggest also 39 Sapan kwai-BTS stop nearby. Discriminating farang (and any elder) pricing is also in the R3 group.

in older blogs of der christian you can find more reviews-a lot on the 2 dirty/unkempt FAROSE- 1 in also SapanKwai (impossible to find without decent knowledge) and 1 way out in one of the 100+ subsois of RamKamHaeng (RailLInk stops-but not close by)=the common uni-area. Said to be favoured by the 1000s of foreign workers from ASEAN (think of Pinoy teachers, KHmer staff, etc.). All hit and more miss.

Chris has given up on doing sauna in BKK-so did I long ago. THose in the provinces though can be much more enthralling though.

On 5/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, orson said:

For the rounder shaped guys my fave is heaven. However on my last visit last week, it seems they've lessened their services. No liquid soap in the showers. No cups in the water dispenser either. When I asked the staff about it, they offered to get me a drink if I buy one. And also I do not understand why the towels are dispensed on the 4th floor when the showers are located on the 5th. 

This was also my first time that I find the maze extra dark. And an encounter which was less than satisfactory. Thb200 entrance, thb150 after 2130. 

Is there an alternative place in Bangkok? 

Is heaven a good place to go to for a chub to find lean chasers?

If not can someone recommend? 

Thanks in advance ;)

On 5/5/2022 at 1:26 AM, Londoner said:

Babylon was welcoming to older guys and there were usually younger (that is under forties rather than twenty-year olds) who were interested in meeting them . Those Thais who weren't  went elsewhere, though the fact that it was open early in the afternoon and had a pool  was an attraction.

It was also expensive for Thais. I recall a few years ago its pool was being renovated and it offered half-price admission. This resulted in many more younger guys going there.

It became more than a venue for casual sex. Many older falangs would use the pool for the afternoon and eat in its two restaurants. I suspect that some never ventured into the cruising areas. It also had its own hotel.

Its demise has led me to stop spending a couple of days in Bangkok on arrival in Thailand. It was that good. 

I have never been to a place, hotel, sauna or any other place, that rivaled the beauty of Babylon. I first went to their previous location, which was nice, but the newer location was just spectacular. The last time I was there was in the summer, a time I don't normally visit Bangkok. It was quiet, but the pool was absolutely delicious. I think it was a saltwater pool. While I was swimming around a cute young Vietnamese guy who was in a lounge chair, lifted his towel to show me his hardon. We ended up going to a cabin to have fun. In my younger days, I would spend hours at Babylon, eating lunch and then dinner, fucking until I could no longer fuck, and getting a massage. I'm so sad that it is no longer there, but I have many years of memories.

Chakran close to the Aree stop on the Skytrain might be worth a visit. It is beautifully decorated, has a small pool, rooftop jacuzzi, snack bar and all the other usual facilities. It is now almost exclusively Thai for Thai or Thai for Asian, but since you are young (compared to many of us!) you might find success there. Certainly there will be a lot of young Thais/Asians. Don't confuse it with the massage spa which is located in the same building.