12is12

Apps beyond Grindr?

I'd like to try to connect to guys before arriving, by shifting my location in an app. In Grindr you can just look around, but locals cant see you.

Are any of the following apps in popular use in Colombia?

GayRomeo;     Scruff;     SilverDaddies;     DaddyHunt.

Any others?

thx  (-:

Grindr has a travel function.  However, they always show some boys as near your specified location, even if they are actually hundreds of miles away.

Also, people can change their settings so they don't show up on travel searches.

Hornet also has a travel function.

Or better still, do as Florida Rob suggests and use a Fake GPS app.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:24 AM, Primeone385 said:

Huh I’m so beyond confused. What app does an iPhone have that allows you to spoof location ?

It sounds like there is an app that you can download which you can then use to fake your location - you'll show up on Grindr as if you're in Medellin.

I am in Medellin now and believe me, as soon as I go onto Grindr, my phone blows up! I'm 62, not in the best shape in my life, and let's just say I've seen better days. I'm not even advertising for sex anymore because it became too much, but still, every time I go onto Grindr, I get hits.

I met one really nice guy who I've decided will be the one while I'm here. Prepare yourself for hundreds of options. I don't think you have to do this in advance, the minute I got on Wifi here and opened Grindr, the offers started pouring in.

• Members
10 hours ago, richard265 said:

It sounds like there is an app that you can download which you can then use to fake your location - you'll show up on Grindr as if you're in Medellin.

I am in Medellin now and believe me, as soon as I go onto Grindr, my phone blows up! I'm 62, not in the best shape in my life, and let's just say I've seen better days. I'm not even advertising for sex anymore because it became too much, but still, every time I go onto Grindr, I get hits.

I met one really nice guy who I've decided will be the one while I'm here. Prepare yourself for hundreds of options. I don't think you have to do this in advance, the minute I got on Wifi here and opened Grindr, the offers started pouring in.

Thank you for the advice. Cause I was trying to figure out what way can you spoof the gps on the phone without hacking it which I won’t do lol. But it’s great to hear these young men like us 🐻 bears. I’ll just need a place where I can host these hotties. 

One possibility is a love motel. I found out about them on this forum. There's an app called MotelNow where you can make a reservation for 90 minutes. It looks like rooms run around $25 for that time. I think it's a good safe bet. You can try the guy out and see if you click, and also leave valuables safely locked in your apartment.

It seems to me that a lot of places have doormen. There's a guard in my building 24/7. I've brought guys here, but I am being very discreet and selective, and trying to bring the same guys so it doesn't look like I'm a whore (I am :) )

I'm not really a bear, but from what I can tell, bears are very popular. I think you'll have fun. I hope you share your experiences with us!

On 5/9/2022 at 4:24 PM, Primeone385 said:

Huh I’m so beyond confused. What app does an iPhone have that allows you to spoof location ?

Nobody is forcing us to choose iPhones & over 70% of people choose Android.  

Thankfully my Android device has a range of fake gps options.     Do Apple not permit that ?

If Apple don't permit that, well thank you for warning me.   I will make damn sure my current Android device is replaced with another Android model, when the time comes. 

I'm an android user, and there are multiple android apps to spoof the GPS (although Grindr actvely tries to defeat them).  You might try the info on  https://drfone.wondershare.com/virtual-location/fake-gps-ios.html  for Iphone.

I spoofed GPS on grindr  before I went to Medellin /Bogota, changed my profile to Spanish and indicated I was looking a paid companion who would be my 24 hr guide; hopefully someone who spoke some English.  I received multiple offers for "longtime" companions.

I settled on a beautiful 24 yro man who said he was trying to learn English (not really ).  I met him the morning after I arrived in Medellin (no problems anywhere bringing back a companion as long as they are over 18 (with ID if they look young)),  He was a pretty good companion (although we both got frustrated with google translate) and had fun touring and in bed.  I was with him for ~30 days (although I had plenty of other hookups as well).   I was his first foreigner and he wants me to come back and is happy if I share his info for other (nice) foreigners.  He would love to find a sugar daddy, and treats you pretty damn good, being honest and loving.  We are friends now and I will hook up with him again when I go again.

If anyone wants more info on him, send me a private mail.

I mean to write a review of my 35 days in Medellin and Bogota (march)  but have yet to get it done.

15 minutes ago, maump said:

I spoofed GPS on grindr  before I went to Medellin /Bogota

why fake or “spoof” somewhere that you’re not ?  This seems like intentional deception to waste someone else’s time 

most of the apps allow users to search by city or specific address & filter according to your interests if you’re planning to visit.  Or, some have a traveling soon feature that shows dates you’re visiting.  What’s the problem with just being honest about where located & intentions ?

this is exactly why I loathe the online hookup apps - way too make fake & phony people of all kinds. The spoofing thing is news to me, but not surprising given the scammers that dwell online 

And everyone here wonders why the working boys are so suspect of everyone contacting them - this is a perfect example

Slvkguy, I really BEG u to reconsider ur instinctive suspicious negativity.

When using ur alternatives, a person can view profiles in that destination, but guys there cant view his.

I twice used Romeo's feature in order to situate myself in clmbia and peru. I wrote "currently not there, will arrive in 10 days". NO dishonesty, VERY useful.

4 minutes ago, 12is12 said:

Slvkguy, I really BEG u to reconsider ur instinctive suspicious negativity.

it’s more like rigorous honesty vs suspicious negativity 

I have no use for a spoofing app since I have no need to make something appear different than it actually is 

I’ve used the apps & know how they work - and I’ve made contact w people before arriving in a city, but never felt the need to make it look as if I’m there when I’m not.

Dishonesty, deception, lying, misrepresentation- whatever word you choose is all the same

if you need to misrepresent yourself in some way, however small and insignificant  - perhaps you should ask yourself why ?

1 hour ago, Slvkguy said:

Dishonesty, deception, lying, misrepresentation- whatever word you choose is all the same

if you need to misrepresent yourself in some way, however small and insignificant  - perhaps you should ask yourself why ?

When I explored, I did state I was not in Medellin yet but would be coming in early march.  I wanted people interested to contact me. not me randomly hit up hundreds of people looking for one that might want to do what I was asking. (there were still many that did not read it before hitting me up.  so I had a more detailed Spanish ad as stored text for immediate use when someone hit me up.)

I am not a Grindr paid user, and maybe it behaves differently if you pay.  But there are quite a few differences when you spoof, rather than visit or explore.  I wanted to have arranged guide when I arrived.  not start looking when I got there.  They needed to see my ad.

To each his own methods.

• Members

Scruff has a very useful feature. You can set your travel months in advance, and your profile will show up in the Visitors menu, showing the dates when you will actually be there. Two of the three guys I made contact with before arriving to Medellin, contacted me because they saw that I was coming to visit.

Grindr has not such a tool. You can set your grindr to explore any location around the world without the locals seeing your profile. However, they can see when you check their profile, and you can contact anyone you find interesting. That is how I made contact with my third "local guide".