fedssocr

Vietnam: Hanoi or HCMC?

I am planning to visit Vietnam later this year for 9 or 10 days. I am pretty certain I want to visit Hue to see the imperial sites and also Hoi An for a couple of days. I will not have enough time for both Hanoi and HCMC. SO, if you had to pick one or the other which would it be? I like ancient history and culture most of all. And cute boys of course, but I assume they are everywhere. :-)

I am planning to visit Vietnam later this year for 9 or 10 days. I am pretty certain I want to visit Hue to see the imperial sites and also Hoi An for a couple of days. I will not have enough time for both Hanoi and HCMC. SO, if you had to pick one or the other which would it be? I like ancient history and culture most of all. And cute boys of course, but I assume they are everywhere. :-)

Hanoi has a lot more to offer and you are close to Halong Bay a must see natural wonder.

Of course this is only my opinion.

Guest lvdkeyes
Hanoi has a lot more to offer and you are close to Halong Bay a must see natural wonder.

Of course this is only my opinion.

I totally agree. Hue and HoiAn are also must see places. Last year we went to Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hue and HoiAn in 10 day and didn't feel rushed. We spent 2 nights on a sampan in Halong Bay. It was a relaxing wonderful time and the food they served onboard was very good. My only regret was we took the train from Hanoi to Danang and a taxi directly to Hue. The train was an awful experience, loud, dirty and bad food. Better to fly.

Guest MonkeySee
I will not have enough time for both Hanoi and HCMC. SO, if you had to pick one or the other which would it be? I like ancient history and culture most of all. And cute boys of course, but I assume they are everywhere. :-)

Both north and south Vietnam are interesting, have much history and culture and of course, boys are everywhere. I enjoyed all of Vietnam. The time of year might be a factor in your decision. It can be cold in the north during the winter months.

Both north and south Vietnam are interesting, have much history and culture and of course, boys are everywhere. I enjoyed all of Vietnam. The time of year might be a factor in your decision. It can be cold in the north during the winter months.

The history & culture is undoubtedly important, but there will be many other sites discussing that.

How about gay culture, specifically the night life? There's not much written about it, but what there is seems to be split between those who love it & those who warn of scams.

No doubt you read the following?

SF