Travelguy2006

Rio virgin

• Members
5 hours ago, Travelguy2006 said:

Going to Rio for the first time in February for carnival.  I really just want some suggestions about where to go, what to avoid. Where to stay. Any help would be nice

February is a whole 8 months away. I suggest reading the main forum’s posts on Brazil to get some leads. 

3 minutes ago, Travelguy2006 said:

Yes hence what I am doing. But I didn't see anyone talk about rio during carnival 

My experience of Rio during Carnival= triple expensive, triple potential danger, triple crowds, triple everything.

For someone that wants to see Carnival, I say go the week-10 days before and watch the practices, I hate crowds.

I feel the same for 2 days after Christmas until the first half of January in Rio......the 1st  3 weeks in Dec is heaven in Rio, as a consumer.

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

My experience of Rio during Carnival= triple expensive, triple potential danger, triple crowds, triple everything.

For someone that wants to see Carnival, I say go the week-10 days before and watch the practices, I hate crowds.

I feel the same for 2 days after Christmas until the first half of January in Rio......the 1st  3 weeks in Dec is heaven in Rio, as a consumer.

Thank you for the feedback! When do the crowds leave for carnival?