endlessdream

Summer trip set, Colombia + Brazil

20 hours ago, endlessdream said:

So it’s pretty random.

I read somewhere that some airlines are suspected to ask for YF vacc. proof when flight is overbooked or seats are needed, as they know that there will always be some unvaccinated pax at check-in. I witnessed it myself at the GRU check-in counters for a AV flight to BOG.

• Members

Just a note of caution to add to the recent posts on the Yellow Fever vaccine.

It is NOT recommended for people aged 60 and over (as are many posters on this site) and various other groups of people. The side-effects are serious and can prove fatal.

• Members
5 hours ago, msclelovr said:

Just a note of caution to add to the recent posts on the Yellow Fever vaccine.

It is NOT recommended for people aged 60 and over (as are many posters on this site) and various other groups of people. The side-effects are serious and can prove fatal.

Good point. I received primary Yellow Fever vaccination at 65, weighing the risks and benefits. It was also a lot easier to interface with a nurse and be in and out quickly. One can pursue a Certificate of Contraindication as an alternative, but that seems to involve jumping through a lot more hoops and likely a physician evaluation. I had still been waiting for the province to assign me a primary care physician through the provincial health care system. Eventually enrolled in a fee-for-service practice. I had also recovered from a sobering fluke bout of dengue acquired in Rio 2 years previously. 

The risks are also not literally, say, 10-fold comparing age 59 and age 60. They are stratified across three broad age categories with a theoretical gradient of adverse event susceptibility. The differentials are summarized in this document. Unfortunately PDF version not available. The link may open in the relevant scrolled position: 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/healthy-living/canadian-immunization-guide-part-4-active-vaccines/page-25-yellow-fever-vaccine.html#p4c24a10c

• Members

Just to report back the weird C seat for Y ticket issue. I’m finally on one of these weird flights. I didn’t fly the revenue ticket from jfk to bog. I’m now on a av miles economy ticket from bog to gig. A320 neo. I could select the front rows 2-2 instead of the back rows 3-3. It’s actually a kinda hybrid of Y and C seats. It’s definitely wider, with a table in between and charger under. I’m thrilled to have it as I paid for Y. But I’d be so pissed if I had paid for C. So conclusion, don’t buy C on AV narrow bodies.

039709B5-AACD-48BF-9A5F-5E0736160AA1.jpeg

1E649DA4-13E0-4C6F-AB16-75CBEDD13BDE.jpeg

49AFBFDE-14C7-4D9E-B99D-64592051AB8A.jpeg

C953766D-7CBB-4B26-9B86-0FA2E469B75A.jpeg

3A0E86EC-19ED-494E-8728-E3ACA0D1FEA3.jpeg

BB6B2DC1-D27B-472D-B382-8EB73EB1BD79.jpeg

• Members
On 7/4/2022 at 11:07 AM, scott456 said:

@endlessdream, so you got 2-2 seat instead of the standard 3-3 economy seat with an economy ticket. Do you have any status with AV or Star Alliance? 

Yeah. I have but it's not for that. I bought this ticket with av miles and only av number is in the system. I could already choose 2-2 seat at that point. btw, I also managed to use the business class check in, as it shows 2K in on the boarding pass. 

• Members
On 6/12/2022 at 12:06 AM, xpaulo said:

There was a third one I went to that was very modern looking and clean and and expensive and had a few muscular male model types, but no fun at all.

That must have been the one I went to but I had fun! I think it's called Olimpo. I considered it a smaller version of Lagoa or 117, with just as beautiful and well-built guys, just fewer of them than in the big cities. Whereas 117, 202, and Lagoa might have 5 to 10 star-quality guys (I'm talking pre-covid comparison), Olimpo would have 2-5, Mezzaninu in Pto Alegre would have 1-3, and Curitiba or Recife would struggle for 1 though they might still have perfectly enjoyable companionship.

• Members
42 minutes ago, davet said:

That must have been the one I went to but I had fun! I think it's called Olimpo. I considered it a smaller version of Lagoa or 117, with just as beautiful and well-built guys, just fewer of them than in the big cities. Whereas 117, 202, and Lagoa might have 5 to 10 star-quality guys (I'm talking pre-covid comparison), Olimpo would have 2-5, Mezzaninu in Pto Alegre would have 1-3, and Curitiba or Recife would struggle for 1 though they might still have perfectly enjoyable companionship.

Kkk. How do we make perfectly enjoyable companionship out of less than 1 star? You must be too severe with the stars…

4 hours ago, davet said:

Olimpo would have 2-5,

Ha, ha that sounds like the one. It was like one of those super high end stores that only have a few items out for display, but they're all exquisite. The few guys there were exquisite, but I'd much be rather be with a hairy young mechanic.

• Members
8 hours ago, endlessdream said:

Kkk. How do we make perfectly enjoyable companionship out of less than 1 star? You must be too severe with the stars…

Lol. I misread. Star quality. lol. You are right then. I do want to be in a buyers’ market when I’m buying though.