flashbarryallen

Pattaya First Timer Help

I would prefer to stay at Jomtien complex over Boyz Town any time ,You have very good hotels with swimming pool like The Agate or Zing (be careful not to book other Zing hotel which is not located in Jomtien complex ) and also very nice guesthouses the best is East Suites with spacious luxury rooms and a free entering to Zing's swimming pool . you are in the heart of the gay bars complex , 5 minutes walking from Jomtien beach and 15 minutes drive by Baht bus to Central Pattaya. Boyz Town is noisy , no swimming pool and as Vinapu said everyone can see who you are walking with not a great thing if you want keep discreet . It's not a good idea to stay at the big resorts such Hard rock because some charge joiner fee for each guest you bring to your room. For first time I would dedicate at least one week to Pattaya and visit the beutiful nearby island Koh Larn is a must .

While walking along dongtan Beach, I came across rabbit resort. And beside it was a Cafe that had the picture of Marijuana. I also Sawa stand near the main intersection of second road, going to tuckcom. Is Marijuana now legal in Thailand? 

8 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I would prefer to stay at Jomtien complex over Boyz Town any time ,You have very good hotels with swimming pool like The Agate or Zing (be careful not to book other Zing hotel which is not located in Jomtien complex ) and also very nice guesthouses the best is East Suites with spacious luxury rooms and a free entering to Zing's swimming pool . you are in the heart of the gay bars complex

Thanks for this! I was just in the process of trying to work this out for myself. I have not been to Pattaya and am in the early stages of planning a trip later in the year. 

I found East Suites last night and wondered why I had not seen them mentioned by anyone as it looks like a really good option. There also seemed to be a similar venue call Inn Residence? Do you know what they are like? 

I have looked at a few apartments in the area but nothing really blows me away. Yes, there are some very inexpensive options but they are all looking a bit dated and tired - I don't suppose Covid has helped. There are a few high end options but that seems extravagant when compared to the places that you have mentioned. That is why I like the idea of East Suites. I have had apartments (mainly AirBnB) in Thailand before and even though I have seldom used the extra facilities that you get with an apartment over a hotel room (like a kitchen), I really like having the option. 

East Suites us a great option they have 2 spacious apartments on the ground floor with Jacuzzi , the reception is very friendly and really don't care about guests you are bringing at all , You have a free access to Zing's swimming pool which is very nice . Zing have great  rooms too if you avoid their basic standard rooms and The Agate is also an excellent option . both are very gay friendly especially Zing . As first time visit to Pattaya I would avoid staying at Boyz Town I stayed there many years ago it's not so bad but theses days you have much better options .

Thanks @Boy69! On strength of your recommendation, I have booked a week second half of November in East Suites. Found a a great deal and booked the King Jacuzzi Suite that you mentioned. Free cancellation right up until 28 October so risk free. 

Just need to actually book some flights now! I will wait and see if a deal pops up! 

On 5/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, Boy69 said:

. Boyz Town is noisy , no swimming pool and as Vinapu said everyone can see who you are walking with not a great thing if you want keep discreet . 

Not that Complex is quiet, quite opposite. And you you take guy from one if bars you also parading him and yourself in front of 10 or so  bars. In short Pattaya is not for shy types although on bright side nobody minds your business. If guy walks with girl everybody knows what will happen. If two guys are walking there level of mystery i.e who is the top but really nobody cares. 

2 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Not that Complex is quiet, quite opposite. And you you take guy from one if bars you also parading him and yourself in front of 10 or so  bars. In short Pattaya is not for shy types although on bright side nobody minds your business. If guy walks with girl everybody knows what will happen. If two guys are walking there level of mystery i.e who is the top but really nobody cares. 

I am so glad I will be there already on Saturday evening :D

17 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Not that Complex is quiet, quite opposite. And you you take guy from one if bars you also parading him and yourself in front of 10 or so  bars.

Boyztown can often be noisy, with the music volume set too high.   As the music is out in the street, it affects all Boyztown bars, so no escape.    That's if it's still the same as back in Dec~Feb ?

Loud music is rarer in Jomtien Complex.    Also, if one bar has the volume too high, the problem can usually be solved by moving along to the other end of the street.   There are far more customers in Jomtien than Boyztown & in my view, that's well deserved.

