endlessdream

Summer trip set, Colombia + Brazil

• Members

Cali: 18-28 Juin

Bogota: 28 Juin -03 July

Rio: 04-24 July

SP: 24 July - 10 August

My JFK-CLO and BOG-GIG flights are both with Avianca in economy L. For some reason, business is not on sale and with L fare I can choose biz seats. They are narrow bodies so I don’t expect too much. Let’s wait and see if I get bumped back to Y seats. 

20 days in Rio and 17 in SP seem pretty long. But it’s my first time, so I want to pace myself gently. Maybe I’ll add a stopover in between. Any suggestions? Better avoid long flights within Brazil. Bus trip preferred. Thx. 

• Members

I’m not sure I’ll frequent a lot the saunas. Of course I’ll do a tour or two, but mostly I might just Grindr surf. Do you guys think I should book the hotel rooms for two? On one hand, I feel kinda stupid to book a room for two when I have no one in view. On the other hand, I do enjoy overnight sex. I don’t know how willing guys are to spend the night with me.  For the moment I have Novotel in Rio Copacabana and Intercontinental in SP. 

suggestion - book your hotels direct w the hotel (vs Expedia or similar) as they will be more flexible if you want to change dates/leave early and you are more likely to get upgrades. Although I still use Expedia from time to time for very short stays - I’ve learned some hard lessons about their inflexibility and never ending bureaucracy when trying to make unexpected/unavoidable changes.  You’ll end up with someone from a call center in India that can’t do anything.  The hotels force you to call Expedia or similar for any changes - very bad experience.

I noticed some of the 5 star hotels in SP offered direct highly discounted “long term” rates when 10 nights or more.  In hindsight, one of the best hotel experiences anywhere in terms of value, upgrades & perks.  Almost too good to be true.

PM me if you want more information.

1 hour ago, endlessdream said:

If I understood well, SP guys are more next door type who might want to spend the night, right? Rio is more fuck & go?

Some venues might have a stereotype  - but the reality is they are full of several types. 

i lean into favelados and they were abundant.  Inside Lagoa is it was very fuck & go - by my choice, not necessarily the boy’s choice.  I can’t think of one boy that ended a session before I did. And, they almost all offered off-site meetings too.  Typical Brazilian hospitality in every way. 

38 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

Do you think I should let a favelado spend the night with me? I didn’t book for two also, partly, to force myself to be vigilant. 

that depends - if you want to have sex all night or actually sleep.  For me, I wouldn’t have anyone sleep over - it just wouldn’t be restful and too many things could go wrong. When the sex is over, I like my space.  Doesn’t matter if the person is favelado type or anything else.  

if you are a gringo - you are a target. Gringo meaning not Brazilian/South American.  Remember that.

• Members
7 hours ago, endlessdream said:

I’m not sure I’ll frequent a lot the saunas. Of course I’ll do a tour or two, but mostly I might just Grindr surf. Do you guys think I should book the hotel rooms for two? On one hand, I feel kinda stupid to book a room for two when I have no one in view. On the other hand, I do enjoy overnight sex. I don’t know how willing guys are to spend the night with me.  For the moment I have Novotel in Rio Copacabana and Intercontinental in SP. 

Have you been in Brazil before? Before doing anything in Grindr, try a sauna. You may change your mind.

6 hours ago, endlessdream said:

Do you think I should let a favelado spend the night with me? I didn’t book for two also, partly, to force myself to be vigilant. 

If you meet someone at the saunas, good chance you won't have a problem however, not guaranteed. I prefer to sleep alone.....so very rare I have someone stay the night.

Street, app hook ups, I wouldn't even consider them staying overnight.

I always book rooms for 2 people.....better to have that option available so the hotel can't try to charge for someone you bring back to the room.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2022 at 6:26 AM, floridarob said:

I always book rooms for 2 people.....better to have that option available so the hotel can't try to charge for someone you bring back to the room.

