macaroni21

Indonesia lifts requirement for pre departure tests

I had a look at the Indonesia requirements (on gov.uk)

Those intending to purchase a “visa on arrival” should:

1. install the Peduli Lindungi mobile application
  2. show proof of a full course of vaccination (travellers under 18 years old or those who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons are exempt)

3. show proof of a negative RT-PCR test taken maximum 2 x 24 hours prior to departure, which can be checked by a QR code or bar-code. The certificate must be in English. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test

4. show proof of full health insurance from an insurance company which is incorporated as a legal entity in Indonesia. Coverage should include COVID-19 treatment.

5. undergo a temperature check upon arrival and, if showing COVID-19 symptoms and / or a temperature above 37.5 degrees, a RT-PCR test. If you test positive, you may be taken to a hospital for treatment or an isolation centre at your own expense. If negative, fully vaccinated travellers can continue their journey

Obviously #3 is to be deleted.  

#4 Is a potential problem, as it looks like another potential insurance scam ?     Having to buy insurance from a company incorporated in Indonesia.  Even Thailand does not specify where the insurer should be incorporated.    For me, this Indonesia policy would only be acceptable if I could use any global insurer with operations in Indonesia.

#5  Is a very watered down test on arrival regime.   I think your odds of failing the temperature test are low, particularly if taking Ibuprofen beforehand.     As long as they are conducting the temperature test with accurate equipment and not trying to scam people, it seems low risk & this aspect is better than Thailand.

So overall, whether this is better than Thai entry requirements depends on the actual interpretation of the insurance rules ?