As Vinapu says, there is very little privacy.   Off a boy and your activity is visible in all the nearby bars.   If you have a favourite boy in a bar at each end of the street, then you have to walk past one of them with your latest "trade".   Unless of course you sneak out through the alley in the middle, which would look rather desperate.  

Of course, none of this really matters, particularly when you make it clear you're a butterfly and don't make any claims about loyalty.

6 hours ago, z909 said:

As Vinapu says, there is very little privacy.   Off a boy and your activity is visible in all the nearby bars.   If you have a favourite boy in a bar at each end of the street, then you have to walk past one of them with your latest "trade".   Unless of course you sneak out through the alley in the middle, which would look rather desperate.  

The main problem is that you can't keep discreet , For example I met a very beautiful boy through Grinder and decided to do a long term with him for my whole vacation about a month, the big problem was that he worked on BBB and I stayed at the opposite hotel the Copa and we didn't want that his bar will know about this arrangement so we  have to sneak to the Copa all the time ,to get things worst we have a fight and he left and every time I got back to my hotel I have to sneak quickly to my room to avoid seeing him at BBB's outside terrace...

It happened five years ago and it was the last time I stayed in Boyz Town . 

14 hours ago, z909 said:

Unless of course you sneak out through the alley in the middle, which would look rather desperate.  

Of course, none of this really matters, particularly when you make it clear you're a butterfly and don't make any claims about loyalty.

That alley was my savior one night trying to dodge a clinger I spotted a few meters ahead  😅
With that said the alley doesn't do much, the walls whisper and everyone knows everything among the boys.

11 minutes ago, vinapu said:

Apps will be working, some bars may be opened, just will not serve any alcohol. In such a case we can go and on Saturday evening instead of gin we can  drink water, just as animals

I think, I will have to try that ;)

@vinapu - Are you in Pattaya on Saturday as well?

1 hour ago, Mateo_37 said:

am I so unlucky, arriving Saturday evening ? :(

Fixing up an appointment with a boy on Grindr or Hornet will solve that problem.   If you're really fussy about the type of boy, start looking up to 24 hours in advance & don't leave it to the last minute. 

8 hours ago, vaughn said:

the walls whisper and everyone knows everything among the boys.

Yes, it's best to assume everyone knows everything & that is usually the case.    However, ideally I wouldn't make it too easy by walking past a known boy, with another one.

On 5/17/2022 at 6:44 AM, Boy69 said:

I would prefer to stay at Jomtien complex over Boyz Town any time ,You have very good hotels with swimming pool like The Agate or Zing (be careful not to book other Zing hotel which is not located in Jomtien complex ) and also very nice guesthouses the best is East Suites with spacious luxury rooms and a free entering to Zing's swimming pool . you are in the heart of the gay bars complex , 5 minutes walking from Jomtien beach and 15 minutes drive by Baht bus to Central Pattaya. Boyz Town is noisy , no swimming pool and as Vinapu said everyone can see who you are walking with not a great thing if you want keep discreet . It's not a good idea to stay at the big resorts such Hard rock because some charge joiner fee for each guest you bring to your room. For first time I would dedicate at least one week to Pattaya and visit the beutiful nearby island Koh Larn is a must .

It seems like no breakfast available in Agate and East S. - as per Agoda. Is that correct? Need to find breakfast somehwre else?

Me too.  That's an excellent price for a hotel of that quality. It may go up for the high season, of course. However, it values returning guests,so take advantage.

By the way, I'm told that they have an arrangement "elsewhere"   for daily breakfasts at 100bht a time.  

22 hours ago, zsolec said:

It seems like no breakfast available in Agate and East S. - as per Agoda. Is that correct? Need to find breakfast somehwre else?

Zing have some breakfast options including Buffet, Many restaurants nearby which you can choose to eat your breakfast, this is really not a problem in this area.

17 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Zing have some breakfast options including Buffet, Many restaurants nearby which you can choose to eat your breakfast, this is really not a problem in this area.

guys, keep in mind that covid devastated hospitality sector and may places which were opened are non existing now, some may have  reduced hours i.e. dinner only but not breakfast or lunch and also many hotels which used to offer breakfast , don't do it now ( Raya, Agate ). Zing had breakfast in December but only a la carte type , not sure buffet is available now.