In some countries it will not prevent the hotel from collecting a "joiners fee" or the equivalent when you bring a local guy/girl to the room. 

I have no idea if this is practised in Brazil or CO; I doubt it.

If it's a single owner, individual property perhaps. But chains and well known hotels have standards that they have to adhere to.

The Hilton Mexico city is notorious for not letting you bring anyone you pick up up to your room. I make sure the guy has an ID, and when he is questioned, I make them register him. Sometimes seems like a scandalous confrontation at the Front desk, but doesn't deter me from doing so. The Othon Palace in Rio was the only hotel that I couldn't get to  back down....and that was in 1999.

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

The Othon Palace in Rio

that’s funny - American friends that got robbed Othon Palace in 1999.  Perhaps connected ?  

My first visit to Brazil was shortly after at old Caesar Park/Ipanema and guests were absolute no go. Non-negotiable at that time.  

Crime was much higher then.

• Members

Lol. This forum is making me crazy. As I kept on reading those posts about Brazil, I was getting less and less patient. At a certain point yesterday, I decided to ditch Colombia and fly directly to GRU in two weeks. Aeromexico is offering insanely cheap biz flights from Europe and I’m getting tons of Flying Blue XP (lol, excuse much?!)  on the other side, I’m loosing hundreds of euros canceling my existing tickets.

So now I have two months in Brazil in stead of one. My plans might need to get twice ambitious, too. Any suggestions besides SP and Rio? Im looking at Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Recife and Fortaleza. It would be nice to have a comparative chart (Again, I’m asking for the impossible). 

8 hours ago, endlessdream said:

Any suggestions besides SP and Rio?

I could easily stay in SP for 2-weeks+ as there’s so much to do/see.

Closer to SP, the locals were saying there are some nice beaches near Santos & other charming small towns close by.  Also, Brasilia is worth a trip given the Niemeyer architecture and designated as a UNESCO world heritage site.

the beaches at Costa do Sauipe are stunning and just north of Salvador.  

Balneiro Cambeairo also looks interesting (google the images) & referred to as the Brazilian Dubai.

if availability of garotos is necessary at your destinations - just search GarotoComLocal and VivaLocal to get a sense of the numbers.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Slvkguy said:

I could easily stay in SP for 2-weeks+ as there’s so much to do/see.

Closer to SP, the locals were saying there are some nice beaches near Santos & other charming small towns close by.  Also, Brasilia is worth a trip given the Niemeyer architecture and designated as a UNESCO world heritage site.

the beaches at Costa do Sauipe are stunning and just north of Salvador.  

Balneiro Cambeairo also looks interesting (google the images) & referred to as the Brazilian Dubai.

if availability of garotos is necessary at your destinations - just search GarotoComLocal and VivaLocal to get a sense of the numbers.

Thank you. Garotos are not a necessity but would be a good supplement if Grindr runs slow. Any idea which cities are the most Asian friendly? Thx

14 minutes ago, endlessdream said:

Any idea which cities are the most Asian friendly? Thx

São Paulo is a real melting pot, like New York City, and has the largest Japanese population (in a single city) outside of Japan.  Asians seem very well integrated in São Paulo.  As for other Brazilian cities, I don’t know enough about the situations there.

11 hours ago, endlessdream said:

Lol. This forum is making me crazy. As I kept on reading those posts about Brazil, I was getting less and less patient. At a certain point yesterday, I decided to ditch Colombia and fly directly to GRU in two weeks. Aeromexico is offering insanely cheap biz flights from Europe and I’m getting tons of Flying Blue XP (lol, excuse much?!)  on the other side, I’m loosing hundreds of euros canceling my existing tickets.

So now I have two months in Brazil in stead of one. My plans might need to get twice ambitious, too. Any suggestions besides SP and Rio? Im looking at Porto Alegre, Belo Horizonte, Salvador, Recife and Fortaleza. It would be nice to have a comparative chart (Again, I’m asking for the impossible). 

🤨